* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    The Fixer wrote:
    I already hate these kickoffs being moved up five yards.

Nice work goodell. it's not like kickoff returns were exciting or anything :roll:

Yeah, it's a pretty brutal move. Such an advantage to the kicking team...plus that means I won't get to watch Hester return as many kicks...
  • Okay why are they calling it Monday Night Football? I thought it was Thursday today?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    awesome to see the LA Chargers :lol:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    norm wrote:

haha

is hbo doing hard knocks this year? that's the best part about preseason football
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:

haha

is hbo doing hard knocks this year? that's the best part about preseason football

nope...couldn't get it together with the lockout
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    norm wrote:

haha

nope...couldn't get it together with the lockout

they couldn't find a team that was interested. would have been cool to see some the going on's during free agency
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    I already hate these kickoffs being moved up five yards.

Nice work goodell. it's not like kickoff returns were exciting or anything :roll:

completly agree. before long they will ban punt returns
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    San Diego's RB (mathews) blows.

seattle in general blows.

and now we wait for the az/oak game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    norm wrote:

heard they may even announce it after the season?

i'd rather the raiders only because they've been there before and play in a shitty stadium...or jacksonville because that city has never embraced them.
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    someone wanna tell hoody it's only preseason. dear fucking god. also mallett will be good up in the fox. he'll probably win a few super bowls. pats got a steal in him.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

norm wrote:

i'd rather the raiders only because they've been there before and play in a shitty stadium...or jacksonville because that city has never embraced them.

although there is still a large raider fan base here, no more raiders...unless that means they'll stop going to dodgers games

i agree on jax...i'd rather a team that hasn't been in it's city for very long over teams like sd or buffalo
    metsfan wrote:
    pats got a steal in him.

i agree.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

although there is still a large raider fan base here, no more raiders...unless that means they'll stop going to dodgers games

i agree on jax...i'd rather a team that hasn't been in it's city for very long over teams like sd or buffalo

MN denied they are moving, so i expect to see the LA Vikings. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    if you look at attendance, oakland is the logical choice. over the last three years, the have been at the bottom of the attendance chart.

jacksonville when they have had a decent to good team have done well.

it's just a shame the Raiders would have to leave such a nice stadium behind. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    if you look at attendance, oakland is the logical choice. over the last three years, the have been at the bottom of the attendance chart.

it's just a shame the Raiders would have to leave such a nice stadium behind. :?

i'm pretty sure AEG wants nothing to do with al crazy...in fact i'm pretty sure the nfl doesn't either :lol:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

i'm pretty sure AEG wants nothing to do with al crazy...in fact i'm pretty sure the nfl doesn't either :lol:

this is true. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    GO LIONS!!! Kings of the pre-season! :)
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    MFCarissa wrote:

the lions have been my pity team for a while. they were decent last year.

people say this every year, but this is gonna be the year they break out :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    MFCarissa wrote:

the lions have been my pity team for a while. they were decent last year.

people say this every year, but this is gonna be the year they break out :mrgreen:

over/under on stafford games started

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • a few comments;
    1. I agree, I think the pats got a steal with mallot...he's gonna be a good qb in a few years, especially learning the ropes from Brady
    2. While it would break my heart to see the Jags leave town, I will admit we are fair-weather fan base. But I dont go to the games so I'm part to blame. I'm not a fan of Del Rio...get a decent coach in here and I think our franchise will finally start being competitive.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

when GSH is your founder, you do as you please :lol:

if you watch teh replay of the game, the annoucers are like "it's the kicking teams option" on where to kick from

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

if you watch teh replay of the game, the annoucers are like "it's the kicking teams option" on where to kick from

I don't know where they get the preseason announcers. I was in baltimore watching the ravens/eagles game. IN the first half the ravens play by play guy said the following...

1 - he called jaiquawn jarrett marlin jackson (who wasn't even playing)

2 - when a punt when into the end zone he said the ball geos into the end zone for a touchdown (ordinarily I would say it was just a mistake, but I really don't think this guy knew the rules)

3 - during a penalty he said it looked like illegal face to the hands. :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I don't know where they get the preseason announcers. I was in baltimore watching the ravens/eagles game. IN the first half the ravens play by play guy said the following...

1 - he called jaiquawn jarrett marlin jackson (who wasn't even playing)

2 - when a punt when into the end zone he said the ball geos into the end zone for a touchdown (ordinarily I would say it was just a mistake, but I really don't think this guy knew the rules)

3 - during a penalty he said it looked like illegal face to the hands. :lol:

we do ok on the preseason guys. we have Sam Rosen on play by play and Eric Kramer as the color guy, although i think it was Sam that said the kicking team gets the option. Outside of that, he was fine.

Drives me nuts when you get a bad pair that butcher names/calls/rules and then never even appologize when it's clear how bad they fucked up. It's the worst when somebody like Al Michaels does it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I don't even know who the announcers are for Giants pre-season games.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    I don't even know who the announcers are for Giants pre-season games.

birds have brian baldinger as the analyst. i've always thought he does a great job....don tollephson as the play by play guy is a completely different story
    www.myspace.com
    Pryor eligible for supplemental draft, suspended first 5 games of the season.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Pryor eligible for supplemental draft, suspended first 5 games of the season.

no practice or play for the first 5 weeks. as if his rookie season wasn't already shot.... :lol:

i pray the Bears stay away from this douche.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    looks like we are getting the eagles/steelers game tonight on fox. good game to scout.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
This discussion has been closed.