Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:
    I guess the Pac-10 knows not to make this same mistake when they name their divisions.

and they put natural rivals in the same division and kept usc's games with cal and stanford in tact
    What are the divisions?

south:
    usc
    ucla
    arizona
    asu
    colorado
    utah

north:
    cal
    stanford
    oregon
    osu
    washington
    wsu
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    you don't want OSU, PSU, Wisconsin, NE, Iowa all in the same division becasue they are all generally good year in and year out.

really????????????

nebraska and ohio st are gonna be playing for the championship almost every year
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    you don't want OSU, PSU, Wisconsin, NE, Iowa all in the same division becasue they are all generally good year in and year out.

really????????????

nebraska and ohio st are gonna be playing for the championship almost every year

i don't know about that. PSU and Wisconsin both put out solid teams every year. This year you would have WI play in the championship game agaist MSU or NE depending on how NE would have played.

I can't wait for the first NE/OSU matchup in lincoln next year. NE is a great addition to the football side of things.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

really????????????

i don't know about that. PSU and Wisconsin both put out solid teams every year. This year you would have WI play in the championship game agaist MSU or NE depending on how NE would have played.

I can't wait for the first NE/OSU matchup in lincoln next year. NE is a great addition to the football side of things.

nebraska would have been the best team in the big 10. by far.

PSU stinks. they got destroyed by a shitty illinois team in happy valley.

the big 10 is a joke. I just heard this...ohio st is 0-9 all time vs SEC teams in bowl games, losing to 7 different teams. If arkansas beats them, they will be the 8th team to have beaten OSU.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

the big 10 is a joke. I just heard this...ohio st is 0-9 all time vs SEC teams in bowl games, losing to 7 different teams. If arkansas beats them, they will be the 8th team to have beaten OSU.

big ten gets no love. SEC guys love to toss out that sec stat.

PSU was in a rebuilding year this year, breaking in a new qb. give them a couple of years and they will be back at the top of the big ten standings. OSU and WI would have both been good games vs. NE. Maybe even MSU. they got so lucky this year.

overall, the big ten had a solid season. two more BCS teams. OSU going to their 7th in a row. and, yes i know it's hard to believe, but the buckeyes have a winning record in BCS games. WI is a very solid team that can run over just about anybody in the country, or the can toss it around if they want. They also have a good defense. Don't over look the badgers in the Rose bowl.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

big ten gets no love. SEC guys love to toss out that sec stat.

PSU was in a rebuilding year this year, breaking in a new qb. give them a couple of years and they will be back at the top of the big ten standings. OSU and WI would have both been good games vs. NE. Maybe even MSU. they got so lucky this year.

overall, the big ten had a solid season. two more BCS teams. OSU going to their 7th in a row. and, yes i know it's hard to believe, but the buckeyes have a winning record in BCS games. WI is a very solid team that can run over just about anybody in the country, or the can toss it around if they want. They also have a good defense. Don't over look the badgers in the Rose bowl.

OSU goes to a BCS game every year becasue they play in a shit conference. OSU has a good program...no doubt.

Wisconsin is an underdog vs TCU. That should tell you something. mich st is a 10 point dog in their game. PSU is getting 7 in their game. Of course the games have yet to be played, but these point spreads show you how good that conference was this year. the best team PSU beat was michigan, who blows. iowa lost to a dead fish minnesota team. Just not a good conference at all
  • Options
    Big Ten gets no respect.

Every team by the Buckeyes are dogs. :lol:

you really can't argue with any of the lines except for WI. I just don't buy that TCU being a favorite. yeah, they didn't give up any points, but they didn't play ANYBODY. The only decent team they played was Utah who lost to an average (at best) ND team.

The rest of the games you really can't argue the line.

I'd say, top to bottom, the Big Ten was either the 2nd or 3rd best confrence this year behind the SEC (fuck) and maybe the Big 12.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Big Ten gets no respect.

you really can't argue with any of the lines except for WI. I just don't buy that TCU being a favorite. yeah, they didn't give up any points, but they didn't play ANYBODY. The only decent team they played was Utah who lost to an average (at best) ND team.

I'd say, top to bottom, the Big Ten was either the 2nd or 3rd best confrence this year behind the SEC (fuck) and maybe the Big 12.

the pac 10 was the 2nd best conference...then the big 12...then I guess the big 10. after the top 3 you can take your pick from the rest of the trash.

I'm really looking forward to the tcu/wisconsin game. should be a good one. wisconsin didn't play anyone this year, except for ohio st. I give them credit for winning that game, but otherwise they beat up on scrub teams...just like tcu did
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Big Ten gets no respect.

the pac 10 was the 2nd best conference...then the big 12...then I guess the big 10. after the top 3 you can take your pick from the rest of the trash.

I'm really looking forward to the tcu/wisconsin game. should be a good one. wisconsin didn't play anyone this year, except for ohio st. I give them credit for winning that game, but otherwise they beat up on scrub teams...just like tcu did

no way is teh pac 10 the second best confrence. they have two good teams, a few decent teams and a bunch of 3rd tier teams.

and Wisconsin played more than the Buckeyes. they lost to MSU who had a solid albeit lucky season. Iowa isn't a push over, all they acted that way down the stretch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Big Ten gets no respect.

no way is teh pac 10 the second best confrence. they have two good teams, a few decent teams and a bunch of 3rd tier teams.

the big 10 is all 3rd tier teams!!! iowa, psu, illinois, michigan, etc. And I'll take the top pac 10 teams (oregon, stanford) over wisconsin/osu this year. not even close.

purdue, indiana, nw, minn...yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck

I don't get the fascination with the big 10. so overrated
  • Options
    just remember, OSU beat basically that same Oregon team last year in teh Rose Bowl.

purdue is rebuilding after Tiller left.

NW is a good program for what that school is. heck, go look at the basketball team if you need any further clues as to what they are. :lol:

IN....well, they just suck.

i need to find a site that breaks the regular season matchs up by confrence.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    the big 10 is full of schools whose perception is built more on tradition than recent performance. the conference just isn't good right now
  • Options
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/conference

right or wrong, it seems the "pro's" agree with my assement of the big 10
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    81 wrote:

computers never lie.

and fixer may have a short memory when it comes to nebraska. they were losing at least 5 games a year up until a couple years ago.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

computers never lie.

and fixer may have a short memory when it comes to nebraska. they were losing at least 5 games a year up until a couple years ago.

bo pelini. beast. they are gonna dominate their division in the big 10. DOMINATE
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    bo pelini. beast. they are gonna dominate their division in the big 10. DOMINATE

short term, i don't think anyone will argue this.

the other division is defiantly better.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

what are they thinking with those stupid names though?

the big east (for basketball) needs to split up into two divisions ASAP.

edit---is the big 10 split also for hoops??
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Uhhh, I think the Big East basketball did split up... like 15 years ago.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Uhhh, I think the Big East basketball did split up... like 15 years ago.

they did?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    they did?
    you know I am completely wrong, I could swear the changed the schedules so that they worked on a division basis..
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    they did?
    you know I am completely wrong, I could swear the changed the schedules so that they worked on a division basis..

they did change the schedules where not everyone plays each team twice anymore....and they expanded the amount of teams for the conference tourney. but i don't think they've ever gone divisional....they really should though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i assume i'm the only one watching the fcs semis right now?

this f#cking bright red turf is giving me the biggest headache ever. what the hell was eastern wash thinking??

go nova.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

this f#cking bright red turf is giving me the biggest headache ever. what the hell was eastern wash thinking??

go nova.

what is the fcs you speak of?

several teams have copied boise state in turf changing color shit. green is the only color a field should ever be.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

go nova.

is this epic contest being televised?
  • Options
    norm wrote:

go nova.

espn 5
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

go nova.

espn 5

espn-8-the-ocho-300x235.jpg
  • Options
    ok that field is nauseating
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    ok that field is nauseating

after 3 hours of looking at that in crystal clear hd picture quality, my eyes are permanently damaged. what a disgrace.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

go nova.

much more common sense there than the bowl system... :mrgreen:

did you hear about mark cuban's idea?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

go nova.

much more common sense there than the bowl system... :mrgreen:

did you hear about mark cuban's idea?

playoffs would be nice.

i read teh cuban thing. the article i read said it wasn't so much a money issue as it was the confrences not wanting to change.

i'm losing hope of ever seeing a playoff.

i'd say everyone should skip the bcs championship game and not watch it, but we all know that will never happen.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg