Man Laws

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Seriously. Who wears white shoes? Yuck.

My Jazz Lo-Pro Saucony's are the shit.

sneakers dude. talking 'bout sneakers. you work out in those things?

these are the shit:
    http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/ni ... n?hf=10002^12001&t=Men%27s%20Running%20Shoes#/?ll=en_US&ct=US&pid=204354&cid=102201&pgid=&p=PDP

Yeah, I run and ride in them. Anything else would be NB crosstrainers. Nike can suck it. My categories of shoes fall into two different spots - those that can be worn with a pair of jeans or some kind of short that requires a belt, and those with holes in said shoe.

OH. There's another rule - Dudes should always have a belt on, of course excluding any time where physical exertion is applied. There's no excuse for not wearing a belt. DUDES WEAR BELTS.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I don't do white sneakers, white shoes, or white socks. grey sneaks for me when I'm hitting the gym...black sneaks for hoops, black cleats for the softball/football leagues I play in.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Seriously. Who wears white shoes? Yuck.

My Jazz Lo-Pro Saucony's are the shit.

sneakers dude. talking 'bout sneakers. you work out in those things?

these are the shit:
    http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/ni ... n?hf=10002^12001&t=Men%27s%20Running%20Shoes#/?ll=en_US&ct=US&pid=204354&cid=102201&pgid=&p=PDP

Yeah, I run and ride in them. Anything else would be NB crosstrainers. Nike can suck it. My categories of shoes fall into two different spots - those that can be worn with a pair of jeans or some kind of short that requires a belt, and those with holes in said shoe.

OH. There's another rule - Dudes should always have a belt on, of course excluding any time where physical exertion is applied. There's no excuse for not wearing a belt. DUDES WEAR BELTS.

nah. i only wear those kinds of sneakers when i'm working out. i have sketchers and other brown shoes i wear with jeans and stuff. keep shit you work out in separate from shit you wear out. that's a rule.

and nike....nice and wide, perfect for my feet. those are the most comfortable sneaks i've ever worn. love them.
    www.myspace.com
    nah. i only wear those kinds of sneakers when i'm working out. i have sketchers and other brown shoes i wear with jeans and stuff. keep shit you work out in separate from shit you wear out. that's a rule.

and nike....nice and wide, perfect for my feet. those are the most comfortable sneaks i've ever worn. love them.

Nike's are wide? Since when? They're the most slim shoe out there. I should know. I've got wide feet, and every time I ever bought NeeKay's I had to buy a size or two bigger than I usually where.

RULE - Dudes shouldn't wear Sketchers. Sorry.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't do white sneakers, white shoes, or white socks. grey sneaks for me when I'm hitting the gym...black sneaks for hoops, black cleats for the softball/football leagues I play in.

yeah, gray's fine. mine are gray, white, blue and black. not a whole lot of difference. you made it seem like you wear black hightops to work out or something. which would be just as dorky as sporting black socks :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, gray's fine. mine are gray, white, blue and black. not a whole lot of difference. you made it seem like you wear black hightops to work out or something. which would be just as dorky as sporting black socks :lol:

yeah, black high tops with my zubaz for workouts.

I only wear black socks with sandals and shorts

Nike's are wide? Since when? They're the most slim shoe out there. I should know. I've got wide feet, and every time I ever bought NeeKay's I had to buy a size or two bigger than I usually where.

since now, apparently. i purposely bought those because of the wide fit dude. my feet are tough to find something that fits right. these are money.

dudes shouldn't wear those saucony's to work out in. rule. sorry. doesn't look right.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i'll assume you're kidding about the sandals and shorts
    www.myspace.com

i'll assume you're kidding about the sandals and shorts[/quote]

yes, kidding about both

another rule is no dude should EVER wear wristbands or headbands

since now, apparently. i purposely bought those because of the wide fit dude. my feet are tough to find something that fits right. these are money.

dudes shouldn't wear those saucony's to work out in. rule. sorry. doesn't look right.

Sauc's stay on my feet if in a pinch. They are probably the cleanest I've ever kept a sneaker in my life.
    The Fixer wrote:

yes, kidding about both

another rule is no dude should EVER wear wristbands or headbands[/quote]

totally against this. i rock a wristband every time i'm at the gym. sometimes two. used to go with the red/white and blue like mr vedder back in the day.

and i've given the headband some thought just to further be that guy. i saw herremans wearing one the other day on tv. looked pretty goofy. i like it.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

another rule is no dude should EVER wear wristbands or headbands

totally against this. i rock a wristband every time i'm at the gym. sometimes two. used to go with the red/white and blue like mr vedder back in the day.

and i've given the headband some thought just to further be that guy. i saw herremans wearing one the other day on tv. looked pretty goofy. i like it.[/quote]

this is disappointing. I never understood dudes that wear gloves in the gym either. kalases are a good thing

I have always said that the gym would be a perfect setting for a TV show. the douche to normal guy ratio is off the charts
  • nah. i only wear those kinds of sneakers when i'm working out. i have sketchers and other brown shoes i wear with jeans and stuff. keep shit you work out in separate from shit you wear out. that's a rule.

Adidas are the skinniest. More so than Nike's
    NERDS!
    i agree on the gloves.

i just always wore wrist bands playing baseball way back when....i feel weird working out or something without them.
    www.myspace.com

Adidas are the skinniest. More so than Nike's

Hmmmm....looks like I'm getting my where's and wear's mixed up.

Don't think I ever owned a pair of Adidas.

RULE - No dude should pay more than 60 dollars for a pair of shoes of any kind. Unless they further your employment.
    i agree on the gloves.

i just always wore wrist bands playing baseball way back when....i feel weird working out or something without them.

just use a towel. wristbands are for sweaty NBA guys and college frat douchebags
    The Fixer wrote:
    i agree on the gloves.

just use a towel. wristbands are for sweaty NBA guys and college frat douchebags

i use a towel too. i rarely even use the wrist band--its just there. and i am neither in the nba or a frat. i'm just a lot cooler than you.
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    i agree on the gloves.

i use a towel too. i rarely even use the wrist band--its just there. and i am neither in the nba or a frat. i'm just a lot cooler than you.

my theory is when at the gym, less is more. shorts, tshirt, sneakers. that's all you need. anything more and you're bordering on being 'that guy'.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

my theory is when at the gym, less is more. shorts, tshirt, sneakers. that's all you need. anything more and you're bordering on being 'that guy'.

gotta disagree.

def need my ipod also. i don't see how you can workout to the awful music they play at la fitness
    www.myspace.com

def need my ipod also. i don't see how you can workout to the awful music they play at la fitness

absolutely. I can't workout without mine either. it's more so I don't have to talk to the d-bags at LA Fitness than it is the shit music...but, we're on the same page there
    The Fixer wrote:

absolutely. I can't workout without mine either. it's more so I don't have to talk to the d-bags at LA Fitness than it is the shit music...but, we're on the same page there

why would you talk d bags in the first place?

only people i ever talk to are the few friends i know who go the one i go to...which is rare.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

only people i ever talk to are the few friends i know who go the one i go to...which is rare.

Can't stand people who make noises when they work out either. That shit's the worst.
    The Fixer wrote:

Can't stand people who make noises when they work out either. That shit's the worst.

awful.
    www.myspace.com

or slam weights around like jerkoffs

jeags, I never initiate conversation in the gym other than to ask someone how many sets they have left or ask for a spot. some people just like to talk. I don't. I'm there to get my work in and get outta there
  • The Fixer wrote:

jeags, I never initiate conversation in the gym other than to ask someone how many sets they have left or ask for a spot. some people just like to talk. I don't. I'm there to get my work in and get outta there
    And never use the locker rooms. Change at home. You don't want to deal with talkative old naked guy asking if you want to hit the sauna :shock:
    NERDS!
    The Fixer wrote:

And never use the locker rooms. Change at home. You don't want to deal with talkative old naked guy asking if you want to hit the sauna :shock:

As weird as this will sound, and it surely will, I'm a fan of the sauna. I think it's from my days of rowing in high school and college. Had no choice but to shower and change where I was - so I'm used to the weird scene.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870

RULE - No dude should pay more than 60 dollars for a pair of shoes of any kind. Unless they further your employment.

What if they further your chance of getting some? We already have a handycap by being members of a fanclub. Why make it worse?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    The Fixer wrote:

As weird as this will sound, and it surely will, I'm a fan of the sauna. I think it's from my days of rowing in high school and college. Had no choice but to shower and change where I was - so I'm used to the weird scene.

i like the sauna too.

i usually only use the locker room to lock up my keys or store my sweats and jackets and stuff.

also--i use the pool from time to time so you gotta toss the bag in there. never shower in there though.
    www.myspace.com

What if they further your chance of getting some? We already have a handycap by being members of a fanclub. Why make it worse?

Hey, it's not like it's tattooed to my forehead or anything. And I've come to find out that my self-deprecation is charming to the females(my PJ nerdom is laid out on the table anytime music comes up around new people). Actually, I just don't give a shit enough to care what they think. So it works out for all involved.

And, no, spending money on shoes went by the wayside of Jordan's and 8th grade.
  • Phrases that may NOT be uttered to another man While lifting weights: a) Yeah, Ba-by, Push it! b) C'mon, give me one more! Harder! c) Another set and we can hit the showers!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers