NCAA College Football -

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,534
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    hire. Last thing you want to become is Notre Dame.

that wouldn't be so bad. :mrgreen:
    yea really. i don't know whats so bad bout having all your games on national games and selling out the world famous yankee stadium all while having won jack shit in years. i def wouldn't want my favorite college football team to be like that :roll: :lol::lol: .

...be nice to be relevant for the first time in 20 some years though, right?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

yes it would :x :(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:

tony rice ain't walking through that door anytime soon. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:

tony rice ain't walking through that door anytime soon. :lol:
    either is tim brown or the bus or rocket ismil(sp) :lol::lol:

i do like the qb's crop ND has and coach
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Ohio State is fucked right now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:

looks that way. :(

next decade could be rough
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Yep. They might have to get rid of Tressel.

Who knows what the NCAA penalties will be now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

nah when the BCS schools drop out of the NCAA and start their own organization there will be no sanctions. and that is coming within the next few years. when they start talking about paying players like they are now it is getting closer by the day. and when they do college sports will be officially ruined for good.
    in other news....

did anybody catch that the BCS was looking at a 4 team playoff? School atheletic directors voted in favor of it, but presidents control the final vote. at least it is movement in the right direction
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    in other news....

did anybody catch that the BCS was looking at a 4 team playoff? School atheletic directors voted in favor of it, but presidents control the final vote. at least it is movement in the right direction

yeah the pac-12 (weird to write that) and big 10 are starting to exert their power...it will probably be another couple years but even if they do it, most people will still hate it
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    in other news....

yeah the pac-12 (weird to write that) and big 10 are starting to exert their power...it will probably be another couple years but even if they do it, most people will still hate it

either the 2014 season or the season after. we have to wait for the TV deal to finish.

:roll:

why is TV controlling the timing?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

tv controls all sports in america...if football wasn't tv friendly, it wouldn't be as popular
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

tv controls all sports in america...if football wasn't tv friendly, it wouldn't be as popular

i know. but you would think college sports would be different...but alas, money makes the sporting world go round. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Love the 2nd quote in this article... :lol::lol::lol:

Oregon quarterback Darron Thomas was a passenger in the car when Cliff Harris was pulled over for driving 118 mph in June, and the state patrolman asked Harris during the traffic stop, "Who's got the marijuana in the car?"

Harris replied, "We smoked it all."

These latest revelations from the incident that earned Harris a suspension for at least the season-opener against LSU in Cowboys Stadium came after KATU news in Portland obtained unedited dashboard camera footage from the patrol car for the June 12, 4:30 a.m. traffic stop.

Harris was driving a rented 2011 Nissan Altima with a suspended license. He has since paid $1,620 in fines for the driving violation. The car had been rented by an Oregon employee.

During the traffic stop, Harris said the car belonged to his "girlfriend."

Oregon has made no statement on the matter other than announcing an indefinite suspension of Harris and that it was conducting its own investigation to see if NCAA rules were broken.

Harris has been practicing with the team during fall camp. Oregon coach Chip Kelly has said his status would be dependent on adherence to the football program's rules.

On the video, Harris takes and passes a field sobriety test. Harris and Thomas were key pieces of a Ducks team that lost to Auburn in the national championship game.

But Harris denies there are any drugs in the car and later indicates it was another passenger -- not Thomas -- who was smoking the marijuana.

Harris earned All-American recognition last year as a cornerback and punt returner. He led the Pac-10 with six interceptions. Thomas earned second-team all-Pac-10 honors after throwing 30 touchdown passes as a first-year starter.

Kelly said Tuesday that Thomas would not be disciplined.

"I'm not punishing someone for being a passenger," Kelly said.

It's not the first time Thomas has been a passenger in a car driven by an Oregon player who has faced trouble.

Thomas was also with quarterback Jeremiah Masoli when he was pulled over last summer for a traffic infraction and marijuana was found in the car. Masoli, who had earlier pleaded guilty on an unrelated burglary charge, was dismissed from the team by Kelly.

Kelly said he believes Harris, who told the officer in the dashboard video that the marijuana was his cousin's.

"I saw (on video) Cliff go through a sobriety test that the OS officer let him go on," Kelly said. "He wasn't charged with that."
    now Pryor is claiming more shit to get the NFL to add him to the supplemental draft. :lol:

what a slimey douche bag.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    now Pryor is claiming more shit to get the NFL to add him to the supplemental draft. :lol:

He's gonna suck anyway. Rosenhaus claiming that someone is gonna give up a first rounder for him is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

He's gonna suck anyway. Rosenhaus claiming that someone is gonna give up a first rounder for him is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

as a qb, i'd go a 7th rounder at most. as a athete with the intent of converting him to a WR, i'd go 5th.

he should think about getting back into basketball.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Notre Dame sucks
    Notre Dame sucks
    :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    i've been saying since i was a kid that maryland loves their flag too much.

now, apparently, the state has vomited on their university's football team:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... us/related
    www.myspace.com

those were the worst uniforms EVER in any sport EVER.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

their flag, or a variation of it, is literally ALL OVER that state.
    www.myspace.com

And I thought Oregon worried how their uniforms looked
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    The uniforms, in person, look pretty damn cool actually :D
    Such a fun game in the rain last night, awesome win!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    May have lost but at least we had fun! ;)
    296301_2325957114325_1411563017_2725560_627600_n.jpg
    #FHP
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    81 wrote:

their flag, or a variation of it, is literally ALL OVER that state.

I used to live 3 miles from College Park MD and i have to say I was shocked by the new uni's. I like the jersey BUT the helmet has to go....one of 16 uniforms and 32 combinations. I gather they are trying to keep up with the Ducks.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Lets go Penn State.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,934
    BUCKEYES!!

whew! :wtf:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    2 fucking timeouts on the first drive. You gotta be kidding me.
    imalive wrote:
    BUCKEYES!!

whew! :wtf:

FUCK

I had my Toledo shirt on today. I was all Rockets this game. man. so damn close. Buckeyes are in for a long season if that is how they are going to play. Hyde looked solid tho.

next up for the Rockets....Boise state on friday at the Glass Bowl. yikes. might be the toughest non confrence schedule in the country.

oh well...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg