Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,616
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bolden is not gone yet. Paterno denied his transfer request. This could get interesting.

that just means he would have to sit out a year if he transfers? right?

From what I am reading he can't accept a scholarship or speak to any school until Penn State releases him, so it looks like he is stuck for the time being. If they release him and he goes to an FBS school he will have to sit out a year regardless, if he goes FCS he won't have to sit out.

Strange situation, lots more to come I am sure. His mom wants him to stay but his dad wants him to leave.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,357
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bolden is not gone yet. Paterno denied his transfer request. This could get interesting.

From what I am reading he can't accept a scholarship or speak to any school until Penn State releases him, so it looks like he is stuck for the time being. If they release him and he goes to an FBS school he will have to sit out a year regardless, if he goes FCS he won't have to sit out.

Strange situation, lots more to come I am sure. His mom wants him to stay but his dad wants him to leave.

he should transfer to delaware.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,616

Are you related to Pat Devlin or some shit?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    the offense was only decent in games agaist mid level opponents. agaist anyone with a real D, the offense was terrible.

You can't expect a team to score on every drive verses a good defense. Especially when the team is constantly starting a drive on the 20 and no turnovers.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    What about the half dozen perfect pass's that were dropped? It's always the last bad play that's remembered.[/quote]

agreed....but you could also say the buckeyes should have had a couple more picks.

either way, good game and boy am i glad to get a bowl win vs the sec.[/quote]

Arkansas should of had a few picks too. It was a descent game.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well in that case it's up to who gets more money his mom or his dad. Wait a minute wrong team. Sorry. That doesn't happen anywhere else.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,357
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Are you related to Pat Devlin or some shit?

dude had a legit chance to be one of, if not the, best qb in school history and they let him walk.

yeah i'm a little bitter :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He wouldn't have to sit out a year if he went to a school offering a major that they don't offer at Penn St. ala Jerimiah Masoli.
    #FHP
  • Options

Strange situation, lots more to come I am sure. His mom wants him to stay but his dad wants him to leave.[/quote]
    He wouldn't have to sit out a year if he went to a school offering a major that they don't offer at Penn St. ala Jerimiah Masoli.[/quote]

I believe the loop hole with that is if you graduate.

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    the offense was only decent in games agaist mid level opponents. agaist anyone with a real D, the offense was terrible.

You can't expect a team to score on every drive verses a good defense. Especially when the team is constantly starting a drive on the 20 and no turnovers.

Lets see.

Teams with decent defenses and what MI put up on them

MSU - 17
    Iowa - 28
    PSU - 31
    WI - 28
    OSU - 7
    Miss - 14

MSU - 20
    Iowa - 28
    PSU - 10
    WI - 24
    OSU - 10

WI - 27
    Toledo - 10 (had to toss in my school)
    PSU - 17
    MSU - 21
    OSU - 7

few decent offensive showings there. Not as bad as i had orginally thought (at least until you get to OSU and Toledo)

anyways, Rich Rod is officially gone now. He never got what MI was all about and he always looked like a turd on the sidelines with his zip tie jacket.

Ohio+State+v+Michigan+n3UR1ico0gal.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Rich Rod needed 4-5 years for the spread to work. He had the players on offense, but the defense was so bad and he did not fix it. If the defense had been even somewhat improving from last year to this one, I think his job would have been saved. It went from bad to worst. Back to square one for UM. Whats even funnier is this post I read.
    http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/01/05/jim-harbaugh-wants-pete-carroll-money-and-thats-mostly-because-of-miami-owner-stephen-ross/#more-75140
    Crazy to think that an alumni, and a huge one at that, may have helped kill UM's chances at Harbaugh.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    good post. PJsteeler

it will be interesting to see who MI ultimatly lands.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    UM should never have bought into hype of the spread when they did not have the players to run it, and knew it would take 4-5 years to build that kind of team. Back to square 1. If they can't land Harbaugh, which looks like he is going to the NFL, they are in trouble.

Maybe they go after Leach :lol:

apparently leach is going to maryland
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The Fixer wrote:
    UM should never have bought into hype of the spread when they did not have the players to run it, and knew it would take 4-5 years to build that kind of team. Back to square 1. If they can't land Harbaugh, which looks like he is going to the NFL, they are in trouble.

Randy Edsall is the new coach for Maryland.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

haha, was away for work training for the last couple of days. so I guess I'm wrong about leach.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

As a UMD alumni, I can't even get started on how Maryland's AD has screwed the football program. Edsall is Friedgen 2.0.
    I said Leach as a joke since he could run his air riad offense at UM since the offensive peices were in place. UM I would think would stay away from a potential risk like Leach.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
  • Options
    I'm pissed off the way Edsall handled the situation by not letting the team know and not letting anyone else know.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'm pissed off the way Edsall handled the situation by not letting the team know and not letting anyone else know.

I'm pissed at how UMD handled the situation. Said they were going to spend money and get a big name, then got the same coach, but younger. At least Edsall can not be as bad with the Alumni as Fridge was.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

I'm pissed at how UMD handled the situation. Said they were going to spend money and get a big name, then got the same coach, but younger. At least Edsall can not be as bad with the Alumni as Fridge was.
    I know it's just me but I still like Edsall for all that he did for the UConn football program and for the school.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,543
    the outcome of that game was never in doubt :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

:lol::lol:

just imagine of arkansas could actually catch the easy passes :lol:
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I know it's just me but I still like Edsall for all that he did for the UConn football program and for the school.
    I think he is a good coach too. And I think at UMD he will be OK. I just don't see him as the guy that takes them to a top 10-15 team. I hope he proves everyone around here wrong and has them compete with Virginia Tech, Miami, and Florida State. But the Maryland's AD should not have got everyone's hope up, especially by letting everone know that Leach was a top choice at first. It just has bad signs, the way Maryland fired thier coach, and the way Edsall left Uconn.

Plus Maryland said they wanted to generate excitment and get fans to buy tickets. Leach would have done that as soon as he was hired. Edsall, not so much. He was the "safe" hire. At least there is some talent on the team and will be able to win games next year in the ACC.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,543
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

don't tell me you're a buckeye hater, too :shock:
    if so, it's amazing I could like a guy with such warped allegiances :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

my parents are from detroit and went to michigan

i'm still amazed i even let you in my house, let alone sleep on the couch! ;):lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

norm...he is a bad man.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Lets see.

Teams with decent defenses and what MI put up on them

MSU - 17
    Iowa - 28
    PSU - 31
    WI - 28
    OSU - 7
    Miss - 14

MSU - 20
    Iowa - 28
    PSU - 10
    WI - 24
    OSU - 10

WI - 27
    Toledo - 10 (had to toss in my school)
    PSU - 17
    MSU - 21
    OSU - 7

few decent offensive showings there. Not as bad as i had orginally thought (at least until you get to OSU and Toledo)

anyways, Rich Rod is officially gone now. He never got what MI was all about and he always looked like a turd on the sidelines with his zip tie jacket.

Wow classy comment

• Options
    :lol:

his winter attire was brutal. what do you want me to say?

it's not like i said deaf people should live by the airport. :lol:

you are like part of the 2.5% that actually liked Rich Rod. not sure why. :lol:

don't take anything too personal. i'm a buckeye fan, i've got to hate on MI. Rich Rod just maked it easy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    :lol:

his winter attire was brutal. what do you want me to say?

it's not like i said deaf people should live by the airport. :lol:

you are like part of the 2.5% that actually liked Rich Rod. not sure why. :lol:

don't take anything too personal. i'm a buckeye fan, i've got to hate on MI. Rich Rod just maked it easy.

I"m not taking it personal. We have done the same thing back in past coach history.

Seriously I'm more pissed off at the b.s. internally that was their the entire time than anything else. Nobody can win in that kind of negativeness. Seriously.

90% of the people complaining are fair weather fans, that only know what scrolls across the bottom of the ESPN screen. And right now that screen says "Harbaugh or Hoke are the only answer".

Hoke, 48-51 over 10 years or something like that. Wow.....

Oh and just don't throw any 9 volt batteries at me when I'm in Columbus... :D

• Options
    i think your fair weather fan thing isn't on target. you are one of the very few rich rod supporters that i have come across.

i will say 95% of college football fans have been laughing at michigan since the appalaician state loss.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i will say 95% of college football fans have been laughing at michigan since the appalaician state loss.
    I'm one of them for sure
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all