Man Laws

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    81 wrote:

i think you're off on a few of those. isn't candlestick 3com or something? and i thought great american ballpark was named after the amusement park?

i always wondered about the rose garden too. that's a cool name but i'm not sure if there isn't a "rose" bank out in the pacific northwest or something.

you are correct on candle stick. the site i was looking at listed generally listed the name, including the sponser.

and you are semi correct on cincy (actually derived from the name of Great American Insurance Group, )

and finally the rose garden

The name was chosen both to reflect Portland's reputation as the Rose City[6], and to reflect the importance to basketball heritage of Boston Garden and Madison Square Garden arenas in Boston and New York City, respectively

i have newfound respect for the city of portland.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    4and20 wrote:
    Section 4: If you are at someone’s house you must ask for a beer, you can never just take one.

i disagree on this. if i'm at an old friends place, that i have hung with for years and we have shared many a beer thru the years, i have no problem going to his fridge and grabbing a beer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

i have newfound respect for the city of portland.

while Portland was involved in the stadium at one point, Paul Allen bought everyone else out and owns it now. He has discussed naming it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    Section 4: If you are at someone’s house you must ask for a beer, you can never just take one.

i disagree on this. if i'm at an old friends place, that i have hung with for years and we have shared many a beer thru the years, i have no problem going to his fridge and grabbing a beer.

the rule is 'someone' not 'your buddy from way back when'
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

the rule is 'someone' not 'your buddy from way back when'

than it should have an addendum...host must ask if you need a beverage
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    4and20 wrote:
    Section 5: The last beer will always be reserved for the man who originally purchased said alcohol. If someone consumes the last beer and is not the original purchaser, that person becomes solely responsible to replenish the reserves.

This seems to be a commonly overlooked rule in my circle of friends... Looks like I'm going to have to present them with this doctrine.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    81 wrote:

True. A good host who knows their guest drinks beer, will offer a beer.

Now, here's a question...if you have beer in your fridge, but not enough to share, and don't have a lot of cash to replenish...is it okay to deny beer requests?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Now, here's a question...if you have beer in your fridge, but not enough to share, and don't have a lot of cash to replenish...is it okay to deny beer requests?

hmm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

NO FUCKING WAY. That's being the opposite of a man. And another thing - you bring beer over someone's house, don't even think about being a crook nose and taking it home with you.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

NO FUCKING WAY. That's being the opposite of a man. And another thing - you bring beer over someone's house, don't even think about being a crook nose and taking it home with you.

also, if you're going to a buddy's house and plan to be drinking heavily, don't ask if he needs beer. just bring it.
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Okay, okay...maybe no denying requests...but do you have to offer?

I always offer my last beers anyway. 8 times out of 10, that person will return the favor of bringing cerveza the next time around.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    The Fixer wrote:

also, if you're going to a buddy's house and plan to be drinking heavily, don't ask if he needs beer. just bring it.

Agreed.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    you can only claim to be a fan of one team in any given sport.....and once you pick a team, you are stuck with that team, unless that team is the pirates, cubs or clippers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Okay, okay...maybe no denying requests...but do you have to offer?

I always offer my last beers anyway. 8 times out of 10, that person will return the favor of bringing cerveza the next time around.

Well, if someone comes by that you know full well drinks beer then they're going to think it's weird that you're not offering. Depends on the situation, but I would say there are some situations where you wouldn't necessarily have to offer. These are limited situations though.
    81 wrote:
    you can only claim to be a fan of one team in any given sport.....and once you pick a team, you are stuck with that team

dude, absolutely. great one
    81 wrote:
    you can only claim to be a fan of one team in any given sport.....and once you pick a team, you are stuck with that team, unless that team is the pirates, cubs or clippers

wrong thread.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&hilit=fraud

and i have a couple issues with that. i think they've been discussed in the fraud thread and beaten to a bloody pulp by now.....but you don't choose a team. you are born into your team. and you're stuck with them for life. even if you're fans of the teams you mentioned there. can't abandon them.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

wrong thread.

and i have a couple issues with that. i think they've been discussed in the fraud thread and beaten to a bloody pulp by now.....but you don't choose a team. you are born into your team. and you're stuck with them for life. even if you're fans of the teams you mentioned there. can't abandon them.

it's also a man law....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

wrong thread.

it's also a man law....

but the way you described it appears fraudulent to me.
    www.myspace.com
    the fraud stuff makes me think of howard eskin. that's a bad thing. very bad

jeagler, are you howard eskin?
    The Fixer wrote:

eskin? what's that douche have to do with anything?

sports rules. learn 'em. love 'em dude. don't be a fraud.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

doesn't he call everyone 'frauds'?...especially cowboy fans living in philly
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

doesn't he call everyone 'frauds'?...especially cowboy fans living in philly

i think he calls people a lot of things. he blows.

are you a closet eskin listener??

edit--i do know he calls cowboy fans living in philly "cockroaches"---that is the only cool thing he's ever said.
    www.myspace.com
    I despise philly sports radio. I refuse to listen to it. Makes people dumber.
    81 wrote:

:twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

don't be a fraud :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    I despise philly sports radio. I refuse to listen to it. Makes people dumber.

awesome. never heard you say that before.
    www.myspace.com
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

don't be a fraud :mrgreen:

Hey...let 81 pick his own fights. ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Just want to point out.......this thread is titled "Man Laws".....but inside its a bunch of dudes arguing about shoes.

That is exactly what I was thinking!!!

Rule #29 Dudes should not talk about shoes!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    tinkerbell wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Just want to point out.......this thread is titled "Man Laws".....but inside its a bunch of dudes arguing about shoes.

I think there should also be a limit as to how many pair one man owns. I've seen some ridiculous male shoe collections. :shock:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    dcfaithful wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

I think there should also be a limit as to how many pair one man owns. I've seen some ridiculous male shoe collections. :shock:

Agreed! Men should own:
    1 pair of sneakers for running/Gym
    1 pair of casual shoes to wear with jeans
    1 pair of dress shoes
    1 pair of jandals (flip flops) for summer
    and if needed
    1 pair of work boots
    1 pair of footy boots

And that is all!!! Those guys that own more than that are borderline girls! Seriously I only own 8 pairs of shoes.
    all you need is love, love is all you need