* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,480
    chris johnson...beast.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Speaking of, this Arizona game needs a little Gus Johnson. There was absolutely no excitment in that huge play.
  • Options
    Some great AFC/NFC matchups today:

Pats-Vikes
    Steelers-Saints
    Jets-Packers
    Raiders-Hawks

I can't believe the Seahawks can move to 5-2 today.

i think the raiders smack them in the face...

consider the seahawks' face smacked...multiple times....violently
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    legarret blount....what a run!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    this is great. cutler is such a douche

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nfl
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    Why do I always think the Steelers will not make the playoffs every year? :P

Still alive in a "YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE" SUICIDE POOL. It was $20 to enter and if you lose a game it's an extra $10 to rejoin. Right now the pool is at $530. First place is $400 and 2nd is $130 so far. Already 11 people have been eliminated. Me and one other guy are still undefeated at 8-0. :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    this is great. cutler is such a douche

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nfl

there are some stretchs there. the Bears O line is putrid. but i agree, stop throwing to hall after the 3rd pick.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Who's got the best record in the league? 6-1 Patriots, of course.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    Moss waived. HA!
  • Options
    Moss waived. HA!

good lord...that organization is a mess. what did they give up for him again? 3rd rounder? belichek's a genious. watch them pick him up :lol:

i'm looking at the vikings as a win for the birds now. 10 wins is now a definite possibility if vick's healthy rest of the way. gonna be interesting.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Moss waived. HA!

Love it. He should go play hoops in turkey with the other loser
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited November 2010
    Moss waived. HA!

link?

edit...it's on espn, first reported by the nfl network.

wow...just wow. give up a 3rd round pick for 4 games. glad i didn't draft him in the first round of my fantasy leagues liek some poeple did
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Moss waived. HA!

good lord...that organization is a mess. what did they give up for him again? 3rd rounder? belichek's a genious. watch them pick him up :lol:

almost as smart as reid dumping mcnabb for a 2nd and 3rd :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The Fixer wrote:
    Moss waived. HA!

Difference is Al's a hall of famer.

And on the McNabb front, I cannot believe these morons on national TV. I'm not that big on Missanelli, but he's right, the national pundits owe the Philly fan base an apology, and that there's never been a fucking sports martyr like ol' Don.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Moss waived. HA!

both are ringless too. :mrgreen:

AI could have been so much more, instead he choose to be a sideshow in turkey. i wonder if he will practice over their.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

both are ringless too. :mrgreen:

AI could have been so much more, instead he choose to be a sideshow in turkey. i wonder if he will practice over their.

Been so much more? Not now. I don't know why people are so hung up on being "disappointed" that he ended up making a different career decision. I still stand by my comment that he'll be dead by 50.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    what did they give up for him again? 3rd rounder? belichek's a genious. watch them pick him up :lol:

The Pats are 3 - 0 since thy got rid of Moss.

Seeing as the Pats would be last in line to get him (really, the Pats have the best record in the NFL?!?), I'm guessing someone else makes the claim on him first ... plus, the Pats picked up Branch.

Indy has lost a few receivers, Dallas Clark for the season ... may they make a run at him and Rondy Moss plays yet again at Foxborough in mid November.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The Fixer wrote:
    Moss waived. HA!

If you're implying Randy Moss is not a hall of famer, you're nuts.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Been so much more? Not now. I don't know why people are so hung up on being "disappointed" that he ended up making a different career decision. I still stand by my comment that he'll be dead by 50.

i agree, not now. but in denver or detroit or even philly last year. he could have been so much more if he would have accepted that he wasn't a starter in the nba anymore. come of the bench, get your 15-20 and enjoy life. instead he choose to be selfish, but that's no suprise. he's been selfish his entire career. it was always about him and not about the team. practice, practice, we're talking about practice?

i've said it a number of times of this forum, MJ loved practice. the true great ones see practice as a chance to hone their skills and make themselves and their teams better.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

your last line made me laugh. moss and AI are one in the same...ultra talented guys that could have won something during their careers if they weren't such selfish, immature ass holes
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

i don't know how you put Randy Moss in the hof, if Chris Carter isn't in it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    How much money would a team have to pick up on the remaining portion of Moss' contract? Could a team like the Bills or Browns pick him up for short money to sell tickets essentially? I don't see him making it to the Colts.

Philly people: get over AI. To quote Jeagler, "Your team. Your 76ers. Are relevant again."
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

i don't know how you put Randy Moss in the hof, if Chris Carter isn't in it.
    Moss is a hall of famer. End of story.
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

No, I got this mixed up with Fixer's comment on McNabb is what I meant.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    How much money would a team have to pick up on the remaining portion of Moss' contract? Could a team like the Bills or Browns pick him up for short money to sell tickets essentially? I don't see him making it to the Colts.

Philly people: get over AI. To quote Jeagler, "Your team. Your 76ers. Are relevant again."

only way the 76ers are relevant is if you're discussing the 2011 draft.

AI forced his way out of here by acting like an idiot. the franchise has yet to recover, so we're allowed to bitch about him (and larry brown, who is just as much to blame as AI). pre-2004 we had to hear red sox fans cry about babe ruth for 90 years
  • Options
    And, 81, to me, Iverson is/was the most captivating, polarizing, interesting indvidual athlete in the NBA ever. Also, it's the same reason he never won. And he's also one of the main reasons for the shitty ghetto culture the NBA became with his rise. Then again, that style just wasn't my preference.
  • Options
    And, 81, to me, Iverson is/was the most captivating, polarizing, interesting indvidual athlete in the NBA ever. Also, it's the same reason he never won. And he's also one of the main reasons for the shitty ghetto culture the NBA became with his rise. Then again, that style just wasn't my preference.

maybe in Philly he wa the most interesting man alive. outside i think he is viewed more as a chump. or maybe it's just me being negative.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

maybe in Philly he wa the most interesting man alive. outside i think he is viewed more as a chump. or maybe it's just me being negative.

No, you being negative. Off and on the court - lot of shit going on. Like I said, can't wait till they make the memoriam doc about him when he's dead in another 15 years. Now that's negative. :mrgreen: Wait... ;) ...or :cry:
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    pre-2004 we had to hear red sox fans cry about babe ruth for 90 years
    Apples and oranges, Fixer. The sixers have won titles, did win titles. 4 generations passed without a WS here in Boston, and were painfully denied time and again. AI was a super-talented player, don't get me wrong. But you cant compare the two.

edit...Why the F are we talking about Iverson on the NFL thread?
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    pre-2004 we had to hear red sox fans cry about babe ruth for 90 years
    Apples and oranges, Fixer. The sixers have won titles, did win titles. 4 generations passed without a WS here in Boston, and were painfully denied time and again. AI was a super-talented player, don't get me wrong. But you cant compare the two.

No, you're right. I hated hearing about the Sawx bullshit long before then. Cause...ya know....all those fucking NBA titles and Super Bowls(well, more recently).

My point is city's that win in one major sport shouldn't bitch about another sport as if they're so starved - ie SF Giants, Cubs, Sawx, etc.

Only city I can think of off the top of my head that has a legit reason to bitch is Cleveland.
This discussion has been closed.