* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    I also hope the lockout ends this weekend. Fall won't be the same without me getting pissed off at the Cowboys.

:lol:
    :lol: Also the Cowboys. But as a Giants fan, you get used to them pissing you off with the stupid stuff they do and somehow find ways to lose.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    you fellas should invest in the redzone. if you have that, you won't have to deal with a single commercial on sunday afternoon's. :mrgreen:

night games are a different story. but redzone is a phenomenal channel.

I find my self watching the Red Zone more than the games

I flip back I missed a quarter of the Iggles game

:oops:

that is the danger of that channel. flip over on a commercial break, suddenly 20 minutes have passed. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    owners have approved the cba
    these players are idiots.

according to everything i've seen, it's a fair deal for both sides.

suck it up, reformulate your union, and sign the fucking thing already. :x
    www.myspace.com
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895

I agree, And I'm not sure how the owners had a rough copy of the deal, but the players did not.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

I agree, And I'm not sure how the owners had a rough copy of the deal, but the players did not.

i heard a lot of the team reps went home on wednesday for some reason :?

d smith needs to do a better job of communicating things to these guys...
    www.myspace.com
    That cop needs to tell his players to suck it up and agree with it.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wait...what? it's not done? but i got an email from the bengals telling me it was approved and the season was here...what happened?

silly bungles
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    the real loser in all this...the hall of fame game...i don't think i can watch the nfl without it :(
    norm wrote:
    the real loser in all this...the hall of fame game...i don't think i can watch the nfl without it :(

love seeing the 6th stringers in the second qtr.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

fucking vincent jackson: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... abor-deal/
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

fucking vincent jackson: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... abor-deal/

why does he want $10 mil?

oh and who the hell is he? never heard of him (of course i don't follow the nfl closely) :D
    norm wrote:
    why does he want $10 mil?

oh and who the hell is he? never heard of him (of course i don't follow the nfl closely) :D

because of the odd rules last year, he was "forced" to take less money than he wanted, and now he wants to make it up. I think....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    And I'm not sure how the owners had a rough copy of the deal, but the players did not.
    cause the owners were the ones who made up the 200 page cba document

this whole thing is bs anyways. if both sides weren't such greedy bastards we'd have football by now. i blame both sides.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    gotta love roger goodell annoucing the league start up before the players see CBA...or have a chance to vote on it.

what a douche :thumbdown: . how is he in charge of the most successful sports league in the world? seriously, how? Isiah thomas did a better job running the CBA
    The Fixer wrote:
    gotta love roger goodell annoucing the league start up before the players see CBA...or have a chance to vote on it.

what a douche :thumbdown: . how is he in charge of the most successful sports league in the world? seriously, how? Isiah thomas did a better job running the CBA

that's not what he announced...and when did isiah thomas ever run a "cba?" how can one "run" a cba anyway?

this post couldn't possibly make less sense. :lol: :thumbup: :clap:

edit--just saw your hammered thread. i guess it makes a little sense now. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    The Fixer wrote:

that's not what he announced...and when did isiah thomas ever run a "cba?" how can one "run" a cba anyway?

Contentintal Basketball Association I believe. Didn't he run that into the ground in the late 90's?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Contentintal Basketball Association I believe. Didn't he run that into the ground in the late 90's?

haha...i thought he was talking about the collective bargaining agreement.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    haha...i thought he was talking about the collective bargaining agreement.

Ha, yeah, it would be a little difficult to run that type of CBA.
    ...looks like the players will vote to ratify the cba tomorrow. finally. free agency to start next weekend.

edit---the vote appears to be a formality. the lockout's over. go time! :clap::clap:

Sources: Deal to end lockout reached
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/67972 ... ources-say
    www.myspace.com
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    It's about damn time. Free agency should be fun to watch this weekend.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    more boring winter sundays to look forward to ...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

the NY Rangers thread is over :arrow:

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

sundays in the winter just plain suck regardless
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    81 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Sundays during football season are the best days ever :-) thank goodness this mess is over with.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln

I'm pretty sure that Sundays during football season are the best days ever :-) thank goodness this mess is over with.

no way jose....dark cold and miserable
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Giddy-up!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011