Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,587

Hoke, 48-51 over 10 years or something like that. Wow.....
    yeah, but as a guy who watches a lot of MWC football, I will say that hoke has totally turned around what used to be a joke of a program at SDSU. michigan probably can't do any better.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    tom bradley leaving for the pitt job. :roll:

i love joepa, but c'mon man. this was the ideal successor (has been for about 20 years) and now he's gone.

maybe this means bradley thinks joepa's gonna be around even longer than just next year...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627

i love joepa, but c'mon man. this was the ideal successor (has been for about 20 years) and now he's gone.

maybe this means bradley thinks joepa's gonna be around even longer than just next year...

Good for him but that sucks. Either way, Bradley would come back in a second if he was offered the job.

At thanksgiving, my grandfather and uncle who are fairly connected to the football program said that Bradley had no shot at the job. They claim Curley and Spanier want someone from outside the program who can boost recruting. They want a big name. Thinking out loud, maybe Bradley thinks if he proves himself at Pitt he will have a better shot.

Paterno told a recruit he could go another 5 years. That is not going to happen but it's where his head is at.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i guess andrew luck didn't want to play in carolina

now will harbaugh stay
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rumor has it, the miami dolphins fucked up any chance that MI had of landing Jimmy boy.

way to go fish. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Good for him but that sucks. Either way, Bradley would come back in a second if he was offered the job.

At thanksgiving, my grandfather and uncle who are fairly connected to the football program said that Bradley had no shot at the job. They claim Curley and Spanier want someone from outside the program who can boost recruting. They want a big name. Thinking out loud, maybe Bradley thinks if he proves himself at Pitt he will have a better shot.

Paterno told a recruit he could go another 5 years. That is not going to happen but it's where his head is at.

what do you think of a big name coach? i remember hearing something about that a couple years back.

if paterno leaves in a year or two, i don't know if bradley would up and leave pitt so soon. that's not enough time for his own recruits to even get on the field...

i love joepa, but i also feel he's kind of holding everyone hostage by hanging on like this...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    what do you think of a big name coach? i remember hearing something about that a couple years back.

if paterno leaves in a year or two, i don't know if bradley would up and leave pitt so soon. that's not enough time for his own recruits to even get on the field...

i love joepa, but i also feel he's kind of holding everyone hostage by hanging on like this...

I don't know. Mixed feelings. I was all about Bradley until I heard that at Thanksgiving but at the same time, it would be nice to have a big time recruiter and a bit a of a change of philosophy. I am pretty confident they will make a good decision though.

Yeah, that's true but you have to figure he didn't leave Penn State without discussing these things with everyone involved. He knows where he stands.

Yeah, he definitely is. It'a hard though. Unlike a earlier this decade when people were trying to force him out, I think people understand that he has earned the right to go out on his own terms, they just wish that time was sooner than later. With what he has done for that school, I personally think he should stick around as long as he damn well pleases.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't know. Mixed feelings. I was all about Bradley until I heard that at Thanksgiving but at the same time, it would be nice to have a big time recruiter and a bit a of a change of philosophy. I am pretty confident they will make a good decision though.

Yeah, that's true but you have to figure he didn't leave Penn State without discussing these things with everyone involved. He knows where he stands.

Yeah, he definitely is. It'a hard though. Unlike a earlier this decade when people were trying to force him out, I think people understand that he has earned the right to go out on his own terms, they just wish that time was sooner than later. With what he has done for that school, I personally think he should stick around as long as he damn well pleases.

it's just weird that bradley's going to pitt. those schools used to be bitter rivals back in the day and now he's gonna be recruiting against psu.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    it's just weird that bradley's going to pitt. those schools used to be bitter rivals back in the day and now he's gonna be recruiting against psu.

Yeah, man. Definitely strange. Going to be weird not seeing him on the sideline next year. Definitely a tough loss.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,111
    Looks like no one is at the GoDaddy.com Bowl game tonight, seats are EMPTY!

Go Miami (OH)!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Looks like no one is at the GoDaddy.com Bowl game tonight, seats are EMPTY!

Go Miami (OH)!

glorified exhibition game.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Bradley is going to UConn tomorrow to talk.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Was The Cotton Bowl on tv? I couldn't fund it on any channels :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    It was on FOX.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    It was on FOX.

thought i checked FOX must have been a commercial when i was flipping through.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Looks like Bolden isn't leaving. One of their 4 QB's is going to be pretty pissed but glad to see Bolden isn't going anywhere.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Looks like Bolden isn't leaving. One of their 4 QB's is going to be pretty pissed but glad to see Bolden isn't going anywhere.

mcgloin should have been kicked off the team after that bowl performance
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

mcgloin should have been kicked off the team after that bowl performance

Yeah, that was bad but what can you do. I would imagine Bolden is the starting QB next year.
  • Options
    BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    Not much talk about the BCS championship game and we're only 24 hours away from the big game. Is it because Oregon and Auburn aren't big traditional names like a Texas, an Alabama, an Ohio State, a USC, or an Oklahoma?

Does anyone on this message board think that Oregon has a snowball's chance to beat the SEC's mighty champs? I liked LaMichael James' interview with Wendi Nix late last week when he said that the Ducks are on a business trip and he eluded to Auburn's 2:00 a.m. curfews (while Oregon was doing a room check at 10:00 p.m. every single night).

I realize that Oregon has a lot of speed and their offense plays at a fast and furious pace, but I'm not sure if the Ducks can do anything to slow down that 6'6 250lbs. monster that AU has at quarterback.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Sure they have a chance. Neither team likes d, so go score points

This is the worst bowl season ever. Having the "national" championship 10 days after new years is a joke.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    81 wrote:
    Sure they have a chance. Neither team likes d, so go score points

This is the worst bowl season ever. Having the "national" championship 10 days after new years is a joke.

I agree 100%. Playing the so-called championship game after the NFL playoffs have started was a curious move. Only Oregon, Auburn, and diehard college football fans really care at this point. The vast majority of sports fans are probably more focused on the NFL right now.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    Does anyone on this message board think that Oregon has a snowball's chance to beat the SEC's mighty champs? I liked LaMichael James' interview with Wendi Nix late last week when he said that the Ducks are on a business trip and he eluded to Auburn's 2:00 a.m. curfews (while Oregon was doing a room check at 10:00 p.m. every single night).
    Yes. :thumbup:
    #FHP
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Horos wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    Yes. :thumbup:

I think the ducks have a legit shot as well. Fairley will be sucking wind by the end of the first half.

Stopping Newton is another story.

Should be a good game...I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow night
  • Options
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    Not much talk about the BCS championship game and we're only 24 hours away from the big game.
    crap....I'd forgotten all about it. I'll have to watch for awhile, just to decide who I want to lose.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    Not much talk about the BCS championship game and we're only 24 hours away from the big game.
    crap....I'd forgotten all about it. I'll have to watch for awhile, just to decide who I want to lose.

you want auburn to lose. you know all the SEC fan boys will be gonig nuts if Auburn wins.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:

you want auburn to lose. you know all the SEC fan boys will be gonig nuts if Auburn wins.
    maybe, but I'm not real fond of their Nike subsidiary opponent either.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    every school gets money from Nike, Rebook, or addidas. They might get more from Nike, but other schools might get more from other companies.

either way, fuck the SEC. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i can't believe bowl season has not ended yet. seems like it started two months ago.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Soon the BCS title game will be after the Super Bowl.