Toronto Maple Leafs

fifefife Posts: 3,327
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So i never thought I would do this but i am starting a Toronto Maple leaf thread for all you loser leafs fans. :D please feel free to talk about all 30 wins you will get this year :D or how much you hate MLSE. This is your time to talk smack.

this is for you X so that you don't talk about the leafs on my great flyers post.

Good luck all :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Are AHL teams allowed to have their own threads? :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Flyers open the season tonight agaist the Pens. Seems like stanley cup finalists should get to open the season at home. goofy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Are AHL teams allowed to have their own threads? :mrgreen:
    Don't insult the AHL's calibre of play like that ;)

I really hope Seguin lights it up this year. I've never liked the Leafs, and seeing Burke fail is always a pleasure :)
    Sorry Leaf fans. It would be kinda cool to see what Toronto would be like during a cup run....but I guess I could say it would be cool to see people riding unicorns down the 401 too ;)
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    Flyers open the season tonight agaist the Pens. Seems like stanley cup finalists should get to open the season at home. goofy.

should we talk only about the flyers. that would be funny. the flyers have to open at Pitts. god forbid the NHL doesn't bow down to the kid.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

should we talk only about the flyers. that would be funny. the flyers have to open at Pitts. god forbid the NHL doesn't bow down to the kid.

this isn't the nhl bowing down to the kid, they are opening a new barn so bringing in the top rival makes sense. i can't fault the nhl for this. however, they should let the flyers open at home tonight, have pitt open on the road and then have the flyers in pitt to open the new barn on sat night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    0.jpg

Very few Color Pictures... :lol:
    I was 0 years old :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    81 wrote:

Last I heard there were 87 tickets left..If you hurry you might make it....Go Pens!.. :)
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    Well at least if Leaf fans get tired of watching them suck they can drive across the bridge to other side and watch the Sabres win. Then watch the Sabres blow it in the playoffs as usual and get out coached.
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

this isn't the nhl bowing down to the kid, they are opening a new barn so bringing in the top rival makes sense. i can't fault the nhl for this. however, they should let the flyers open at home tonight, have pitt open on the road and then have the flyers in pitt to open the new barn on sat night.

I know, just don't like the kid. can't expect the NHL brass to be smart
    jshin wrote:
    81 wrote:

Last I heard there were 87 tickets left..If you hurry you might make it....Go Pens!.. :)

wow still no sellout? how much r the tickets going for now?
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    fife wrote:
    jshin wrote:
    81 wrote:

wow still no sellout? how much r the tickets going for now?

$151 for standing room only...Goes up from there.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

Last I heard there were 87 tickets left..If you hurry you might make it....Go Pens!.. :)[/quote]

wow still no sellout? how much r the tickets going for now?[/quote]

$151 for standing room only...Goes up from there.[/quote]

what idiots! i guess they are following the leaf example.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    GO LEAFS GO!
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    if the Leafs can win a game within the first eight games to start this season, it'll be an improvement over last season!
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

polaris_x wrote:
    GO LEAFS GO!

i guess you feel safe here eh?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    fife wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    GO LEAFS GO!

haha ... has nothing to do with feeling safe ... it's a matter of not taking a flyers thread and making it about the leafs ... that's all ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    GO LEAFS GO!

haha ... has nothing to do with feeling safe ... it's a matter of not taking a flyers thread and making it about the leafs ... that's all ...

no problems, :D
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    go leafs, go.
    there. i said it.
    go leafs, go.
    there. i said it.

with passion like that its a wonder we are all not united. i love that slogan from the leafs
    fife wrote:
    go leafs, go.
    there. i said it.

with passion like that its a wonder we are all not united. i love that slogan from the leafs

i'm actually quite passionate and will be at maple leafs sqare tonight. i just didn't feel like using an exclamation mark right now, but sice you called me out:

GO LEAFS, GO!!!

(that actually felt good -- i shoulda done that in the first place)
    fife wrote:
    go leafs, go.
    there. i said it.

i'm actually quite passionate and will be at maple leafs sqare tonight. i just didn't feel like using an exclamation mark right now, but sice you called me out:

GO LEAFS, GO!!!

(that actually felt good -- i shoulda done that in the first place)

see, good luck tonight. i will be at the dundas square watching my flyers play. btw, what is the slogan for the ;leafs this year. i know last year was the passion that unites us all.
    fife wrote:
    see, good luck tonight. i will be at the dundas square watching my flyers play. btw, what is the slogan for the ;leafs this year. i know last year was the passion that unites us all.

"burke is god. doubt him and be smitten."

good luck to your flyers, they're gonna have a great season (i'm a huge supporter of pronger, richards, carter and jvr). i dunno if leighton's the real deal, but what's hockey without a little risk, right?
    fife wrote:

haha! i'm gonna be at dundas square too...watching the flyers get their asses handed to them :D
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

fife wrote:

haha! i'm gonna be at dundas square too...watching the flyers get their asses handed to them :D

please tell me you will be wearing a shirt. don't want to scare the children. and also if you are going to sucking your nipples try to make it discrete :D
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I will call it: Leafs are making the playoffs this year.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Quoted for posterity ;)
    Not a chance...
    Good luck tho!
    fife wrote:

"burke is god. doubt him and be smitten."

good luck to your flyers, they're gonna have a great season (i'm a huge supporter of pronger, richards, carter and jvr). i dunno if leighton's the real deal, but what's hockey without a little risk, right?

good luck with your leafs. i might not be a fan but it would be nice for them to do something for their fans. i think if our defense can play the way they play i think Leighton will be ok whenever he comes back.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Quoted for posterity ;)
    Not a chance...
    Good luck tho!
    In April - I will pull up this post of mine and prove everyone wrong. Leafs are making the playoffs - Count on it
    fife wrote:

please tell me you will be wearing a shirt. don't want to scare the children. and also if you are going to sucking your nipples try to make it discrete :D

i'll be wearing my Pens jersey...i'm actually in shape, so i don't have manboobs and am unable to lick my own nipples :(

Quoted for posterity ;)
    Not a chance...
    Good luck tho!
    In April - I will pull up this post of mine and prove everyone wrong. Leafs are making the playoffs - Count on it

I don't think they will but i think they will be better than last year. still worry about your scoring. what team do you think won't make the playoffs that were there last year?