The wedding thread

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Oh I figured that much. I'm not judging your friend, i'm sure they earn their money and are entitled to spend it however they choose... but it's not for me.

They didn't pay for the majority and were very lucky. It was a lovely lovely day, but I am sure there were areas which could have been changed to reduce the price. To be fair the venue was half the problem...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Yep, that's two different ones... and I think they were both English :D one definitely was.

In fairness, I wouldn't say they got the conveyor belt feeling... I just hope they were staying on a different town on the lake otherwise they may have got it :oops:

I hope so too, for their sake.

There's enough venues in this country that have a conveyor belt feeling... one wedding I went to, my friend (the bride) came face to face with another bride in the corridor and on her way our was told she couldn't use that particular exit because ANOTHER bride was having photos outside :shock:

Yeh, my venue could well be like that :oops: :D although they may have said it's one a day. I don't really mind though, as long as it wouldn't hold me up much... but I think it would be cool to maybe bump into another one and get hammered together :mrgreen: ok, maybe not lol.

I think there could be one more wedding happening on our day but that's it... like you say, it can't be helped and maybe we could get hammered together too :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I hope so too, for their sake.

There's enough venues in this country that have a conveyor belt feeling... one wedding I went to, my friend (the bride) came face to face with another bride in the corridor and on her way our was told she couldn't use that particular exit because ANOTHER bride was having photos outside :shock:

Yeh, my venue could well be like that :oops: :D although they may have said it's one a day. I don't really mind though, as long as it wouldn't hold me up much... but I think it would be cool to maybe bump into another one and get hammered together :mrgreen: ok, maybe not lol.

I think there could be one more wedding happening on our day but that's it... like you say, it can't be helped and maybe we could get hammered together too :lol:
    Nah, it'd be cool to meet one random stranger going through something like that on the same day as me :mrgreen: and if she's prettier and thinner I can always fuck off back into my own room and lock the door to stop everyone else from leaving :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you

Or share decorations and halve the price :lol::D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Nah, it'd be cool to meet one random stranger going through something like that on the same day as me :mrgreen: and if she's prettier and thinner I can always fuck off back into my own room and lock the door to stop everyone else from leaving :mrgreen:

:lol: The old 'jealous bride locks her guests and self in room' trick... classic ;):lol:
    dottles wrote:
    Oh I figured that much. I'm not judging your friend, i'm sure they earn their money and are entitled to spend it however they choose... but it's not for me.

They didn't pay for the majority and were very lucky. It was a lovely lovely day, but I am sure there were areas which could have been changed to reduce the price. To be fair the venue was half the problem...

As long as they were happy, everyone had a good day and it lived up to their expectations then who am I to judge? Alls good in the hood... I was just saying that it's not for me :mrgreen:

Right, i'm offski to watch Big Brother... laters girlies xx
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• dottles wrote:

:lol: I don't think Dave will do the whole wedding share thing :lol:;)

Night x

dottles wrote:

I've heard of that being done too... pretty clever :mrgreen: although our venue covers a lot anyway so there wouldnt' be much to do... just the church. I WOULD like to get a loada flowers for the church... but it's ridiculous money :oops:

Oh I'm having my niece sing at the ceremony too... she's already learned two songs. Although I might think of more and get her to do all of them. I don't really want hymns cos in my experience nobody sings and it always ends up sounding horrible and awkward and people looking at eachother and giggling :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    dottles wrote:

:lol: I don't think Dave will do the whole wedding share thing :lol:;)

Night x
    Dave? ;):lol: Yeh, like he's got a say in anything! :D

Nighty night... am watchin it too!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Night girlies :D thanks for letting me invade your thread for a while
    On the bows, have a look for wired ribbon on the net, often they sell it just for weddings which will no doubt be more expensive...
    dottles wrote:
    Night girlies :D thanks for letting me invade your thread for a while
    On the bows, have a look for wired ribbon on the net, often they sell it just for weddings which will no doubt be more expensive...
    will do... ya know some people pay a lot of money for these kinds of tips :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    whats your wedding song first dance?
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

just breathe....

am i the only american in this thread getting married?! :o
    www.myspace.com
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412

just breathe....

I am Jeag !! you and me both dude
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly

just breathe....

ROCK AND ROLL BROTHER!
    www.myspace.com
    Not sure if we're actually gonna HAVE a first dance :oops: we don't really have a song and don't really want one :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Not sure if we're actually gonna HAVE a first dance :oops: we don't really have a song and don't really want one :D

Your wedding sounds like an 'un-wedding'! :mrgreen:
  • just breathe....

Congrats boys! :D

We have our first dance... it's songs for the rest of the wedding we're struggling with :roll:

I have my aisle song sorted too 8-)

just breathe....

We have our first dance... it's songs for the rest of the wedding we're struggling with :roll:

this is the part i enjoy. coming up with the song list. my dj said to give him 15 must plays, 10 no plays, and about 100 songs we'd "like" to hear. i have months to play around with this though.
    www.myspace.com
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    this is the part i enjoy. coming up with the song list. my dj said to give him 15 must plays, 10 no plays, and about 100 songs we'd "like" to hear. i have months to play around with this though.

and being a guy itll take that long and still you wont be ready. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

Yeah, traditionally it's the MAN that is indecisive and stressed out about planning a wedding...

Yeah, traditionally it's the MAN that is indecisive and stressed out about planning a wedding...

no... i just dont think he gives enough of a shit about all the little bullshit details. which should be interesting if ever i dance with the devil and get wedded.. cause i dont give a shit either. but youre all invited for the sacrifice. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

no... i just dont think he gives enough of a shit about all the little bullshit details. which should be interesting if ever i dance with the devil and get wedded.. cause i dont give a shit either. but youre all invited for the sacrifice. 8-)

Will it be open bar?

Will it be open bar?

what do you think??? ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Will it be open bar?

what do you think??? ;)

I think you are too lazy to decide.

Will it be open bar?

what do you think??? ;)

then youd be wrong... and so now its BYO. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

what do you think??? ;)

then youd be wrong... and so now its BYO. :P

Fine. I'll need help carrying this cooler.
    just breathe....

Yeh, I've already got most of those songs sorted out. It's just the first dance really... there's nothing all that special to both of us :?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:

Aww it's not really!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,481

just breathe....

Me too!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:

Aww it's not really!
    In a nice way. Like un-birthdays! :mrgreen: Good fun, they are! :mrgreen: