Options

* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Sorry, fellas. After that 2004 World Series, you're kidding yourselves if you thought that the Boston bandwagon would've stopped there if the 2007 Pats won the Super Bowl. Never....would hear....the end of it. I'm tellin ya. These people would have thought they were all Superman. I wouldn't be surprised if they won if people thought they could fly.

BUT, I got over it all by the Phils winning it all 8 months later.

yeah but i didn't give a shit about tha pats fans for that super bowl because they're not in our division or even same conference. for me it hurt way more to see a team from our divsion win a super bowl before this current regime did.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    FF, yes, the "pink hats" if you will. I don't question or challenge those directly from said area - well, maybe a little bit. But I'm talking about all the douchebags around the country that adopted Boston teams because their teams sucked and/or they find the city charming and the accent cute. This doesn't just apply to women.
    I hate them too kid, but Dice-K's trips to the geisha houses aren't gonna pay for themselves, so the Sox welcome that pinkhat revenue. All those people piss me off too man. Root for your own team, people! See Jeagler's fraud thread for more on this subject.

It's simple - you guys just gotta become more asshole-like. And I know you assholes have it in ya. :thumbup:
  • Options
    Sorry, fellas. After that 2004 World Series, you're kidding yourselves if you thought that the Boston bandwagon would've stopped there if the 2007 Pats won the Super Bowl. Never....would hear....the end of it. I'm tellin ya. These people would have thought they were all Superman. I wouldn't be surprised if they won if people thought they could fly.

yeah but i didn't give a shit about tha pats fans for that super bowl because they're not in our division or even same conference. for me it hurt way more to see a team from our divsion win a super bowl before this current regime did.

Maybe I went too far. It's not that I was rooting for the Giants, but to me it was the lesser of two evils. I've seen enough teams in our division - or in the league - win more Super Bowls than us so that doesn't bother me. It's never wavered our strength when we travel nor any of the shit talking that comes with it. Like I said, I shouldn't say I was rooting for the Giants, but I'm convinced the latter would've been worse. Actually,all bitterness aside, I was hoping for a cloud of AIDS to rain down on that stadium.
  • Options

Maybe I went too far. It's not that I was rooting for the Giants, but to me it was the lesser of two evils. I've seen enough teams in our division - or in the league - win more Super Bowls than us so that doesn't bother me. It's never wavered our strength when we travel nor any of the shit talking that comes with it. Like I said, I shouldn't say I was rooting for the Giants, but I'm convinced the latter would've been worse. Actually,all bitterness aside, I was hoping for a cloud of AIDS to rain down on that stadium.

yeah but they were the first nfc east team in 16 years at that point....eh whatever. f the giants. f the pats. go birds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    yeah but they were the first nfc east team in 16 years at that point....eh whatever. f the giants. f the pats. go birds.

I hear ya, bud. 18-0. They crack champagne for that shit every year. 16 years? 18-0 would've been a gazillion years of hearing that nonsense. A gazillion.
  • Options

I hear ya, bud. 18-0. They crack champagne for that shit every year. 16 years? 18-0 would've been a gazillion years of hearing that nonsense. A gazillion.
    Well, the better team didn't win that day. Okay, I just said that to piss of Giants fans. And yes, if we had won, it would have been a gazillion years of shit talking. It would be the Pats spreading butt cheeks over all 31 other teams for at least the rest of my lifetime.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options

still wouldn't bug me much--diff division/diff conference.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Well, the better team didn't win that day. Okay, I just said that to piss of Giants fans. And yes, if we had won, it would have been a gazillion years of shit talking. It would be the Pats spreading butt cheeks over all 31 other teams for at least the rest of my lifetime.
    I sent Coach Shula a bottle of champagne :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

We're only gonna score 17 points?
  • Options

Thank....you. Now times you by a gazillion multiplied by a gazillion years. Terrible.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Can Eli even count to 17, or is he so inbred over the generations that he thinks the number after 10 is jell-o? edit: just realized that joke was subconsciously ripped from Chris Rock. Must be noted as such.
    Thank....you. Now times you by a gazillion multiplied by a gazillion years. Terrible.
    You're right, this country would be fucked if you multiplied me by a gazillion.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Can Eli even count to 17, or is he so inbred over the generations that he thinks the number after 10 is jell-o?

You are aware it's a football game and not a math contest, correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkHOkzACRX0
  • Options
    The D line for the Giants won that game for them. I give props to those guys, not Eli. And you're right, it's not a math contest. But when Eli is being discussed on ESPN as an early-season MVP candidate with 11 interceptions, something's not right. The team is doing well because of the defense, not the moron under center. Helen Keller would throw fewer than 11 picks to this point in the season.
  • Options
    By the way, it's always great bullshitting with you kids. I'm tired of talking football with people who all agree on stuff.
  • Options
    The D line for the Giants won that game for them. I give props to those guys, not Eli. And you're right, it's not a math contest. But when Eli is being discussed on ESPN as an early-season MVP candidate with 11 interceptions, something's not right. The team is doing well because of the defense, not the moron under center. Helen Keller would throw fewer than 11 picks to this point in the season.

