Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    Go Frogs!!! The Big Eleven moves to 0-5 on the day.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!! The so-called #4 team from the SEC demolishes the Big Ten co-champs. If Bama would have played all season with the same amount of passion they displayed today against Sparty, the Tide would be in Glendale right now about to win a second consecutive national title. Bama should be favored to win the SEC in 2011 even if they lose some of the big juniors to the NFL draft in April.

Glad to see State blast Michigan today. The combined score of the Capital One and Gator Bowl was 101-21. The SEC big boys are showing the Big Eleven how you're supposed to play football. Arky will probably take apart OSU on Tuesday night. TCU is even hanging in with Whisky right now.
    Rolling Fucking Tide, Roll!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Big 10 had a hell of a day....

hehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Tough game. UConn had chances. Too many mistakes. Oklahoma's a really good team and I knew it would be tough for UConn. Congratulations to Oklahoma. Good season by UConn and let's return to a BCS Bowl game next season with a different result.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,646
    norm wrote:
    i was gonna say those uprights were a little out of level
    yeah, but the guy with the wrenches just tightened them....he didn't make any adjustments. probably paralyzed by the enormity of the moment.

PS: the crossbar was out of level; the uprights were out of plumb ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Tough loss. First off gotta give TCU credit. They played a lot better than I thought they would. I've got to question the play calling. We were getting 4-5 yds running up the middle everytime. We had the size advantage by 60 lbs on the line. Why we decided to run outside and throw so much puzzled me. That was getting us nothing cause they had the speed and would beat us to the outside. Guy was open on the 2 pt conversion, but I still would have ran it there. Interested to see how far we will drop in the polls. I'm guessing the pathetic showing by the Big 10 won't help.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The Fixer wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!! The so-called #4 team from the SEC demolishes the Big Ten co-champs. If Bama would have played all season with the same amount of passion they displayed today against Sparty, the Tide would be in Glendale right now about to win a second consecutive national title. Bama should be favored to win the SEC in 2011 even if they lose some of the big juniors to the NFL draft in April.

Glad to see State blast Michigan today. The combined score of the Capital One and Gator Bowl was 101-21. The SEC big boys are showing the Big Eleven how you're supposed to play football. Arky will probably take apart OSU on Tuesday night. TCU is even hanging in with Whisky right now.

I've been telling people all year how terrible the big 10 is. I don't understand how people can continue to defend that shitty conference. A complete joke, as always
    You have been riding that train all season and it appears you're right. How did they get 7(8) teams in the bowl games?
    #FHP
  • Options
    BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    Horos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:

I've been telling people all year how terrible the big 10 is. I don't understand how people can continue to defend that shitty conference. A complete joke, as always
    You have been riding that train all season and it appears you're right. How did they get 7(8) teams in the bowl games?

The biggest thing that helps these major conferences get so many teams (the SEC with 10 teams) into bowl games is that there are way too many bowl games. I remember back when I was growing up in the '80s, there were around 15 or so bowl games and this seemed to produce better matchups with teams that really deserved to be there. In 2010/2011, we have more than double that amount, which means that over half of the FBS (I-A) teams (several of whom every given year will have 6-6 records) are in a bowl game somewhere.

Michigan State deserved a bowl game, quite obviously, with their 11-1 record and Big Ten championship. They just ran up against a determined buzzsaw and Sparty had no answer to the physicality of the Bama front lines. Michigan, on the other hand, didn't deserve to be in the postseason. They weren't a good 7-5 team to begin with. Neither did UGA and Tennessee from the SEC. After their losses, the Dawgs and Vols both finish the season with 6-7 records.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Maybe a winning confrwnce record should be needed. Only way mi got 7 wins was to play chumps
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The biggest thing that helps these major conferences get so many teams (the SEC with 10 teams) into bowl games is that there are way too many bowl games. I remember back when I was growing up in the '80s, there were around 15 or so bowl games and this seemed to produce better matchups with teams that really deserved to be there. In 2010/2011, we have more than double that amount, which means that over half of the FBS (I-A) teams (several of whom every given year will have 6-6 records) are in a bowl game somewhere.

Michigan State deserved a bowl game, quite obviously, with their 11-1 record and Big Ten championship. They just ran up against a determined buzzsaw and Sparty had no answer to the physicality of the Bama front lines. Michigan, on the other hand, didn't deserve to be in the postseason. They weren't a good 7-5 team to begin with. Neither did UGA and Tennessee from the SEC. After their losses, the Dawgs and Vols both finish the season with 6-7 records.[/quote]

Exactly. It's a joke. You get rewarded for a 6-6 season in which you went 2-6 in conference which gets you 7th or 8th out of 11 or 12 teams in your conference, but because you pad your non-conf schedule with cupcakes you get to 6 wins and get a bowl game. 2-6 and or a 7th place finish in your conference should get your coach fired, and your boosters and alums PO'd. But because they will get to go to a stupid bowl game presented by some lame ass corporation they will be happy. Going to a bowl game used to mean something but now ESPN has whored out the bowl season with so many lame ass games, cause it's all about money. It's a joke, we need a playoff. Lastly New Years day used to be the shit with all the bowl games, the gator bowl, cotton bowl, and hall of fame/outback bowl would start when you got up, then the capital one/citrus bowl, the rose bowl and fiesta bowl would be late afternoon, and the orange (played in the actual orange bowl) and sugar bowls would be at night. Those were the days!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,451
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Michigan State deserved a bowl game, quite obviously, with their 11-1 record and Big Ten championship. They just ran up against a determined buzzsaw and Sparty had no answer to the physicality of the Bama front lines. Michigan, on the other hand, didn't deserve to be in the postseason. They weren't a good 7-5 team to begin with. Neither did UGA and Tennessee from the SEC. After their losses, the Dawgs and Vols both finish the season with 6-7 records.

also has to do with the ability to fill the stadium and attract tv ratings.....further proof that these bowls are nothing more than glorified exhibition games.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    We were getting 4-5 yds running up the middle everytime. We had the size advantage by 60 lbs on the line. Why we decided to run outside and throw so much puzzled me.
    I, too, was puzzled :?

I rooted for your badgers....will you do the same for my bucks????

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,323
    imalive wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    We were getting 4-5 yds running up the middle everytime. We had the size advantage by 60 lbs on the line. Why we decided to run outside and throw so much puzzled me.

oooh, that's asking alot. Maybe the way to ask is will you continue to root for the big10( or is it 11 now. wait a minute 12 yeah thats it.)?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    mickeyrat wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

oooh, that's asking alot. Maybe the way to ask is will you continue to root for the big10( or is it 11 now. wait a minute 12 yeah thats it.)?

I never understood why people root for a specific conference. For example, if you're an ohio st fan, how can you want wisconsin to win their bowl game? Don't you hate these teams? Doesn't make sense to me.

Also, the big 10 sucks
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    I never understood why people root for a specific conference. For example, if you're an ohio st fan, how can you want wisconsin to win their bowl game? Don't you hate these teams? Doesn't make sense to me.

Also, the big 10 sucks

because if the confrence wins, it makes your team appear better if they win their game.

but i will never root for mi to win a game unless it directly benifits the buckeyes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Also, the big 10 sucks

because if the confrence wins, it makes your team appear better if they win their game.

but i will never root for mi to win a game unless it directly benifits the buckeyes

it does??

so michigan looks better if ohio st beats arkansas? um, gotta disagree with that
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

Had we won absolutely. Now if you win, you'll be the highest ranked Big 10 team, not that it really matters, but it is nice to be the highest ranked Big 10 team at the end of the year. Regarless you will still be ranked top 5 next year preseason and we will be 15-20. I do hate the arrogance of the SEC though, so I probably will root for you.

Do you think the suspended players are coming back next year? I'm just not buying that a guy who can get drafted is gonna come back for his senior year in college where he will be suspended for almost half the year. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me for them to come back, although I do think any NFL team would be morons to draft Pryor.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    For example, if you're an ohio st fan, how can you want wisconsin to win their bowl game? Don't you hate these teams? Doesn't make sense to me.
    like 81, I loathe MI but there's not that same level of hatred towards WI. Usually (tho not this year) OSU beats the badgers on a regular basis.....besides, there's a lot of good beer drinking people in WI.

and I could really not care less which big ten team finishes higher....they do all pretty much suck :roll: . the badgers blew their chance. they coulda and shoulda won.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    if you don't think conrence bowl record means anything in regards to what the nation thinks about a confrence, you are nuts.

i've got no problem with most big ten teams outside of MI. living in IL, i've developed a little hatred for IL. I enjoy watching NW and WI and Iowa, and look forward to NE joining next year, even tho they lost thier bowl game as well.

IL and Iowa are the only winners right? fuck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i hate to say it, but i've had enough of pryor.

he reminds me too much of his good buddy lebron.

:(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,451
    i'm actually happy these bcs games are on basic cable this year...

don't have to worry about my seinfeld reruns getting preempted :lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    stanford-tree.png

:thumbup:
  • Options

the matchups this year have been terrible.

all the games combined, i've watched maybe 1.5 games total. maybe
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    81 wrote:

the matchups this year have been terrible.

all the games combined, i've watched maybe 1.5 games total. maybe

This is true, they should have had Stanford play Bama and Oklahoma could have smashed Michigan State. VT and UConn should have played since they represented the worst BCS conferences, and the game might have been competitive.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    c'mon, Bucks. don't embarrass the conference any further.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    c'mon, Bucks. don't embarrass the conference any further.

you mean all the crap with pryor and the other guys isn't enough.

Pryor has been pulled over three times in three years. everytime was in a "loaner" car from a local used dealership because his was in the shop. then of course, they let him "check out" an SUV by driving it back to PA because he wanted his family to look at it.

I know this shit goes on all over the country. but man, don't be a dick. and every time Kirk Heirbstreet says anything negative about Pryor, Pryor tweets something stupid to bash Kirk and his record vs. MI. You don't toss former buckeyes under the bus like that. Kirk is just doing his job as a analyst and for the record, i think he does a nice unbiased job.

I hope he turns pro or transfers to play basketball at anouther school. I've had enough of him already. I'll take a crappy break in a new Qb season next year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I hope he turns pro or transfers to play basketball at anouther school. I've had enough of him already. I'll take a crappy break in a new Qb season next year.
    agreed. at least le bron handled being the prodigy with a little bit of class.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

that's debatable.

he was rollinga round in a H2 back in HS even tho it was clear his parents couldn't afford it. Lebron is the poster child for spoiled silver spoon sport star.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:

that's debatable.

he was rollinga round in a H2 back in HS even tho it was clear his parents couldn't afford it. Lebron is the poster child for spoiled silver spoon sport star.
    yes, he was spoiled. but, even with the H2 etc. he handled himself way better.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options