The wedding thread

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I think you are too lazy to decide.

then youd be wrong... and so now its BYO. :P

Fine. I'll need help carrying this cooler.

whats a cooler?? 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Yeh, I've already got most of those songs sorted out. It's just the first dance really... there's nothing all that special to both of us :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaO4XeHhwo8
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    Yeh, I've already got most of those songs sorted out. It's just the first dance really... there's nothing all that special to both of us :?

You're a bad, bad man...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:

You're a bad, bad man...

But funny! :lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

then youd be wrong... and so now its BYO. :P

whats a cooler?? 8-)

Here we go again...

;)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:

You're a bad, bad man...

tee hee

:mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    dunkman wrote:

:mrgreen: I could TELL him it's gonna be Mariah or something and then just surprise him :mrgreen: it would be a wonderful surprise :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Your wedding sounds like an 'un-wedding'! :mrgreen:
    Aww it's not really!
    In a nice way. Like un-birthdays! :mrgreen: Good fun, they are! :mrgreen:
    :mrgreen: or boring!

Oh I need ideas for cheap (or free :mrgreen: ) entertainment too :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623

I can do you some Irish style dancing Helen. It won't cost you a lot either.

Dunk can do a bagpipe solo, and I hear all HE charges is a battered Mars bar!

Oh, and Sian is a kickass MC ;)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
    audiodave wrote:

I can do you some Irish style dancing Helen. It won't cost you a lot either.

Dunk can do a bagpipe solo, and I hear all HE charges is a battered Mars bar!

Oh, and Sian is a kickass MC ;)
    that is indeed good to know :D and what do ya mean cost a lot? :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Oh God I'm getting really depressed looking for wedding bands... firstly I don't want a WEDDING band... I want a pub band... not someone who's gonna play all the stuff our parents dance to. Secondly, they're all cringeworthy and shite! It's seriously really fucking depressing and they're charging about 2,000 for a couple of hours and I am NOT paying that... I don't know how to find one without going through millions of websites and any websites that have a lot only seem to have the usual more 'established' (i.e. old) bands.

It's terrible... I can't have a wedding without a band :oops: :cry: SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

whats a cooler?? 8-)

Here we go again...

;)

you shut up. youre here to carry the heavy stuff not speak. :P ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Oh God I'm getting really depressed looking for wedding bands... firstly I don't want a WEDDING band... I want a pub band... not someone who's gonna play all the stuff our parents dance to. Secondly, they're all cringeworthy and shite! It's seriously really fucking depressing and they're charging about 2,000 for a couple of hours and I am NOT paying that... I don't know how to find one without going through millions of websites and any websites that have a lot only seem to have the usual more 'established' (i.e. old) bands.

It's terrible... I can't have a wedding without a band :oops: :cry: SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Where are you based?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:

Where are you based?
    I'm in England... but getting married in Galway. So it's not like I can just go into all the pubs on a Saturday night an go 'they're good... I'll get their number' :oops: My dad lives there... but I can't ask him for help on this one cos he'll prefer the more 'established' ones :D . Thierry Henry has been a great help to me though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

hmmm... turns out youtube is a better friend than google. Myspace may also be on my christmas card list.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Oh I may have found the band :mrgreen: just the kinda music I was looking for and cheaper than other bands... but still would like them to come down a bit... ah... I may have to sacrifice the flowers and the cars completely if they don't :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Oh, no!! You can't have a wedding without flowers!

What kind are you thinking of getting?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    Oh, no!! You can't have a wedding without flowers!

What kind are you thinking of getting?
    well, rock with some Irish... kinda trad rock I guess.

I dunno, flowers are lovely and all... but 200euro will get SFA so it's not worth my time really... and I ain't spending more than that on flowers cos that's just stupid :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408

I dunno, flowers are lovely and all... but 200euro will get SFA so it's not worth my time really... and I ain't spending more than that on flowers cos that's just stupid :mrgreen:

:D

Well, in the grand scheme of things, music probably IS more important. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:

:D

Well, in the grand scheme of things, music probably IS more important. ;)
    :D see that's what I reckon. If we have all the other details, we can't afford a band :oops: I'd rather have a great band and cut back on the details.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Now I have another dilemma... another band has got back to me. They're an original band though, don't do covers... they would do a set for an hour followed by a DJ... they're really good and it could be like a gig I guess... but should I just go for the covers band to please everybody... or is a wedding the place to showcase a good proper band?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Now I have another dilemma... another band has got back to me. They're an original band though, don't do covers... they would do a set for an hour followed by a DJ... they're really good and it could be like a gig I guess... but should I just go for the covers band to please everybody... or is a wedding the place to showcase a good proper band?

I would say if you like them and think they're good then have them. The DJ will play probably play a bit of everything for everyone else.
    Claireack wrote:

I would say if you like them and think they're good then have them. The DJ will play probably play a bit of everything for everyone else.
    hmm... they may be a little heavy to come on BEFORE the dj... maybe in the middle of the dj set. I would say at the end of the night but everyone might be too hammerd by then lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Claireack wrote:

hmm... they may be a little heavy to come on BEFORE the dj... maybe in the middle of the dj set. I would say at the end of the night but everyone might be too hammerd by then lol.

Good point! :lol:
    Claireack wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

Good point! :lol:
    shite, they're really good though. And ANOTHER original band has come back to me even cheaper :oops: just waiting to find out how long their set is though. If it's only for an hour like this one, is it really worth their while coming to set up and stuff? :oops: ah I'm confused... have this band in the background and they're really really good.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    On bands ... been to more weddings that don't have one then do ... lots just have a dj so unless it's what you really want for your day then don't feel it's something you have to do if it's gonna blow your budget.

On original bands again if it's a band you really enjoy and want to spend the money on go for it :mrgreen: ... but if you think about how much attention is paid to a support band and how much they're enjoyed (trying to think of a comparison :P) it may be similar for them as if people don't recognise any of the music they probably won't pay too much attention :oops: ... and be waiting for the stuff they will recognise.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    On bands ... been to more weddings that don't have one then do ... lots just have a dj so unless it's what you really want for your day then don't feel it's something you have to do if it's gonna blow your budget.

On original bands again if it's a band you really enjoy and want to spend the money on go for it :mrgreen: ... but if you think about how much attention is paid to a support band and how much they're enjoyed (trying to think of a comparison :P) it may be similar for them as if people don't recognise any of the music they probably won't pay too much attention :oops: ... and be waiting for the stuff they will recognise.
    To be honest, it's probably the most important thing I'm gonna book on the day. I've noticed that in England the band isn't really done :oops: but it's quite important for me... I'd rather give up the rest of the stuff :D

Yeh, I know what ya mean about the original bands... but I've found a pretty damn good bluegrassy type one that'd have people up dancing regardless of whether they know the stuff. Only problem is... some of the lyrics may offend the older folks :mrgreen: . The other original band just may be too heavy... I think what you say definitely applies to rock bands. But then think of smaller gigs... the support act always gets plenty of attention (compared to the larger shows when people don't really care)

But i have a decent cover band for slightly over budget anyway
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Then like I said if it's what you want go for it :D

My Dad's in a band that sometimes play weddings ... want to move the wedding to Scotland ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    Then like I said if it's what you want go for it :D

My Dad's in a band that sometimes play weddings ... want to move the wedding to Scotland ;)
    oh but it's such a responsibility to find the right one :? if they're even simply average it could ruin the day :mrgreen:

Does your dad fancy a holiday to Ireland anytime soon? :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    my son is getting married the end of this month. yes, it's rather shot-gun. he and his fiancee are driving me bonkers because they still keep changing their minds...so getting them to reach a decision on things, then letting me know ain't happening. it's not going to be a big wedding...still everyone keeps asking me about certain basic details but i can't answer them. :?

oh well...at least it's next to the duty-free :mrgreen:

they're getting married at the peach arch park...hopefullly this doesn't mean that it's going to be a clusterfuck in two countries :lolno:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~