Did you get the memo?

Comments

• Dear Certified Chief Meteorologist,

Please stop with the guesses. I do not like to be teased with the idea of snow. Living here in the south people tend to get excited at the prospect of snow. What say you don't even bring it up unless it is going to be a "system" that brings like a foot of snow to these parts. I would rather be surprised than let down time and time again with this phantom "dusting" you are always speaking of that forces people out in droves to stock up on milk and bread when I am simply trying to restock my beer supply. I think you just might be in cahoots with the grocery stores.

Sincerely,

Disgruntled weather watcher
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Dear Scrooge,

What were you thinking when you agreed to your pal inviting themselves over for 'Holiday Dinner'? Do you realize this means that I will have to clean, get the guest room ready (which means moving all of my precious Pearl Jam posters to a different room) and actually do the one thing that you hate the MOST?!? Yep, that means I have to decorate. I have to put up atree, and take out ornaments to put on the tree...and pull out other holiday themed decorations...I don't feel like making any freaking cookies, or pie, or anything else for that matter...I just wanted to have a simple meal and go to a movie.....also, we (oh sorry, you mean me) I will have to go out and come up with some sort of gift for them, since they will almost definitely be bringing a gift for us....AND I get to do this all the while you are conveniently away on a business trip.... :twisted:

Yours not-so-truly.....
    exasperated holiday decorator
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dear 10 feet and counting of snow,

FUCK YOU

yours,

someone who would rather spend christmas at the beach
  • norm wrote:
    dear 10 feet and counting of snow,

FUCK YOU

yours,

someone who would rather spend christmas at the beach

i'll sign my name on that letter :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Dear Chad,

Pay your fine.

Your pal, 81
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Dear Chad,

Pay your fine.

Your pal, 81

Dear 81,

You should be generous and pay the fine for chad.
    or start a 'holy fine fund'....:D

Your pal,
    4and20
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Dear Forum,

If you would like to contribute to teh free chad fund, please paypal kat at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:kat@forums.pearljam.com">kat@forums.pearljam.com</a><!-- e -->

Thanks
    mgmt
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    Dear Forum,

If you would like to contribute to teh free chad fund, please paypal kat at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:kat@forums.pearljam.com">kat@forums.pearljam.com</a><!-- e -->

Thanks
    mgmt

monopoly-money-iou.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Dear Day:

You totally shit on me today, so fuck you. But thank you for being over.

Here's to a better tomorrow.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Dear Dexter.

It's a little risky dumping another body in the ocean after the Feds found 13 plus in the ocean, no?
  • Dear Wedding Ring,

I'm still really sad that you broke on me this past summer. I know you were a little cheap piece of crap, but that's all we could afford when we got married. You did manage to last me almost ten years, but I would have rather you lasted a lot longer than that. Just so you know, I did finally order me a new one yesterday, even though I did end up getting you fixed, I just know your going to break on me again. I don't want something to happen where you break and I lose you all together. So I'm getting a new one here soon and I'm going to retire you and store you away in a very safe place so I can still keep you.

Now here's the actually crappy part, Wedding Ring. My wife's ring, although it is not broken, is also a piece of crap. Now that I have ordered a new one I think she's going to want an upgrade as well. I managed to get mine replaced for pretty cheap but I fear she will not do the same.

But oh well, thanks for hanging out with me for all these years.

Adios,
    capthowdy1027
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Dear capthowdy1027,

You guessed right.

Sincerely, and increasingly less patiently waiting,

Mrs. capthowdy1027

wb16744.jpg
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,760
    Dear love in my life,

Thanks for showing up. It's been worth the wait. Sorry it took ME so long to get here, but , well you know, had to take care of a few things first.

Me
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Dear Winter,

Your days are numbered. Get lost.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    edited February 2011
    Dear Z-
    Girl, we've been friends a long time and you know i love you. It is out of that love that I must tell you that today you are a trainwreck. Get it together. If you don't, it is all gonna fall apart. And it won't be pretty.
    Post edited by RYEzupSF on

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Dear Anniversary,

Please go away and come back again so I can do it better.

Sincerley yours,

Forgetful stoner.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Dear Forgetful Stoner

Uh-oh!!

