Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,725
    Wobbie said:
    matt rhule coached that game like a total pussy. if you don’t think you can win in regulation, what makes you think you’ll win in OT?

I’ve decided there’s only two teams to root for to win it all - THEosu or georgia.

fuck michigan and harbaugh.

fuck washington. I thought I was OK with them but odunze, penix and the DB were all doing a lot of flexing last night. oregon state kind of fucked up.

fuck FSU….historical hate for that “school”

fuck oregon aka phil knight state

bama or texas? fuck them, too.
    Yeah I'm not sure who to root for.  Will see once we get to playoffs.  I normally don't root for OSU but I hope they beat Michigan by 120 points next week.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,735
    Wobbie said:
    matt rhule coached that game like a total pussy. if you don’t think you can win in regulation, what makes you think you’ll win in OT?

I’ve decided there’s only two teams to root for to win it all - THEosu or georgia.

fuck washington. I thought I was OK with them but odunze, penix and the DB were all doing a lot of flexing last night. oregon state kind of fucked up.

Yeah I'm not sure who to root for.  Will see once we get to playoffs.  I normally don't root for OSU but I hope they beat Michigan by 120 points next week.
    Finally, we agree on something. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,725
    Haha.  Bound to happen sooner or later 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,910
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

Finally, we agree on something. 
    Fuck Michigan - the one thing that a Trojan, Buckeye, subway Irish fan and the wide list of schools from which Wobbie cheers on, can ALL agree.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,587
    I’m not sold on washington. look at their pac-12 results - they’ve basically squeaked past everyone (except cal). yeah, they’re undefeated and yeah, they beat oregon but they’ll get blown out if they make the CFP. probably a moot point anyway…I see oregon beating them the second time around.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Agree.  Think Oregon is a much better team....despite the result the first time they played.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Agree.  Think Oregon is a much better team....despite the result the first time they played.
    I feel like they're the same team.  Good O, no D.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,111
    Watching the Iowa/Nebraska game. I'm guessing Chubba Purdy (QB for Nebraska) is Brock's younger brother?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Correct
  • Options
    Watching the Iowa/Nebraska game. I'm guessing Chubba Purdy (QB for Nebraska) is Brock's younger brother?
    I don't see the same path for him.  That last pick was so bad.  Threw right into the MLB and cost the game and a bowl appearance. 
  • Options
    need Free Shoes U to lose…I think oregon can beat fraudulent washington but it really doesn’t matter.

you can’t tell me THEosu isn’t better than any of those three teams.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,111
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't see the same path for him.  That last pick was so bad.  Threw right into the MLB and cost the game and a bowl appearance. 
    Not sure how the dude fumbled the ball when he had both hands on it and no one touched him.  Luckily for him I think re recovered it? Can't remember now.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    need Free Shoes U to lose…I think oregon can beat fraudulent washington but it really doesn’t matter.

you can’t tell me THEosu isn’t better than any of those three teams.
    Doesn't matter.  They couldn't beat cheaters to win their conference.   
  • Options
    it will be good to go to an 8 (12?) team playoff….I think soft FSU and ORE/WA get in this year and neither would be likely to beat OSU, bama or TX.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Yes, to 12.
  • Options
    I really didn’t expect washington to win. I still expect them to get smoked in the CFP, but I was wrong last night.

I hope today’s games measure up.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I really didn’t expect washington to win. I still expect them to get smoked in the CFP, but I was wrong last night.

I hope today’s games measure up.
    I don't see why Oregon was 9.5 point favorites. I don't care that the first game was in Washington,  UW won period.  Neither are good enough on D to compete with the big boys though.  They are undersized across the lines and at the backer.
  • Options
    How are they gonna do this if FSU wins?

I think you must take the 3 undefeated major Champs.  Must.  Not debatable, to me.

Georgia lost today for for the first time in 30 games played.
    Bama beat them
    Texas beat Bama, IN Bama, as part of a great non conference date.
    Ohio State....umm, sorry but the others go ahead.
  • Options
    This assumes Michigan Cheaters win but I guess there is a chance they lose.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,938
    edited December 2023
    If Michigan and FSU win, Texas gets in over Bama. If FSU doesn’t win convincingly, you could argue Bama gets in over FSU. 
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    If Michigan and FSU win, Texas gets in over Bama. If FSU doesn’t win convincingly, you could argue Bama gets in over FSU. 
    I think FSU loses. I could still see Georgia included. Saban would lose his mind and that would be a good thing.

this is being handed to Louisville but they’re not capitalizing (so far).

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I would argue that, but I guess we could argue any position.  :lol:
    FSU has to win....down to 3rd QB.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I think FSU loses. I could still see Georgia included. Saban would lose his mind and that would be a good thing.

I agree on FSU losing. 

I hate the 4 team format, and glad it’s over after this year. I’m a UGA fan, being in Georgia. I don’t know a path for them to get in with a Mich win (haha although I’d love it).
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I agree on FSU losing. 

I hate the 4 team format, and glad it’s over after this year. I’m a UGA fan, being in Georgia. I don’t know a path for them to get in with a Mich win (haha although I’d love it).
    Agree - as much as it sucks having lost only 1 game in the last 30 games.....you don't get to defend the title unless Michigan and FSU lose.  
    (At least that seems sensible)
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Wobbie said:

I agree on FSU losing. 

Agree - as much as it sucks having lost only 1 game in the last 30 games.....you don't get to defend the title unless Michigan and FSU lose.  
    Yup. Sucks but it is what it is. 

Big question becomes does FSU get in regardless of how they win, if they win.
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I agree on FSU losing. 

I think that is a small question.  If they leave out an undefeated power conference champion to let in a team with a loss, that is a fucking sham

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Wobbie said:

I agree on FSU losing. 

I think that is a small question.  If they leave out an undefeated power conference champion to let in a team with a loss, that is a fucking sham

Even if that undefeated team has a HS caliber QB? They will get mauled.

its best team. You can’t say FSU is better than Bama because they are undefeated in the shitty ACC
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I agree on FSU losing. 

Even if that undefeated team has a HS caliber QB? They will get mauled.

its best team. You can’t say FSU is better than Bama because they are undefeated in the shitty ACC
    It is a body of work.  Even so, the backup will be back....he is only out due to concussion protocol.  
    How many years of precedent is in place for taking undefeated teams over teams who everyone know would win H2H?
    Pretty much the last 30+....

I agree that Georgia or Bama look like locks against FSU.  (Washington, as well, for that matfer.)  Doesn't matter.  One team lost, the other didn't.  This is what years and years of decisions tell us.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I think the four BEST are (in no order) michigan, georgia, bama and texas but that’s obviously not gonna happen. IMO, even THEosu would be more competitive in the CFP than free shoes or washington.
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Right.  It is not meant to be who we think the best 4 teams playing at the end of the season are.  If everything else is close, sure, of course. 

I think top 4,if we are only going on who our own eyes say would win.

Bama
    Georgia
    Cheaters
    Texas

Also, I wouldn't put Michigan in, because they got caught being cheaters.  I'd bump them and put in OSU, as much as it pains me to type that.  :lol:   

Fuck WA.  They are fraudulent on D.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on