Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1171630
    Is this guy correct? tOSU has never beat an SEC team in a bowl?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1171630
    Is this guy correct? tOSU has never beat an SEC team in a bowl?

yes :( 0-9. but the bucks have beat sec teams during the regular season.

i also heard GA signed up to play a home and home with the bucks in 2020 and 2021
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    in other Big Ten news, Rich Rod is currently meeting with school officials about the program.....

and Penn State is losing a QB to transfer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    in other Big Ten news, Rich Rod is currently meeting with school officials about the program.....

JoePa is also pushing his DC for the Pitt opening.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Bye Rich Rod.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Bye Rich Rod.

PBM

he gone. :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365
    81 wrote:

penn state is so stupid when it comes to qb's.

i'd be pissed if i were bolden too watching mcgloin toss 5 picks and not turn to him in a winnable game....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    UM should never have bought into hype of the spread when they did not have the players to run it, and knew it would take 4-5 years to build that kind of team. Back to square 1. If they can't land Harbaugh, which looks like he is going to the NFL, they are in trouble.

Maybe they go after Leach :lol:
  • Options
    UM should never have bought into hype of the spread when they did not have the players to run it, and knew it would take 4-5 years to build that kind of team. Back to square 1. If they can't land Harbaugh, which looks like he is going to the NFL, they are in trouble.

Maybe they go after Leach :lol:

it was a match made in hell.

:lol:

it wasn't so much that MI couldn't have transitioned to the spread, it's how they tried the transition. The obvioulsy didn't have the players to run it year 1, so rich rod should have run a more traditional offense which MI was built, and during this time, recruit the kids to run the spread. you've got to run the offense that the team is built for.

his other big mistake was running off a bunch of talent. he lost a good QB in Mallet, a solid OL to the buckeyes, and several other players.

he'll go down as the biggest joke in MI coaching history. i'm glad i got to witness it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,623
    81 wrote:

i'd be pissed if i were bolden too watching mcgloin toss 5 picks and not turn to him in a winnable game....

Agree and disagree. Dude is a true freshman, the first ever to start under Paterno so yes, he should have been in that game but fuck him for thinking he is entilted to the starting job. Hopefully they can change his mind today.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Agree and disagree. Dude is a true freshman, the first ever to start under Paterno so yes, he should have been in that game but fuck him for thinking he is entilted to the starting job. Hopefully they can change his mind today.

gonna watch devlin on friday? :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    And this coming from a life long Michigan fan.

I hope Rich Rod where ever he will end up (and i wouldn't be surprised if he takes a year off, shoot he gets a 2.5 million dollar buy out), flat out just turns that program into a machine and just rolls everyone. So I can hear all the B.S Michigan fans just be shocked. Than in three or four years I want the dirt to come out on all the A-Hold Big Dollar Booster and what they put that guy through for those three years. He showed up and never had a chance. Period. Was not accepted.

He didn't chase anyone out. Mallet wanted to be a pro style QB period. That's why he left. If he stayed they would of been a pass first spread offense, which is what they turn into when Forcier is behind center.

Players come and go. That's the breaks. Happens at every school. Some players expect that they should start no matter what and if they don't they take off.

In all i really believe the constant negativity was what caused the program to fail.

Now I doubt JH is coming. I wonder if the higher ups at Michigan want him, he has a DUI and a messy divorce that shadow him. And he also slammed the school a few years back. That's 3 strikes right there.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Brade Hoke from San Diego St. Former U of M assistant. Now I'm not saying that's the best thing, but it's probably who we will get. Than it's time to start over. And sift through who ends up transferring.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    He didn't chase anyone out. Mallet wanted to be a pro style QB period. That's why he left. If he stayed they would of been a pass first spread offense, which is what they turn into when Forcier is behind center.

and that was his biggest problem. he should have run that pro style offense for 3 years with a transition to his spread after a few years of recruiting and developing his recruits. instead, he tried to fit his square peg into a round hole. new coaches have to adapt when they join a new team.

look at Ohio State. Depending on the players they have run diffferent styles of offense ranging from a power I in 2002 to a wide open offense with Troy Smith.

and a few players did leave because of more than the offense.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Now I doubt JH is coming. I wonder if the higher ups at Michigan want him, he has a DUI and a messy divorce that shadow him. And he also slammed the school a few years back. That's 3 strikes right there.

