Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    i get the pro sec thing. i root for all the big ten teams (expect michigan) when they play out of confrence, so i get the confrence pride thing. But to chant SEC at sporting events, that's pretty lame and i don't get that.

totally agree with this.

I still don't understand why people cheer for the enemy teams in the conference.

would you cheer for the cowboys if they were in the SB? it's the same fucking thing
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i get the pro sec thing. i root for all the big ten teams (expect michigan) when they play out of confrence, so i get the confrence pride thing. But to chant SEC at sporting events, that's pretty lame and i don't get that.

totally agree with this.

I still don't understand why people cheer for the enemy teams in the conference.

would you cheer for the cowboys if they were in the SB? it's the same fucking thing

that's the thing. it's not the same. if you lived someplace that had real college football you might understand.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

totally agree with this.

that's the thing. it's not the same. if you lived someplace that had real college football you might understand.

I lived outside of miami for a while, my wife went to PSU, and I lived in Maryland (terps country).

I still think it's stupid. how can you hate teams all year, then do a complete 180 and start hoping they win?? makes no sense to me
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    outside of MI, i don't hate any other team in teh big ten.

think of confrence play as a family. you get together with your family and you play poker. you want to win.

than say, your brother goes and plays in a poker game with anouther family. who do you want to win? your brother, unless of course that brother is MI.

the pro game is a little different.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

think of confrence play as a family. you get together with your family and you play poker. you want to win.

than say, your brother goes and plays in a poker game with anouther family. who do you want to win? your brother, unless of course that brother is MI.

Well put sir

MI is your Bama....the stooopid, drunk, deadbeat brother in the family
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    81 wrote:

you've never met my family :D

no way in hell I'd be rooting for an enemy team. think about the reprecussions. wisconsin wins it all...as an OSU fan you have to hear that shit for years until OSU wins the big one. no way I'm voluntarily signing up for that shit.

then again, I'm the guy that doesn't understand how people can be die hard fans of schools they didn't attend...so I'm probably in the minority
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,587
    I almost always root against the teams in "my" teams conference/division. my most hated teams are the teams that kept "my" team from winning the conference/division. there's gotta be some history, tho. that's why I don't particularly hate wisconsin. :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I think it's a pride thing as well. It hurts less to lose to the team that ends up winning the championship, then to a team that goes on to lose to lesser schools.

Plus, and this is especially important during the season, whenever teams that you play that are in your conference wins, it helps your strength of schedule ranking and in turn, your BCS ranking.

Losing to Aurburn the way we did this season sucked, but I was rooting for them in the championship. With their win it gives us a little more bragging rights. We can say that we play in the conference that has won the last 5 BCS National Championships.

Of course, we did contribute one of those 5 titles. 8-)
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    evenflow wrote:
    I think it's a pride thing as well. It hurts less to lose to the team that ends up winning the championship, then to a team that goes on to lose to lesser schools.

Plus, and this is especially important during the season, whenever teams that you play that are in your conference wins, it helps your strength of schedule ranking and in turn, your BCS ranking.

Losing to Aurburn the way we did this season sucked, but I was rooting for them in the championship. With their win it gives us a little more bragging rights. We can say that we play in the conference that has won the last 5 BCS National Championships.

Of course, we did contribute one of those 5 titles. 8-)

agreed. and the SOS reasoning is especially true in college basketball. i always root for big east teams in the b ball tourney.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    So Glad DickRod's gone
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    So Glad DickRod's gone

it was a sad day in ohio when he was fired.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    So Glad DickRod's gone

it was a sad day in ohio when he was fired.

I bet

Let's get this program back to respectability !!!

GO BLUE!

• Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    The firing of RichRod set scUM back 3 years. Taking a few steps back and starting over just guaranteed the Buckeyes streak will reach 10 over scUM. scUM would have been better off just getting a new DC coordinator.

BTW, its has been 2613 days since scUM last beat tOSU in football and Michigan still sucks.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    The firing of RichRod set scUM back 3 years. Taking a few steps back and starting over just guaranteed the Buckeyes streak will reach 10 over scUM. scUM would have been better off just getting a new DC coordinator.

BTW, its has been 2613 days since scUM last beat tOSU in football and Michigan still sucks.

they needed more then a D coordinator. they needed a coach that thier people could buy into. rich rod was never going to be that guy.

This Brian guy seems to be a good pick. He grew up rooting for MI, went to MI, and coached at MI. He gets it, just like Tress got the buckeye tradition when he was hired.

people are going to get behind him from teh get go, unlike rich rod. i hate mi, but i think they made the right move for the program.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    PJBuckeye wrote:

they needed more then a D coordinator. they needed a coach that thier people could buy into. rich rod was never going to be that guy.

This Brian guy seems to be a good pick. He grew up rooting for MI, went to MI, and coached at MI. He gets it, just like Tress got the buckeye tradition when he was hired.

people are going to get behind him from teh get go, unlike rich rod. i hate mi, but i think they made the right move for the program.

Exactly...you could have had the best D Coordinator out there it wasn't going to help

DickRod was a mess there...team had no identity

I knew it was headed in the wrong direction when Mallete transferred

• Options
    Brady Hoke grew up in Ohio. His father played for Woody. Like any true "Michigan Man," he is really an Ohioan at heart. That piece of shit football program couldn't survive without Ohio.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Brady Hoke grew up in Ohio. His father played for Woody. Like any true "Michigan Man," he is really an Ohioan at heart. That piece of shit football program couldn't survive without Ohio.

This is why tOSU has joined programs like Duke, Notre Dame, and USC as being among the most reviled in the country. At least tOSU rusn a clean program and has not had any NCAA violations....oh wait a minute. They had 5 guys play in the sugar bowl that should not have. Should have lost to the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC.

Michigan made a mistake buying into RichRods spread when they did not have the players to run it, and thinking it would only take a year or two to install it. You can see why they were enamored with it when they saw how tOSU kept getting crushed by better teams from the SEC using the spread. They should have gone with Les Miles 3 years ago and made a mistake not doing that. Hoke looks to be the right choice if they give him and his coaches the time to rebuild the program.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Being reviled is a great thing. It means you are relevant. Michigan once was reviled... not anymore.
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Being reviled is a great thing. It means you are relevant. Michigan once was reviled... not anymore.

They'll be back

You do have a lot of animosity towards Michigan for beating up on them the last few years

Maybe a good cry will help ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTF ... re=related

• Options
    I will always have animosity towards Michigan and the SEC.

Michigan will eventually get back. I don't think Brady Hoke is the right hire. Michigan better hope he is the right hire. Last thing you want to become is Notre Dame.
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:

This is why tOSU has joined programs like Duke, Notre Dame, and USC as being among the most reviled in the country. At least tOSU rusn a clean program and has not had any NCAA violations....oh wait a minute. They had 5 guys play in the sugar bowl that should not have. Should have lost to the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC.

Michigan made a mistake buying into RichRods spread when they did not have the players to run it, and thinking it would only take a year or two to install it. You can see why they were enamored with it when they saw how tOSU kept getting crushed by better teams from the SEC using the spread. They should have gone with Les Miles 3 years ago and made a mistake not doing that. Hoke looks to be the right choice if they give him and his coaches the time to rebuild the program.

the 5 guys suspensions for selling personal belongings is bs. they sold private property.

as for RichRods offense. his biggest problem was going into a situation with players not designed for his offense. he shouold have kept the pro offense that was there and transitioned to his spread over time. you have to run an offense that hte players are built for.

just look at the ohio offense since tress took over. they went pure power I early one, transitioned to a wide open offense with Smith, back to a power I with Beanie, and now back to more wide open under pryor. that's what good coachs do. they adpat to the players on the roster in any given year, they don't try and fit square pegs in round holes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    hire. Last thing you want to become is Notre Dame.

that wouldn't be so bad. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,139
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    right.people seem to forget that Bo was a coach under Woody. Did that make Bo a "Michigan Man"? That phrase is bullshit. What you need is someone with a connection to a school or program. One who understands the boosters and fans. Unless of course your goal is to toally alienate your program from your core base.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    :lol:

Justice Department opens antitrust inquiry into college bowl processBy the CNN Wire Staff
    Assistant Attorney General Varney seeks an explanation

(CNN) -- In a letter to the NCAA on Wednesday, the Justice Department said it has opened an antitrust inquiry into the current Bowl Championship Series system, which excludes some athletic conferences from the formula for choosing schools to play in major bowl games.

Assistant Attorney General Christine Varney scheduled a meeting with reporters to discuss the move. Millions of dollars in revenue are at stake in the football bowl selection process.

"Serious questions continue to arise suggesting that the current BCS system may not be conducted consistent with the competition principles expressed in federal antitrust laws," Varney told Mark Emmert, president of the NCAA in Indianapolis.

The decision to release the letter came hours after Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, a major opponent of the current system, demanded further consideration of the issue in a face-to-face appearance with Attorney General Eric Holder at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing. Holder then disclosed the Justice Department had sent the letter to the NCAA on the issue.

In her letter, Varney asked Emmert to explain why college football does not have a playoff when so many other college sports do. She also asked what steps, if any, the NCAA has taken to create a playoff, and whether the NCAA has determined that there are aspects of the BCS system that do not serve interests of fans, colleges, universities, and players.

Currently, the BCS system limits automatic bids to the winners of the Big Ten, Big East, Big 12, ACC, Pac 10 and SEC, thereby leaving out other conferences, including almost all schools in the Rocky Mountain region.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^^saw that

this happened too

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6471380

$3 billion for 12 years :shock:

also, boise st got sanctions :roll:
  • Options
    college football is just ridiculous.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    the ncaa is just ridiculous.

fixed
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    81 wrote:
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    hire. Last thing you want to become is Notre Dame.

that wouldn't be so bad. :mrgreen:
    yea really. i don't know whats so bad bout having all your games on national games and selling out the world famous yankee stadium all while having won jack shit in years. i def wouldn't want my favorite college football team to be like that :roll: :lol::lol: .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?