college kid commits suicide after being secretly taped

Comments

• why was it necessary to say it was a gay sexual encounter? seems like they're unnecessarily highlighting the very thing that led to this... being outed in such a public way would be incredibly traumatic... his family is already grieving - assuming they didn't know about his sexuality, there's no need to further complicate things

stick to the important details instead of the gossip :?

sad story
    So true. What difference does it make who he was with? It is as if to rationalize his taking his own life, because he was gay?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    It's hard to believe people can be so cruel.
    My hope is the 2 that taped him will someday feel his pain and
    his disillusionment and disappointment in the human race.
    it's pretty easy to love
    spread it

that's all i have,
    carry on
    Amen
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Agree w/ 81 and Boo Boo

See i wouldn't have killed myself, that's not the right move to make here, i would have killed the two kids.
    i would have understood that, it would have been a moral imperative, or atleast kill them before killing myself.
    my point being there are always options, even if there horrific.

a moral imperative??
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Made the world news
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Made the world news

not to nitpick or anything but ive been awake for 3 hours and ive not heard it on any of the 6 newsbreaks ive heard since then.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Made the world news

not to nitpick or anything but ive been awake for 3 hours and ive not heard it on any of the 6 newsbreaks ive heard since then.
    US world news :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • my friend went to high school with him...said he was a really great guy.

i have a few friends at rutgers right now...they say the campus is really down right now.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    why was it necessary to say it was a gay sexual encounter? seems like they're unnecessarily highlighting the very thing that led to this... being outed in such a public way would be incredibly traumatic... his family is already grieving - assuming they didn't know about his sexuality, there's no need to further complicate things

sad story
    So true. What difference does it make who he was with? It is as if to rationalize his taking his own life, because he was gay?
    i'm sure alota people take their lives just cause their gay and that's what i think happened here. it wasn't so much he was flimed but because his was outed for being gay infront of the world and maybe his family finally knew.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well if everyone in the world could handle problems as well as you and 81, it would be just a perfect place. Feel free to step down from the high horse anytime.

it's not about being on a high horse. it's about not feeling for a guy that choose death over life. dude was 18, had his entire life ahead of himself, but chose to end it. you give me a story about an 18 year old that has cancer and is fighting tooth and nail to live as much as he can before his time is up, then i will feel for the kid.
    cancer patient is much more accepted in this country then gay people. i mean the very reason he was taped was he was gay.

Some of you have no idea just how sick and violent a person's thoughts can become. Some of you ought to pray you never understand that rather than judge those who do.
    well said

Made the world news

US world news :mrgreen:

my bad... i forgot the US thinks its the whole world. :P :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    edited September 2010
    metsfan wrote:
    why was it necessary to say it was a gay sexual encounter? seems like they're unnecessarily highlighting the very thing that led to this... being outed in such a public way would be incredibly traumatic... his family is already grieving - assuming they didn't know about his sexuality, there's no need to further complicate things

sad story
    i'm sure alota people take their lives just cause their gay and that's what i think happened here. it wasn't so much he was flimed but because his was outed for being gay infront of the world and maybe his family finally knew.

i agree. i would be homicidally ropeable if this happened to me. there would be no corner dark enough for thsoe two to hide it. what an absolute betrayal. they had to have known what this would do to that guy. perhaps not that hed kill himself but that at the least he would be grossly humiliated. i dont think we are ever more vulnerable than during the act of sex. and to have the whole world see that is not on the top of many people wishlist.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

i agree. i would homicidally ropeable if this happened to me. there would be no corner dark enough for thsoe two to hide it. what an absolute betrayal. they had to have known what this would do to that guy. perhaps not that hed kill himself but that at the least he would be grossly humiliated. i dont think we are ever more vulnerable than during the act of sex. and to have the whole world see that is not on the top of many people wishlist.
    agreed but i don't think they knew he would kill himself over this

metsfan wrote:

i agree. i would homicidally ropeable if this happened to me. there would be no corner dark enough for thsoe two to hide it. what an absolute betrayal. they had to have known what this would do to that guy. perhaps not that hed kill himself but that at the least he would be grossly humiliated. i dont think we are ever more vulnerable than during the act of sex. and to have the whole world see that is not on the top of many people wishlist.
    agreed but i don't think they knew he would kill himself over this

yes... as i said i doubt it too. but were they doing for a laugh? what was the reason? did they think someone would just brush this off? did they think AT ALL? whenever is lets secretly tape mikey fucking let alone lets secretly tape mikey fucking and whack it on the internets ever ok? seems even those getting educated dont learn some things. tragic.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Agree w/ 81 and Boo Boo

See i wouldn't have killed myself, that's not the right move to make here, i would have killed the two kids.
    i would have understood that, it would have been a moral imperative, or atleast kill them before killing myself.
    my point being there are always options, even if there horrific.

a moral imperative??