I highly doubt a 6 year old DUI is going to stop Michigan from hiring him, shit, Stanford hired him after the DUI
  • Options
    gonna watch devlin on friday? :mrgreen:

No interest.
  • Options
    I'm sure all the good PJ fans in Michigan are still feeling pretty down about the terrible performances of their teams on Saturday and poor wittle Richie Rodriguez lost his job over it.
    Well, if I've got to live in the torment of all these damn Mississippi State fans flapping their gums about the woodshed-whoopin' they put on the Wolverines....I think Richie should have to listen to it too.
    I've got an extra room in the house I'll rent him on the cheap....and a bunch of obnoxious ass MSU friends to keep him entertained
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    And in otger news, rich rod is still the coach........for now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    what the buck, fuckeyes? :twisted: :P
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    nice choke job by mallett

:evil: :evil:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

its his michigan influence
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I highly doubt a 6 year old DUI is going to stop Michigan from hiring him, shit, Stanford hired him after the DUI

You've seen Stanfords band and the antic's they pull right? Best band in college football by the way.

The positive with JH is he would have full booster and university support. Something that never happened the past 3 years ever... From day one of it.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

What about the half dozen perfect pass's that were dropped? It's always the last bad play that's remembered.

• Options
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

FYI I'm just pissed off at OSU for not putting it out of reach in the 3rd quarter. I have to be up at 4 a.m. and instead of being in bed at 10 I was up to 12:30.

Well okay I'm pissed off that they start the stupid game at 8:30 at night during the week.

Remember when we used to watch them all on new years day?

• Options
    I'm sure all the good PJ fans in Michigan are still feeling pretty down about the terrible performances of their teams on Saturday and poor wittle Richie Rodriguez lost his job over it.
    Well, if I've got to live in the torment of all these damn Mississippi State fans flapping their gums about the woodshed-whoopin' they put on the Wolverines....I think Richie should have to listen to it too.
    I've got an extra room in the house I'll rent him on the cheap....and a bunch of obnoxious ass MSU friends to keep him entertained

You guys are fun to party with pre-game, I'll give you that. Iowa was a blast this year on the golf course too.

• Options
    81 wrote:

and that was his biggest problem. he should have run that pro style offense for 3 years with a transition to his spread after a few years of recruiting and developing his recruits. instead, he tried to fit his square peg into a round hole. new coaches have to adapt when they join a new team.

look at Ohio State. Depending on the players they have run diffferent styles of offense ranging from a power I in 2002 to a wide open offense with Troy Smith.

and a few players did leave because of more than the offense.

The offense was descent enough to win games his 2nd year. The defense however was horrendous. And than it got worse the 3rd year. But all in all, I don't care who you are if you don't have 100% support and are slammed with nothing but negativeness you won't succeed. Everyone Bitched with Carrs consistent 3 and 4 loss seasons. They wanted the big change... They just didn't like it when it happened.

• Options
    the offense was only decent in games agaist mid level opponents. agaist anyone with a real D, the offense was terrible.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

What about the half dozen perfect pass's that were dropped? It's always the last bad play that's remembered.

agreed....but you could also say the buckeyes should have had a couple more picks.

either way, good game and boy am i glad to get a bowl win vs the sec.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bolden is not gone yet. Paterno denied his transfer request. This could get interesting.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bolden is not gone yet. Paterno denied his transfer request. This could get interesting.

that just means he would have to sit out a year if he transfers? right?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg