college kid commits suicide after being secretly taped

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    this is unbelievably sad. hope justice is served & may he rest in peace.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    Yeah, that is quite possibly the saddest thing I have ever read.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

poor kid was dealing with enough regarding his sexuality and these baffonns think its funny to leave a camera in his room ...and then post it live ????????????????

man o man really pieces of shit
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    a kid walking down the street that gets killed by a stray bullet is sad. a kid jumping off a bridge doesn't sadden me. it sucks that he was embarressed by what transpired with the filming.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    clearly iphones should be banned.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    a kid walking down the street that gets killed by a stray bullet is sad. a kid jumping off a bridge doesn't sadden me. it sucks that he was embarressed by what transpired with the filming.

cmon bro ..its sad that he was so embarassed that he had to kill himself
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

poor kid was dealing with enough regarding his sexuality and these baffonns think its funny to leave a camera in his room ...and then post it live ????????????????

man o man really pieces of shit

Theres a special place in hell for those fuckers.
    81 wrote:

That's pretty cold, dude.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    That is just tragic.

I hope the culprits are charged for something---at the very least for posting personal stuff like that!!! That lady that made a fake myspace that directly lead to that girl killing herself was charged. I know she got off...

God I hate people.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    why should i feel bad for a kid that made a decision to jump off a bridge? really?

it's pretty crappy his room mate did that to him, but in the big picture of life, it wasn't that big of a deal. if you are so embarressed that you can't show face on campus again, drop out and transfer. sue the kids and make thier life misareable.

sorry, i don't feel bad for the kid because he commited sucide.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Lizard wrote:
    That is just tragic.

I hope the culprits are charged for something---at the very least for posting personal stuff like that!!! That lady that made a fake myspace that directly lead to that girl killing herself was charged. I know she got off...

God I hate people.

they were charged for the recording and transmitting of an unathorized sexual foray. i suspect they will get fined and do a small out of time. i don't see how you can charge them with anything related to the death.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    81 wrote:

cmon bro ..its sad that he was so embarassed that he had to kill himself

At the risk of agreeing with neilybabes here, I concur. If you have never experienced the gun-in-mouth blues, for whatever reason, then consider yourself fortunate. There is a level of pain, and in cases like this, humilation most of us couldn't possibly understand. Try to have some empathy.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    81 wrote:
    why should i feel bad for a kid that made a decision to jump off a bridge? really?

it's pretty crappy his room mate did that to him, but in the big picture of life, it wasn't that big of a deal. if you are so embarressed that you can't show face on campus again, drop out and transfer. sue the kids and make thier life misareable.

sorry, i don't feel bad for the kid because he commited sucide.

you do realize that people who commit suicide just feel like there is NO other choice yeah?

that in and of itself is very sad.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    speaking of suicide....

anybody remember this story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ridge.html
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • its sad that happen..probably the kid was to much sensitive so did this wrong action...commit suiside is the wrong way to do ..life is a gift..
    as for those 2 fuckers...no comment..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    sad ... i'm sure all their friends were laughing when they did this ... glad someone had the courage to report this to authorities ... :(

i'm gonna postulate that this kid came from a very conservative religious household ...
  • 81 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    That is just tragic.

God I hate people.

they were charged for the recording and transmitting of an unathorized sexual foray. i suspect they will get fined and do a small out of time. i don't see how you can charge them with anything related to the death.

I agree with 81 on his first post. No, it doesn't sadden me. Yes, He had to deal with the embarrassment of being caught on tape with another guy, but to kill yourself over it is just selfish. I feel for the pain he must have been feeling but to kill yourself and then cause your own family even more grief because you decided to experiment with homosexuality or even if you were gay. Well that's just silly. However I do agree they should have some punishment to pay. The filming and posting of this (as stated in the article) is a fouth degree crime. They should do the time for that alone.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    Boo Boo wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    That is just tragic.

God I hate people.

I agree with 81 on his first post. No, it doesn't sadden me. Yes, He had to deal with the embarrassment of being caught on tape with another guy, but to kill yourself over it is just selfish. I feel for the pain he must have been feeling but to kill yourself and then cause your own family even more grief because you decided to experiment with homosexuality or even if you were gay. Well that's just silly. However I do agree they should have some punishment to pay. The filming and posting of this (as stated in the article) is a fouth degree crime. They should do the time for that alone.

Well if everyone in the world could handle problems as well as you and 81, it would be just a perfect place. Feel free to step down from the high horse anytime.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well if everyone in the world could handle problems as well as you and 81, it would be just a perfect place. Feel free to step down from the high horse anytime.

it's not about being on a high horse. it's about not feeling for a guy that choose death over life. dude was 18, had his entire life ahead of himself, but chose to end it. you give me a story about an 18 year old that has cancer and is fighting tooth and nail to live as much as he can before his time is up, then i will feel for the kid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    That is just tragic.

God I hate people.

I do not agree.

You never know what goes on in another person's mind. You don't know what his background was or what kind of messages he'd been getting from his family all his life. It may not have been a case of embarrassment for himself but of deep shame that he thought he'd brought on his family. He may have thought he was sparing them grief, not bringing it on them. There are reasons why gays have higher suicide rates.

Even if his thinking was distorted (as I'm sure it was; that's typical for people who suicide), it's cruel to refer to someone who felt such desperation as "selfish" or "silly."
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Agree w/ 81 and Boo Boo

See i wouldn't have killed myself, that's not the right move to make here, i would have killed the two kids.
    i would have understood that, it would have been a moral imperative, or atleast kill them before killing myself.
    my point being there are always options, even if there horrific.
    Agree w/ 81 and Boo Boo

See i wouldn't have killed myself, that's not the right move to make here, i would have killed the two kids.
    i would have understood that, it would have been a moral imperative, or atleast kill them before killing myself.

not sure i would go that far. :lol:

sue and transfer = free education
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • This is truly a tragedy. Its pretty sad when people have nothing better to do than just make others kids lifes miserable. I hope that kid goes it jail.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    edited September 2010
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

it's not about being on a high horse. it's about not feeling for a guy that choose death over life. dude was 18, had his entire life ahead of himself, but chose to end it. you give me a story about an 18 year old that has cancer and is fighting tooth and nail to live as much as he can before his time is up, then i will feel for the kid.

Again, I agree with 81 (which in itself is scary.. ;) ) Listen, gonna have to open up here, I have attempted suicide,. I was diagnosed with suicidal ideation years ago. I know what its like to feel THAT desperate to end it all. Its a horrible horrific feeling and you really think there is no way out but death. I got the help that I need to realize that there are options. I said I feel for the boy but I don't feel sad for him. 81 is correct, and 8 year old caught in a crossfire of a drive by is sad. He chose to end his life over a situation that would have been over and never spoke of again within a months time.

I am sorry if you feel we are on high horses here. Nothing can be further than the truth.
    Post edited by Green Circle on
    81 wrote:

the issue is you don't know what he was going through ... you can only hypothesize ... this response that people who commit suicide are selfish is one of the biggest hurdles people who specialize in the field have to overcome ...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:
    Agree w/ 81 and Boo Boo

not sure i would go that far. :lol:

sue and transfer = free education

Rational, intresting. gotta tell ya, my gut says go with the kill crazy rampage, but that's just my opinion.
  • If you're operating under the assumption that the suicidal person is thinking clearly, then yes, there are always options. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Someone who commits suicide is NOT thinking rationally. It seems like an acceptable solution to them, for illogical reasons.

It really bothers me to see such harsh criticism of someone who killed himself because the extension of that is how do you feel about someone who is suicidal? Do you try to get help for them? Or do you just tell them to get a grip because it's a silly idea? Like eyed said, unless you've been there don't condemn.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • maybe not kill the two...but indeed make their lives a living hell while
    attending the college...oh yeah...
    If you're operating under the assumption that the suicidal person is thinking clearly, then yes, there are always options. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Someone who commits suicide is NOT thinking rationally. It seems like an acceptable solution to them, for illogical reasons.

It really bothers me to see such harsh criticism of someone who killed himself because the extension of that is how do you feel about someone who is suicidal? Do you try to get help for them? Or do you just tell them to get a grip because it's a silly idea? Like eyed said, unless you've been there don't condemn.

yeah ... i don't know the exact number but i think over 90% of all suicide victims have a mental illness brought on by a number of reasons ... these attitudes are what many suicidal organizations have to overcome in the marginalization of people who have unfortunately gone down this path ...
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    polaris_x wrote:
    sad ... i'm sure all their friends were laughing when they did this ... glad someone had the courage to report this to authorities ... :(

i'm gonna postulate that this kid came from a very conservative religious household

I bet you're not far off there.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me