Ofcourse, haven't you ever scene Real-Genius-Poster-C10134378.jpeg

yes... as i said i doubt it too. but were they doing for a laugh? what was the reason? did they think someone would just brush this off? did they think AT ALL? whenever is lets secretly tape mikey fucking let alone lets secretly tape mikey fucking and whack it on the internets ever ok? seems even those getting educated dont learn some things. tragic.
    it happens all the time sadly enough at colleges. it wouldn't have been that big of a story had the kid not killed himself

• metsfan wrote:

it happens all the time sadly enough at colleges. it wouldn't have been that big of a story had the kid not killed himself
    It happens all the time.. its really sad that people will do such stupid things for a cheap laugh. i hope the kid who taped this wakes up every morning feeling like a piece of shit.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
    It happens all the time.. its really sad that people will do such stupid things for a cheap laugh. i hope the kid who taped this wakes up every morning feeling like a piece of shit.
    agreed

i hope they get put on trial for murder

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    metsfan wrote:
    agreed

they will never be on trial for murder, nor should they.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    agreed

they will never be on trial for murder, nor should they.
    :roll:

metsfan wrote:

don't roll your eyes. yes the broadcasting of the dudes sexual escapeds wasn't the brightest thing that these kids could have done. however, there actions did not result in teh kids death. the kid decided of his own free will to jump. nobody told him too, nobody pushed him, and as far as we know, nobody even suggested it.

if you were to commit suicide (and i'm not suggesting that you do) because you have been called a sport fraud and you left a suicide note stating as such, should jegs be held accountable because he made you feel bad :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

don't roll your eyes. yes the broadcasting of the dudes sexual escapeds wasn't the brightest thing that these kids could have done. however, there actions did not result in teh kids death. the kid decided of his own free will to jump. nobody told him too, nobody pushed him, and as far as we know, nobody even suggested it.

if you were to commit suicide (and i'm not suggesting that you do) because you have been called a sport fraud and you left a suicide note stating as such, should jegs be held accountable because he made you feel bad :?:

youre right. murder requires intent to kill. i also think it requires premeditation. if im mistaken someone correct me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

no their actions did cause him to kill himself. you have no idea what the kids life is like and nor will any one of us ever know who isn't gay know the hardships he was put through for the 18 years of his life. it's very easy to be a monday morning quarterback bout this and say oh it's its selfish and all everything else. gay people get made fun of day in and day out and eventually theirs only so much you can take. he killed himself cause everyone in the fucking world now knows he was gay including his family members all cause of a stupid by some immature scumbag kids. many family members of gay people disown them cause of their gayness and cause of that it leads a gay person to kill themselves. go look at the number of gay people that kill themselves.

yes i will roll my eyes at you and don't ever fucking tell me what to do

metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

no their actions did cause him to kill himself. you have no idea what the kids life is like and nor will any one of us ever know who isn't gay know the hardships he was put through for the 18 years of his life. it's very easy to be a monday morning quarterback bout this and say oh it's its selfish and all everything else. gay people get made fun of day in and day out and eventually theirs only so much you can take. he killed himself cause everyone in the fucking world now knows he was gay including his family members all cause of a stupid by some immature scumbag kids. many family members of gay people disown them cause of their gayness and cause of that it leads a gay person to kill themselves. go look at the number of gay people that kill themselves.

yes i will roll my eyes at you and don't ever fucking tell me what to do

brian, no ones debating that. whats being debated is that murder isnt the appropriate charge to be brought against those idiots. and as i stated above for a murder charge, intent needs to be established. not to mention he committed suicide. and as unfortunate as this incident is, i doubt thats what their intent was. it was mischief making. jerky mischief making.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    MURDER
    (N.J.S.A. 2C:11-3a(l) and 3a(2))
    The defendant is charged by indictment with the murder of (insert name of victim). Count of the indictment reads as follows: (Read indictment)
    A person is guilty of murder if (he/she):
    (1) caused the victim’s death or serious bodily injury that then resulted in the victim’s death;1 and
    (2) the defendant did so purposely or knowingly.
    In order for you to find the defendant guilty of murder, the State is required to prove each of the following elements beyond a reasonable doubt:
    (1) that the defendant caused (insert victim's name) death or serious bodily injury that then resulted in (insert victim's name) death, and
    (2) that the defendant did so purposely or knowingly.
    One element that the State must prove beyond a reasonable doubt is that the defendant acted purposely or knowingly.
    A person acts purposely when it is the person's conscious object to cause death or serious bodily injury resulting in death.2
    A person acts knowingly when the person is aware that it is practically certain that (his/her) conduct will cause death or serious bodily injury resulting in death.3..

this is imcomplete so if youre really interested then ....

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/crimin ... icide2.pdf
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • same people same shit :mrgreen:

needed a smiley face b4 people get too worked up

hi cate
  • :( can't we all just get along? :D
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    metsfan wrote:
    don't ever fucking tell me what to do

go make me some pancakes and serve them on a bunny's head
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Boo Boo wrote:
    :( can't we all just get along? :D

we can if people would accept facts as facts and not try to draw dotted lines. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    don't ever fucking tell me what to do

go make me some pancakes and serve them on a bunny's head
    :lol: Nice to see you are in a good mood this morning, Senor 81. I want pancakes too.

As far as this kid goes, I'd just like to make a comment about the bigger picture here. When I was in college, and it wasn't even that long ago, there were no cellphones, no YouTube, nothing like that. This type of shit wouldn't have even been possible a few years ago. I feel really bad for any high schooler or college kid nowadays that has to deal with all this shit, on top of Facebook and the evils attached to that. Cyber-bullying has become a hot-button issue here in MA after that girl killed herself after being ridiculed by her classmates. So sad. It's tough being a kid today.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925