Yours

The person with a diary.
    Dear Rye-
    It is perfectly fine if you want to go out on a Thursday night and rage a little bit. It’s also a good idea to self-impose a curfew. In the future, please keep in mind that a curfew means you go home and go to bed. It does not mean you invite your friends over and stay up drinking whiskey until after 4am. If you do that, you will still be drunk when you get to work in the morning. Your hangover will start to hit you late morning and you will spend the entire day entirely worthless. Pull yourself together because you are a fucking trainwreck.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely, RYEzupSF

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dear hall & oats,

you're now making avatars?
    got any extra tickets?
    i am the world's biggest fan of you guys.
    got any posters?
    if you two crazy cats are ever in chicago i can hook you up nicely.

your pal,
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Dear 81-

Hall and Oates make avatars on occasion, but you must have an "in" to get one. Hall and Oats are very exclusive.
    Hall and Oates do not understand "extra tickets."
    Thank you for being the world's biggest fan. As Hall and Oates we understand those are very big shoes to fill.
    Yes we have posters. Very big shiny posters.
    On occasion Hall and Oates are in Chicago. When you say "hook you up nicely" to what do you refer? If you mean cougars with big hair, big boobs, short skirts, white pumps and press on nails then we will find it easier to understand "extra tickets."

Your idols,
    Hall and Oates

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Dearest Green Bay Packers,

Let's do it!!!!!

Very Truly Yours,
    A Packer Backer jump-1.gif
    Dear tummy

Why lately whenever I've treated you to a proper cup of coffee do you within 30 minutes suddently decide to explode? It is proving inconvenient, it was very hard trying to rush home with my legs clenched together trying to encourage the dog not to sniff every corner.

Please don't do it again.

Yours

Woman who likes the odd cup of caffeinated coffee.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Dear Claire

I am tired of being blamed for various ailments in this world, hot flushes, lack of sleep, the shakes to name but a few and now "exploding tummy". Try blaming the chicken jalfrezi you had last night!!!

Yours indignantly

Mr Coffee Annan
  • Dearest Sweet Kitty Gremmie,

Let me introduce you to your tail. It is that long appendage that sticks out from your ass. I know you have been alive now for almost 2 years and that strange furry, gray snake seems to follow you wherever you go, but I must find it in my heart to break the news to you that it is your tail. It will always be with you. No matter how much you chase it or try and scare it away. It is your friend for life. However, I do get great amounts of joy watching you mindlessly run in circles and turn flips like a crazed acrobat trying to capture that evil furry snake. Sometimes I am glad you only have a pea for a brain.

Lovingly,
    Bearer of bad news
    Dear Coffee Annan

Now don't you be getting all snippy. You know I'm veggie and no chicken jalfrezi can be blamed. Maybe it wasn't your fault though, maybe you were just a little strong for me - I'm obviously a delicate little flower.

Yours

Claire (who's tummy is now much better)
    Dear Hall and Oates,

In one of the Top Secret communications I recieved from you via snail mail (hello? there IS email...it's not like it's the 80s anymore!) one of the requirements in addition to the big boobs, short skirts, white pumps and press on nails was white socks with lace on the tops...do the socks get me anything additional? I really would like those 'meet and greet' passes....for my friend in chicago.....

love,
    chad

- Christopher McCandless
    Dear it's spelt wrong,

uh hello?
    it's spelt wrong. your words... they are incorrect

"meat & great"

ok.....................goodbye.......

i have a paul stanley concert to attend. now back the hell off of me.

warm smiles,
    c

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Dear Chad and Friends:

The following are examples of socks that will get you the Super Special Secret Hall and Oates Meet and Greet. Please keep in mind the skirt CAN NOT cover any part of the sock. If the sock is below-the-knee the skirt must be shorter- as in when you bend down we see other lace.
    white-lace-top-cable-rib-thigh-high-over-the-knee-socks_180473894564.jpg
    Sexy-Thigh-High-Stockings-with-Lace-Top_2.jpg

Thank you for your interest and consideration in this matter. In the future please keep in mind that the first rule of Hall and Oates Top Secret Communication is there is no Hall and Oates Top Secret Communication.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you in Chicago,

Hall and Oates

dear paul stanley,

ever play with hal & oats? ever cover each others' music?
    chicago is looking forward to a few summer shows in the park.

greatest hits forever,
    sweet kitty gremmie :wtf:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Dear Chad,

Yes, Sweet Kitty Gremmie. The sweetest, I must add. You have been away too long.

Kisses.