* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Now this should be one of the most Free Agency periods in the history of the NFL possibly any league.

Not for my team though they will sit on thier ass and not sign anyone
    My butt itches!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    more boring winter sundays to look forward to ...

the NY Rangers thread is over :arrow:

:P

sundays in the winter just plain suck regardless

at least it won't be a billion degrees. this heat and humidity is what I imagine the weather being like in hell. can't wait for fall
    The Fixer wrote:
    gotta love roger goodell annoucing the league start up before the players see CBA...or have a chance to vote on it.

what a douche :thumbdown: . how is he in charge of the most successful sports league in the world? seriously, how? Isiah thomas did a better job running the CBA

that's not what he announced...and when did isiah thomas ever run a "cba?" how can one "run" a cba anyway?

this post couldn't possibly make less sense. :lol: :thumbup: :clap:

edit--just saw your hammered thread. i guess it makes a little sense now. :lol:

the award for worst post of the year goes to the juggler. congrats :clap:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    local radio said we might be 10 minutes away from some real news
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    local radio said we might be 10 minutes away from some real news

lots of conflicting reports regarding the time line.

some are saying teams can talk to and sign their own free agents beginning this afternoon.

god bless america. :clap: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    by the way, nobody should be surprised by this. i've been saying all along they'd reach an agreement around this time before the serious threat of both sides losing money was about to be reached.

the game is at it's peak in terms of popularity. they've seen what work stoppages did to other sports like baseball. it would be suicide to miss regular season games. kudos to goodell and smith for finally hammering this one home. by all accounts its a pretty fair deal for both sides.

the best part---we don't have to hear about this kind of nonsense for 10 more years. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    the best part---we don't have to hear about this kind of nonsense for 10 more years. :thumbup:

hopefully in 10 years the NFL is still allowing contact. I'm guessing they will have gone to flags by then
    The Fixer wrote:

hopefully in 10 years the NFL is still allowing contact. I'm guessing they will have gone to flags by then

as the long as the eagles figured out a way to have won a super bowl by then, i wouldn't give a shit! :lol:

go birds :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    "81 wrote:

at least it won't be a billion degrees. this heat and humidity is what I imagine the weather being like in hell. can't wait for fall
    [/quote][/quote]

what one hates..others (myself) love

i spent 8 hours on friday and 7 hours sat on the beach ..105 degrees ..no umbrella....LOVE IT

HOPEFULLY this thurs and friday we can repeat it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:
    "81 wrote:

[/quote]

i spent 8 hours on friday and 7 hours sat on the beach ..105 degrees ..no umbrella....LOVE IT

HOPEFULLY this thurs and friday we can repeat it[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

I was at the shore from thursday - sunday. total time spent on the beach = 30 minutes while walking my dog. the rest was in the AC.

supposed to be 95 again by friday. hit the fast forward button to labor day
    The Fixer wrote:
    "81 wrote:

[/quote]

HOPEFULLY this thurs and friday we can repeat it[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

people need to move if they can't take this heat or if they can't handle blizzards and shit. i love how we have all 4 seasons in this part of the country. i'm not fond of the extremes, but they don't last long. the fall is not too far off my friend ;)
    www.myspace.com
    Top Ten things that were taken off the table (at least from what we've manufactured) before an agreement could be reached:

10. Artur Boruc's Friday Rage List must be read by every NFL Network weekend anchor, in full caps-lock roar. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

9. Phil Simms has to start calling him "Asante SAMUEL" (No 'S' at the end; this rule also applies to Colts linebacker Clint Session(notes)).

8. Dan Snyder has to blow $5 million of his 2011 cap on Captain America Slurpees for everyone.

7. Whenever Joe Buck's heart rate falls below 12 beats per minute, the taser goes off.

6. Worst team in each conference each year is relegated to the SEC. Bye-bye, Carolina Panthers. Meanwhile, Auburn should enjoy the compliance-free nature of the NFC South.

5. Football fields will be called "pitches", and "zero" will be "nil" in line with new soccerista guidelines (Seattle only).

4. Alternate Super Bowls played on Pluto until Pluto is recertified as a planet.

3. Any team that falls below cash-to-cap guidelines will have Matt Millen calling all their games and Vinny Cerrato in charge of their personnel.

2. Female tennis players no longer allowed to grunt on court.

1. If Brett Favre comes back, the deal is off!
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    The Fixer wrote:

QB's will be two hand touch within the next 5
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    This week is gonna be great :D:D:D

You know the Phillies won't let the Eagles outshine them........BJ Upton or Hunter Pence please,,,,,
    Go Birds!!!!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I was at the shore from thursday - sunday. total time spent on the beach = 30 minutes while walking my dog. the rest was in the AC.

supposed to be 95 again by friday. hit the fast forward button to labor day[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

while im in no rush to get to labor day (summer is over) that weekend starts my 2 weeks off for the surf tournament..so it won't be all that bad ...no need to rush back into the brutal winter
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    show me the snow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

You know the Phillies won't let the Eagles outshine them........BJ Upton or Hunter Pence please,,,,,

it has nothing to do with outshining. it's just that everything will happen around the same time. what a fucking week it's gonna be around here
    www.myspace.com
    people need to move if they can't take this heat or if they can't handle blizzards and shit. i love how we have all 4 seasons in this part of the country. i'm not fond of the extremes, but they don't last long. the fall is not too far off my friend ;)

It's only bad here for 2 months out of the year (recently it's been unbearable). I don't know how people live in florida, texas, or arizona (I tried florida and lasted a year...fuck that).

Fall is the best season IMO...
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

it has nothing to do with outshining. it's just that everything will happen around the same time. what a fucking week it's gonna be around here
    As Bart Scott says............... CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!

I never understood the phillies vs eagles crap. makes zero sense to me
    The Fixer wrote:

It's only bad here for 2 months out of the year (recently it's been unbearable). I don't know how people live in florida, texas, or arizona (I tried florida and lasted a year...fuck that).

agreed. spring and fall are the best.
    www.myspace.com
    love me some september
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :yawn:

let me know when it's january :P
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The Fixer wrote:
    :thumbup: Agreed.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    The Fixer wrote:

Lots of A/C.

Today will be the 25th day in a row in Dallas of temps above 100 degrees. And we have 100+ in the forecast every day for the next two weeks.

That's one huge reason why I look forward to football season so much.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    PACKERS WILL REPEAT!!!! :mrgreen:
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Don't have the patience to resize the image to fit on the PJ board, but this cracked me the hell up ...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/ ... HkLpjWU%3D

Oh Robert Kraft, do you not realize hugging a Colt will create such a stir in Boston?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Don't have the patience to resize the image to fit on the PJ board, but this cracked me the hell up ...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/ ... HkLpjWU%3D

Oh Robert Kraft, do you not realize hugging a Colt will create such a stir in Boston?

the link didn't work. i'm assuming it was saturday hugging kraft though?

funny picture, but a nice moment none the less.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

gonna be a wild week

Monday, 6 p.m. ET: Official free-agent list published.

Tuesday, 10 a.m. ET: Trading begins. Teams can sign rookies and undrafted free agents. Teams can negotiate, but not sign, veteran free agents.

Thursday, 4:01 p.m. ET: Team can begin to cut players.

Friday, 6 p.m. ET: Teams can officially sign free agents.Players who sign must report to new teams but can't participate in physical activities until start of league year Aug. 4.

Aug. 4, 4:01 p.m. ET: Clubs must be within salary cap.
This discussion has been closed.