* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The 81 wrote:
    and they on the 5 yard line, going in.....handoff to Jerome Bettis....oh no, he fumbles....big ben falls on the ball...whew

PUNCH IT IN GOD DAMN IT!!! :x :x :x :x

...i asked you in the cowboys thread, but you probably didn't see it....how would you like ocho cinco on your squad this year?

that would not excite me.

i'd much rather have stud offensive lineman or two or three. bears have players that can catch the ball.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    should be any day now.... :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    maybe today?

Report: Global settlement is possible today
    Posted by Mike Florio on July 15, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
    Well, it’s time to put the pink champagne on ice.

With all economic issues now resolved and questions far less thorny or crucial remaining, it remains a matter of time before a labor deal is done.

That time could come today.

Liz Mullen of SportsBusiness Journal reports that she’s hearing a global settlement could be reached on Friday.

She’s not saying it will happen. She’s saying it’s possible. And it suggests that neither side has capitalized on the sense of inevitability by digging in on the remaining issues and hoping that the other side will cave.
    www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Let's get on with it! The Dallas Cowboys Facebook news feed has been nothing but pics of cheerleaders over the last few weeks. Oh, wait . . .
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    everything i've been reading is positive. they are smart enough to know that it's not worth losing billions of dollar....

sadly, i see the nba losing a season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i actually wouldn't mind if it lasts an extra few weeks so i wouldn't have to pay for 2 preseason games :lol:

almost there gentlemen. almost there...
    www.myspace.com
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    RIP Myra Kraft

Thoughts and prayers are with Robert and son Jonathan and the entire Patriots family.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    The Fixer wrote:

shouldn't slow it down. most are pretty clear cut. your team might see one of these replays every three or four weeks. and they still might get it wrong. hello Calvin Johnson
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

shouldn't slow it down. most are pretty clear cut. your team might see one of these replays every three or four weeks. and they still might get it wrong. hello Calvin Johnson

if anything needs to be right, it's definitely scoring plays. nfl loves having each game fit into a nice 3 hour window for tv anyway. i don't see this prolonging games much...if they use it the right way.
    www.myspace.com
    yup....

it'd be great if they could cut 20% of the commercials, but that will never happen, not with what the networks are paying to carry games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    yup....

it'd be great if they could cut 20% of the commercials, but that will never happen, not with what the networks are paying to carry games.

agreed. it's annoying...at the same time, if any other sport could do the same thing, they most certainly would.

'tis the world we live in my friend. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    yup....

Commercials are the worst part watching it. The only time there should be commercials are time outs and half time. Not after every kick off. I hate watching a game at the end, when it's an overload on commercials.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    yup....

Commercials are the worst part watching it. The only time there should be commercials are time outs and half time. Not after every kick off. I hate watching a game at the end, when it's an overload on commercials.

roughly 60 minutes worth of commercials in each game.

i don't know why i bother watching sometimes. it's almost like the WWE now with all the promotion and money making.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    yup....

roughly 60 minutes worth of commercials in each game.

i don't know why i bother watching sometimes. it's almost like the WWE now with all the promotion and money making.
    I've started to fall asleep during the games because of the commercials. That's how bad it is.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    you fellas should invest in the redzone. if you have that, you won't have to deal with a single commercial on sunday afternoon's. :mrgreen:

night games are a different story. but redzone is a phenomenal channel.
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com

that thing is ugly looking. reminds me a little of soldier field with the wall of luxery.

i hate suites.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    re-inflating the metrodome video:

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/mainheadl ... le=8827130

the way this place was built amazes me.

:lol::lol: Ah that dome's falling apart again!

What's the over/under on how many more years the Vikes are going to last in MN?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

if anything needs to be right, it's definitely scoring plays. nfl loves having each game fit into a nice 3 hour window for tv anyway. i don't see this prolonging games much...if they use it the right way.

I think it's just an opportunity/excuse for them to cram more ads down our throats. they don't have enough commercials during NFL games :roll:

they should get rid of replay. they still get half the calls wrong and it makes games 4 hours anymore. missed calls are part of sports IMO
    i like the current reply rule. two challenges. i do think that even if you get one right, you get a third. get that one right, get a fourth, etc.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    you fellas should invest in the redzone. if you have that, you won't have to deal with a single commercial on sunday afternoon's. :mrgreen:

This is the best channel ever. I hope I'm wrong in thinking it's just a matter of time before they start showing commercials there too. They will give us just enough to get us hooked (which I already am)...then bang, death by commercials.

just remember who's in charge
    81 wrote:
    i like the current reply rule. two challenges. i do think that even if you get one right, you get a third. get that one right, get a fourth, etc.

it's ridiculous you can only challenge certain types of plays (preposterous that you can't challenge a fumble if it's not ruled a fumble on the field. WTF is that??????).

I think the NFL needs to seriously review it's rulebook. The product keeps getting worse

Hopefully this lockout stuff ends this week. Gambling season is right around the corner boys :wave:
    I also hope the lockout ends this weekend. Fall won't be the same without me getting pissed off at the Giants.
    Newch91 wrote:
    I also hope the lockout ends this weekend. Fall won't be the same without me getting pissed off at the Cowboys.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i think it's fine. no need to add any. there's a little bit of strategy involved in making sure you make the right decision. i think if you keep adding ones for being right, that would slow the game down too much

if they don't go nuts with this new rule, it will be fine. it's a good idea...
    www.myspace.com
    no need to fret:

Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com broke it down beautifully on Twitter:

“This is the deal: vote on CBA–no. Vote to settle lawsuit–sorta yes. CBA by end of week–hell yes. So calm your asses down, people.”

:clap:
    www.myspace.com
    edited July 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

This is the best channel ever. I hope I'm wrong in thinking it's just a matter of time before they start showing commercials there too. They will give us just enough to get us hooked (which I already am)...then bang, death by commercials.

just remember who's in charge

ripping the guy who gave you what you describe as "the best channel ever" for thinking he might add commercials at some point? :lol: oh, fixer.

they won't have commercials. they make money on the subscriber fee. it's like 3 bucks a month or something i believe. it's cable's answer to direct tv's sunday ticket. they won't up commercials on there. won't make sense.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

I find my self watching the Red Zone more than the games

I flip back I missed a quarter of the Iggles game

:oops:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
This discussion has been closed.