I think something like 7 of this first 10 interceptions were passes that hit the hands of the receiver.
  • Options
    Dammit Cliffy, why do you always have to poke holes in my theories? :lol:
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Dammit Cliffy, why do you always have to poke holes in my theories? :lol:
    I was going to respond the same way.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Well, the better team did win that day. Okay, I just said that to piss of Pats fans. And yes, if we had won, it would have been a gazillion years of shit talking. It would be the Pats spreading butt cheeks over all 31 other teams for at least the rest of my lifetime.
    Fixed.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    cheerleaders dressed up like sluts for halloween.....god bless america
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,265
    Sports Illustrated mid season predictions for the playoffs:
    NFC:
    1. Giants
    2. Packers
    3. Falcons
    4. Seahwaks
    5. Eagles
    6. Saints

AFC
    1. Steelers
    2. Patriots
    3. Chiefs
    4. Colts
    5. Jets
    6. Ravens

Wildcard: Ravens over Chiefs; Jets over Colts; Falcons over Saints; Eagles over Seahwaks
    Divisional Round: Jets over Patriots; Steelers over Ravens; Giants over Eagles; Packers over Falcons
    Championship: Jets over Steelers; Packers over Giants
    Super Bowl: Packers- 14, Jets-9

I can see this happening
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    predictions are silly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    predictions are silly

especially when you're team is not included, right? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    NFC:
    1. Giants
    2. Packers
    3. Falcons
    4. Seahwaks
    5. Eagles
    6. Saints

AFC
    1. Steelers
    2. Patriots
    3. Chiefs
    4. Colts
    5. Jets
    6. Ravens

Wildcard: Ravens over Chiefs; Jets over Colts; Falcons over Saints; Eagles over Seahwaks
    Divisional Round: Jets over Patriots; Steelers over Ravens; Giants over Eagles; Packers over Falcons

I can see this happening

I still think the jets suck and have next to no shot of coming out of the AFC. stranger things have happened, but I'm not sold. I'm looking forward to wagering heavily against sanchez in the playoffs...even though this strategy backfired big time for me last year.
  • Options
    NFC:
    1. Giants
    2. Packers
    3. Falcons
    4. Seahwaks
    5. Eagles
    6. Saints

AFC
    1. Steelers
    2. Patriots
    3. Chiefs
    4. Colts
    5. Jets
    6. Ravens

I can see this happening
    I like the Giants as underdogs. I.e., 2008 playoffs.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Newch91 wrote:
    NFC:
    1. Giants
    2. Packers
    3. Falcons
    4. Seahwaks
    5. Eagles
    6. Saints

AFC
    1. Steelers
    2. Patriots
    3. Chiefs
    4. Colts
    5. Jets
    6. Ravens

I can see this happening

preseason I said giants vs colts in the SB. NFL is wide open this year. THere are no good teams...just some teams suck less than others
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    NFC:
    1. Giants
    2. Packers
    3. Falcons
    4. Seahwaks
    5. Eagles
    6. Saints

AFC
    1. Steelers
    2. Patriots
    3. Chiefs
    4. Colts
    5. Jets
    6. Ravens

I can see this happening

preseason I said giants vs colts in the SB. NFL is wide open this year. THere are no good teams...just some teams suck less than others
    Nice. The Giants D is brutal to opponents lately.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    predictions are silly

especially when you're team is not included, right? :lol:

i think the Bears prediction is pretty much spot on with the start of the season and that was an middle of the pack year with the Bears missing the playoffs for the 4th straight year and the coaching/gm staff getting the heave ho.

but yeah, it would be nice to be in the playoff picture discussion. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    sports guy. he's only worth reading on fridays during football season for gems like this:

(Quick tangent: Of all the weird things that happened during Moss' career, wasn't his blowup about the chicken/ribs/beef spread from the St. Paul caterer the single weirdest? My buddy Jacoby and I dissected this saga for 10 minutes this week, repeatedly wondering the same thing: Has anyone in the history of mankind ever complained about a chicken/ribs/beef spread before? Let's give Moss the benefit of the doubt and say it was terrible ... how terrible could it have possibly been for him to flip out? Equal to prison food? Worse than prison food? Did Moss have exceptionally high standards for a chicken/ribs/beef spread? Is there anyone in your life who would flip out on someone who just provided them with free food? Did he catch a whiff of the Favre-Childress duo for three weeks and decide to sabotage his way out of Minnesota any way he could? And how could I possibly LIKE the waiver claim by Tennessee -- and I did -- after typing everything in this paragraph???)

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    november...a crispness is in the air....the stretch run is about to begin. love this time of year.

these look like the best games on the docket to me today...can't wait for these bye weeks to end!

fish/ravens
    chefs/raiders
    colts/birds
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Pats play Cleveland today. Poor Cleveland.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhW6nSLSq6Y
This discussion has been closed.