Toronto Maple Leafs

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    polaris_x wrote:

Hahaha!
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Rogers and Bell own 37.5 each and Larry owns the other 25 percent, thing is Bell owns 18 percent of the Canadiens which i think is wrong, be involved with 1 team already Bell.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    meh, just means different owners will now enjoy the ongoing tradition of losing.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

meh, just means different owners will now enjoy the ongoing tradition of losing.

and the cash it brings :lol:
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    Well the Leafs better win tonight or they will drop below that all familiar line that us fans have grown accustom to. I know its still early in the season, but I want to see them above that playoff line come Jan 1 2012

GO LEAFS GO :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • The Leafs are starting to fall into where they should be. They weren't as good at the beginning of the season as everyone thought they were, their schedule was a breeze and it was a small sample size. now that the sample is larger their weaknesses are being exposed at an alarming rate and some of the biggest problems the leafs faced last year have still not been resolved...Does anyone here honestly believe that Bozak is a first line center? Come on...
    i think everyone here has been fairly realistic with this team ... you can see right from the get go we've been saying they are gonna be battling for the final playoff spots ...

but this team is way better than previous teams ... their PK is absolutely killing them tho ... if they don't right that ship - they won't have a shot at all ...
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    With his latest call-up, perhaps Kadri will finally find his role on this team and last. I'm glad to see we'll be playing him in the top six this time around. Connolly makes everyone around him better, so maybe a point from the dude ain't impossible tonight.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Good luck against Rochester tonight.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Good luck against Rochester tonight.
    good luck to you as well.
    Nice win over the Islanders last night, go into this holiday break with a nice little winning streak. Hopefully this break will give Lupol's foot a nice rest. If he goes down, Kessel will be lost.
    Still not sold on Kadri, he still gets pushed around too much, maybe I'm not being patient enough with him, but damm it all, pick it up and make it look like you belong in the league :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Looks like Ron Wilson got what he wanted for Christmas:
    @coachrw63: "He came! He came!" Remember saying that as a little kid? Well he did: I got a new Red Ryder BB gun and a contract extension!
  • Looks like Ron Wilson got what he wanted for Christmas:
    @coachrw63: "He came! He came!" Remember saying that as a little kid? Well he did: I got a new Red Ryder BB gun and a contract extension!
    Yup...The terrible penalty kill will still be intact for a few more years.
    Happy New Year Leafs congrats for fucking up yet again and being in 10th to start the new year :x
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    back to back wins! ... nice litmus test with detroit coming up ...
  • Yeah, I really like the massive amount of homes games this month...only 3 on the road and Pittsburgh is the furthest they have to travel...Come February 1st, they'll either be buyers or sellers. This is the make or break month for them...Hopefully having all these games at home with home ice advantage count for something.
    Yeah, I really like the massive amount of homes games this month...only 3 on the road and Pittsburgh is the furthest they have to travel...Come February 1st, they'll either be buyers or sellers. This is the make or break month for them...Hopefully having all these games at home with home ice advantage count for something.

team has played shit at home for the most part this year ... lupul has been on fire ...
  • polaris_x wrote:
    Yeah, I really like the massive amount of homes games this month...only 3 on the road and Pittsburgh is the furthest they have to travel...Come February 1st, they'll either be buyers or sellers. This is the make or break month for them...Hopefully having all these games at home with home ice advantage count for something.

team has played shit at home for the most part this year ... lupul has been on fire ...

10-5-4 at home isn't exactly shit...only the Rangers and penguins have fewer loses on home ice)...And it's better than their .500 record on the road...if they can win 5 of their 7 home games (which is very reasonable), they have the opportunity to take 2 of their 3 road games (maybe even all 3) and this could really vault them into the top of the east...

come one, you're a Leaf fan, aren't you? We've got to think wishfully!
    10-5-4 at home isn't exactly shit...only the Rangers and penguins have fewer loses on home ice)...And it's better than their .500 record on the road...if they can win 5 of their 7 home games (which is very reasonable), they have the opportunity to take 2 of their 3 road games (maybe even all 3) and this could really vault them into the top of the east...

come one, you're a Leaf fan, aren't you? We've got to think wishfully!

that is essentially 10-9 ... the 4 is OTL which is essentially a loss ... that's not a very good record at home ...

i am a leaf fan which in it of itself is a curse ... haha ... but i'm not gonna give free passes here ... great win last nite but jeez - the standing around and watching the other team skate circles is infuriating!
    A good win tonight from the boys in blue! Good for Monster getting his second SO in three starts.
  • Agreed...first 4 game win streak for the Leafs since Reimer won them 4 to start 2011...
    still prone to bad turnovers ... but i like kadri ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    still prone to bad turnovers ... but i like kadri ...

Not really liking him myself, he has some great talent, but unless he toughens up, I say trade him and get something good. By toughening up, I mean he has to be stronger, he still gets knocked down way to much for my liking. Imagine the playoffs (if they get there) he'll get eaten alive out there.

Cmon boys, like to see 5 in a row, cant remeber the last time they did that
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Leafs are certainly on a roll, booo

that will change :lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Not really liking him myself, he has some great talent, but unless he toughens up, I say trade him and get something good. By toughening up, I mean he has to be stronger, he still gets knocked down way to much for my liking. Imagine the playoffs (if they get there) he'll get eaten alive out there.

he did have a big hit last nite ... but yeah ... for sure - he needs to add more strength ... needs to get on a sidney crosby power skating regimen ...
    smarchee wrote:
    Leafs are certainly on a roll, booo

that will change :lol:

not one iota of sympathy for this long struggling fan base!??? ... :lol::lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

he did have a big hit last nite ... but yeah ... for sure - he needs to add more strength ... needs to get on a sidney crosby power skating regimen ...

Yeah wouldn't hurt.
    One of the guys in my office is going to the game on Friday, lucky fuck :D I hope they can get the win tomorrow and start getting some distance from that playoff line. Lets keep it rolling :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    these are the type of games this team would always lose ... second of home and away series against the same team ... let's see if this team has indeed made some strides ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    these are the type of games this team would always lose ... second of home and away series against the same team ... let's see if this team has indeed made some strides ...

It's definitely time for them to leave all that in the past. For the first time in a long while, they've consistently been an exciting team to follow.