* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    read they have interest in babin. some decent ends on the market. gonna be interesting...

i'd be cool with that. good bookend to go with Peppers. They need anouther solid DE to up the pressure on the QB and take pressure off the secondary.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bungles. :lol: you have a tradable commodity that you would rather let waste away at home vs get ANYTHING for. stupid
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    Bungles. :lol: you have a tradable commodity that you would rather let waste away at home vs get ANYTHING for. stupid

almost as funny as the vikes signing mcnabb
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

Cinn is much worse imo. 5 will be a bridge,Brown is hurting his team over pride. If i was a Cinn fan i'd be pissed.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

Cinn is much worse imo. 5 will be a bridge,Brown is hurting his team over pride. If i was a Cinn fan i'd be pissed.

exactly. McNabb is going to bring back a low draft pick which is > than the nothing that Cincy is going to get for Palmer. It's stupid from a football persepective to let an asset rot.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    this waiting period for free agent signings is driving me mad
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

exactly. McNabb is going to bring back a low draft pick which is > than the nothing that Cincy is going to get for Palmer. It's stupid from a football persepective to let an asset rot.

I hear you guys but it is kinda refreshing to have someone stand up to a player/coach and not let them dictate where they are going to play. Palmer singed a contract and the owner is forcing him to honor it or not get paid. Brown is a moron, but I give him props for this. In sports today people have too much freedom to come and go as they please...regardless of their contractual situation
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    81 wrote:
    thats what happens when your owner is GM. Been fucking this team over for decades.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    thats what happens when your owner is GM. Been fucking this team over for decades.

one of the all time worst run franchises in sports.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

I love it, every year it just makes the Steelers job easier. 2-14 for the Bengals again it looks like.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    mickeyrat wrote:

I love it, every year it just makes the Steelers job easier. 2-14 for the Bengals again it looks like.

this year more than ever it will be steelers and ravens' division. new qb's and new coaches in cinci and cleveland.

looks like ike taylor's staying in pittsburgh eh?
    www.myspace.com
    this year more than ever it will be steelers and ravens' division. new qb's and new coaches in cinci and cleveland.

looks like ike taylor's staying in pittsburgh eh?

Thankfully yes. He is good, but not near as good as they were making him out to be. And by far the best CB on the Steelers roster.
    mickeyrat wrote:

Being able to reasonably chalk up 4 wins is getting kind of FUCKING OLD!!!!! Makes the division look bad IMO. Would rather we have to earn that shit. Thankfully the real browns/ravens have given us a rivalry worth watching.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

Being able to reasonably chalk up 4 wins is getting kind of FUCKING OLD!!!!! Makes the division look bad IMO. Would rather we have to earn that shit. Thankfully the real browns/ravens have given us a rivalry worth watching.

steelers/ravens, week 1 right?

god i can't wait
    www.myspace.com
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    The Fixer wrote:
    I hear you guys but it is kinda refreshing to have someone stand up to a player/coach and not let them dictate where they are going to play. Palmer singed a contract and the owner is forcing him to honor it or not get paid. Brown is a moron, but I give him props for this. In sports today people have too much freedom to come and go as they please...regardless of their contractual situation

I get that but how many owners cut players long before thier contracts are up? It goes both ways neither side is clean.

Personally the Bengals got a good rookie qb coming in and are foolish to not get something out of Palmer.
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I get that but how many owners cut players long before thier contracts are up? It goes both ways neither side is clean.

Happens all the time. Non-guaranteed contracts is one of the best things about the NFL. Guys have to earn their paychecks. They allow guaranteed contracts and the NFL turns into the NBA where expiring contracts become commodities. That model is garbage IMO.

I do see what you're saying about getting something for palmer, but brown is being a hard ass. I'd hate it if I was a bengals fan, but as a sports fan I think it's kinda cool
    what the bengals are doing is just idiotic in my opinion.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Happens all the time. Non-guaranteed contracts is one of the best things about the NFL. Guys have to earn their paychecks. They allow guaranteed contracts and the NFL turns into the NBA where expiring contracts become commodities. That model is garbage IMO.

I do see what you're saying about getting something for palmer, but brown is being a hard ass. I'd hate it if I was a bengals fan, but as a sports fan I think it's kinda cool

Normally I would agree, but I have read in the past that Brown is a disaster of an owner and pust no money in his team. He should just trade Palmer and get some picks to help them out.

I have a feeling that Haynesworth will have a monster year for the Pats. Like Dillon and Moss before him.
    as for Palmer....

would you keep an employee that didn't what to be with your company? no you would fire them today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    bill belichick is one crafty motherfucker.
    www.myspace.com
    cheaters usually are.

mickeyrat wrote:
    cheaters usually are.

i'd hire him as my coach in a nano second
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

i think you mean crazy motherfucker

haynesworth and ochoasshat!! :lol::lol::lol:
    norm wrote:

i think you mean crazy motherfucker

haynesworth and ochoasshat!! :lol::lol::lol:

wow :o ....i love how he's not afraid of thinking outside the box like this though.
    www.myspace.com
    vince young and his uncle rico throwing mechanics to philly.

interesting offseason for the birds
    mike shanahan...continuing to prove that he's the most overrated coach in NFL history.

this story is GOLD

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sman-beck/
    attention teams of the national football league:

BRING IT.
    www.myspace.com
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... v-package/

love this idea. thursday night football all season long.
    www.myspace.com
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    The Fixer wrote:
    mike shanahan...continuing to prove that he's the most overrated coach in NFL history.

this story is GOLD

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sman-beck/

Can someone please explain to me why Grossman keeps getting these chances?!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
This discussion has been closed.