Options

Man Laws

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    1 - You can only talk about your fantasy football teams with members of your league. Same goes for NCAA bracket pools. No one cares. Stop trying to tell me about things I could care less about. the minute I get stuck in a conversation where someone brings up their fantasy team I stop paying attention to them and focus on how I'm gonna get out of the conversation.

Well i knew u were good for at least 1 wrong statement :)

Fixer Law : He's never wrong

The only time I was wrong was the time I thought I was wrong

There is nothing worse than hearing someone talk about their fantasy football team. I play fantasy football too, but I know no one cares about my team unless they're in my league. obama needs to intervene and make this a law...it annoys me to no end
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    4 - No white sunglasses, belts, pants, or socks. Not good looks
    I disagree about the white pants...particularly when EV wears them.

no white socks?

what are you supposed to wear with sneakers? gotta go ahead and disagree with that one.

it's impossible to make white socks look cool...you end up looking like beavis

they make black athletic socks now a days. I recommend giving them a shot.

I'm proud to say I do not own one pair of white socks
  • Options

ALSO, another one - the term 'Man Law' is gay. Stop using it. Sorry, buddy. You set em up, I knock em down.

fair enough. the term is played. good work

as for the white pants...well, good luck with that.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    The Fixer wrote:

Damnit...I may now consider switching too. :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    1 - You can only talk about your fantasy football teams with members of your league. Same goes for NCAA bracket pools. No one cares. Stop trying to tell me about things I could care less about. the minute I get stuck in a conversation where someone brings up their fantasy team I stop paying attention to them and focus on how I'm gonna get out of the conversation.

2 - You shouldn't be allowed to bring signs or baseball gloves to sporting events once you're old enough to shave. Once you reach this age you shouldn't ask for autographs either.

3 - No man should EVER drink an alcoholic beverage with a straw. For whatever reason non-alcoholic beverages with straws are acceptable.

4 - No white sunglasses, belts, pants, or socks. Not good looks

what other man laws should be implemented?

nice list, pretty much spot on (except white socks, white socks with sneakers is acceptable)

here are a few of mine.

1) No man shall wear a jersey of a his favorite team with HIS name on it, unless you share the same name with a star player

2) Men don't go to the movies together

3) Men shouldn't play golf with women

1 - great addition

2 - I have no issue with going together, but you have to sit at least one seat apart. sharing an armrest is out of the question

3 - replace the word golf with sports
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    It is acceptable for you to drive her car. It is not acceptable for her to drive yours.

NICE ONE!! The only time my wife drives when we're in the same car is when I'm shitfaced. which probably happens too often, but whatever.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    always stand up when shaking hands
    if splitting the check, split it equally, even if your companions had the $50 lobster dinner and you had eggs.
    white pants? only if invited to a "white party"
    white socks? yes, but only with sneakers and never above the ankles-shorties
    invited guests never arrive empty handed
    if a woman gives you oral sex on the first date-send flowers-the next day
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    always stand up when shaking hands
    if splitting the check, split it equally, even if your companions had the $50 lobster dinner and you had eggs.
    white pants? only if invited to a "white party"
    white socks? yes, but only with sneakers and never above the ankles-shorties
    invited guests never arrive empty handed
    if a woman gives you oral sex on the first date-send flowers-the next day

good shit. though I disagree with your last one. If that happens on the first date, only call her after 2 AM. and definitely don't send flowers
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    The Fixer wrote:

good shit. though I disagree with your last one. If that happens on the first date, only call her after 2 AM. and definitely don't send flowers
    haha
    yeah might have to rethink that or change it to A**L sex :lol:
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814
    The Fixer wrote:

ALSO, another one - the term 'Man Law' is gay. Stop using it. Sorry, buddy. You set em up, I knock em down.

fair enough. the term is played. good work

as for the white pants...well, good luck with that.

I like to make a mockery of some weddings.

Also, the term 'Man Cave' fucking sucks too. It automatically says you have been whipped to a leash by your girl.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    The Fixer wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    no white socks?

what are you supposed to wear with sneakers? gotta go ahead and disagree with that one.

they make black athletic socks now a days. I recommend giving them a shot.

I'm proud to say I do not own one pair of white socks

i'm from the mean streets of wayne, pa. if you show up to our court wearing black socks with white sneakers...you get sent home.
    :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i'm from the mean streets of wayne, pa. if you show up to our court wearing black socks with white sneakers...you get sent home.

white sneakers should be on the list too
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

interesting list.

are you rocking black high tops or something?? lil' velcro in the mix?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

interesting list.

are you rocking black high tops or something?? lil' velcro in the mix?

when I play hoops, I do have black nike high tops. No velcro though. otherwise I just go with grey new balance.

can't tell you the last time I owned a pair of white sneakers or socks. been a longgg time. might have been my high school days
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    wow......

i went thru a black sneaker phase, but have since gone back to white. with white socks. i also wear white t shirts from time to time. maybe even a white polo or button down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,240
    The Fixer wrote:
    when I play hoops, I do have black nike high tops. No velcro though. otherwise I just go with grey new balance.

can't tell you the last time I owned a pair of white sneakers or socks. been a longgg time. might have been my high school days

this explains a lot
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

this explains a lot

I still rock the Reebok pumps when I play ball
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

this explains a lot

I still rock the Reebok pumps when I play ball

I pictured you as a chuck taylor guy. I would have guessed PJhawks would wear anything AI wears, since he loves every philly athlete that's ever played here.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    edited August 2010
    81 wrote:
    i disagree with the two guys going to the movie as well. what's wrong with going with my brother or friend to see a guys movie?

I saw a movie with one of my friends (a guy obv) a week ago. I dont really care/ see why it matters.

edit: and the white socks thing is ridiculous. Since when are guys not allowed to wear white socks? The majority of all socks are white.
    Post edited by 12345AGNST1 on
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:
    i disagree with the two guys going to the movie as well. what's wrong with going with my brother or friend to see a guys movie?

I saw a movie with one of my guy friends a week ago. I dont really care/ see why it matters.

me and boy go to the movies occassionally...I do feel awkward

especially when we share the same soda (2 straws) and popcorn....
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,240
    The Fixer wrote:
    I pictured you as a chuck taylor guy. I would have guessed PJhawks would wear anything AI wears, since he loves every philly athlete that's ever played here.

white Nike's for ball, reebok for normal activities. and AI was awesome in his prime. don't get wrong, one of the biggest ahole's in philly sports history but the man could flat out play. unless you mean that bum and punk Iguodala.

just to clarify here is list of my hated philly athletes off the top of my head:
    1) Scott Rolen
    2) Eric Desjardins and Keith Primeau (for selling out Lindros)
    3) Mitch Williams (for blowing the 93 world series, only 2008 and his work on CSN has redeemed him some of this)
    4) Bobby Abreu
    5) Matt Geiger
    6) any Nova basketball player pre-2004 and post-2007 (other than the Frazier, Foye, Ray, Sumpter class)
    7) Freddie Mitchell
    8) Randall Cunningham
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    wow......

i went thru a black sneaker phase, but have since gone back to white. with white socks. i also wear white t shirts from time to time. maybe even a white polo or button down.

black sneaskers were cool in like 7th grade. i used to rock the black Barkley's when i was 12.

at some point everyone grew out of that phase though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

white Nike's for ball, reebok for normal activities. and AI was awesome in his prime. don't get wrong, one of the biggest ahole's in philly sports history but the man could flat out play. unless you mean that bum and punk Iguodala.

just to clarify here is list of my hated philly athletes off the top of my head:
    1) Scott Rolen
    2) Eric Desjardins and Keith Primeau (for selling out Lindros)
    3) Mitch Williams (for blowing the 93 world series, only 2008 and his work on CSN has redeemed him some of this)
    4) Bobby Abreu
    5) Matt Geiger
    6) any Nova basketball player pre-2004 and post-2007 (other than the Frazier, Foye, Ray, Sumpter class)
    7) Freddie Mitchell
    8) Randall Cunningham

GO NOVA.
    :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Question...Is flavored coffee creamer off limits?..cause I'm wearing white socks and drinking hazelnut coffee at this very moment.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    jshin wrote:
    Question...Is flavored coffee creamer off limits?..cause I'm wearing white socks and drinking hazelnut coffee at this very moment.

black coffee--maybe lil bit of suger for this guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    jshin wrote:

Yes. Sugar and maybe some regular cream. Or milk. No vanilla or hazelnut or whatever.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Flagg wrote:
    jshin wrote:

Yes. Sugar and maybe some regular cream. Or milk. No vanilla or hazelnut or whatever.

i just dont understand flavoured coffees and teas.

im very specific and always ask whether the green tea is straight with no added crapola. they always say yes and on more than one occasion theyve lied. i now wonder how difficult a question is is the tea flavoured, is there anything in it?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    81 wrote:
    wow......

black sneaskers were cool in like 7th grade. i used to rock the black Barkley's when i was 12.

at some point everyone grew out of that phase though...
    Nope, White shoes get dirty when you live in the wet part of the country. Black shoes it is!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814
    Seriously. Who wears white shoes? Yuck.

My Jazz Lo-Pro Saucony's are the shit.
  • Options
    Seriously. Who wears white shoes? Yuck.

My Jazz Lo-Pro Saucony's are the shit.

sneakers dude. talking 'bout sneakers. you work out in those things?

these are the shit:
    http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/ni ... n?hf=10002^12001&t=Men%27s%20Running%20Shoes#/?ll=en_US&ct=US&pid=204354&cid=102201&pgid=&p=PDP
    chinese-happy.jpg