The wedding thread

Comments

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    Helen, your case is so much more difficult. I don't know the extent of the problems with your mum, but a mum is a mum. Then again, they can be such bitches and dragons. Is this a good time to reconcile or not?
    I considered that... but no, I think the wedding is probably the worst time to try. My sister has tried before with things like christenings and that, and it's always ended in disaster. Also, her presence would make everyone uncomfortable... aunts and uncles and stuff. But her not being there will probably raise questions from other people. Really, there is no way to win. It was a long time ago what happened... and I've calmed down a lot about it. BUT calmed down to the point where I don't care at all... she's just someone who's tried to mess up a lot of lives... and not someone I would ever have a relationship with... so I guess to have her at the wedding would probably be just for show on my part.

I guess it's a whole other thread :D but one I don't really wanna get into.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • redrock wrote:
    If only the fickle people could see how awesome he is :(
    He would be even more awesome if he would get you a kittygirl ;)

I'd ask for one as a wedding gift but our landlady won't allow us to have another :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.

Ohhh I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. My mum can be a pain in the arse but I've never felt like that. I'm afraid I can't even begin to give you advice on it. I know you though and I know you wouldn't take a decision like that lightly... You need to do whatever makes you comfortable. You know I'm here if you need to rant about stuff like this though.

I think that is the case with my dilemma... I think they would draw a line under the friendship if they don't get a day invite but really, it'll be me drawing the line... maybe you're right, maybe I am ready to do that. It's sad but it may be true... I can only hope that our relationship does improve and i'll feel comfortable enough that I want them there all day. I genuinely do hope that but I can't see it happening :(

Can I just say though, Dave has been brilliant in all of this. He has said that he will accept if I want them there all day and won't make a deal out of it. He's said that it's entirely my decision and he supports me in whatever I do... If only the fickle people could see how awesome he is :(

Thank you :oops: maybe closer to the time it might be an issue... but right now I'm cool about it.

At least you've got another few months before you've to sort out your final list and do your invitations... so maybe spend a bit of time with them and see how you're feeling? If you're willing to draw a line under it, maybe have a chat... since there's nothing to lose?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:

I'd ask for one as a wedding gift but our landlady won't allow us to have another :(
    Ooohh ask for a house then :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:

She must have been thinking you are traumatizing your cats, making them wear jackets and doesn't want to be part of anymore animal cruelty! ;):mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:

Ooohh ask for a house then :D

We're already asking for a honeymoon! We can't take the piss! :lol:
    redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

She must have been thinking you are traumatizing your cats, making them wear jackets and doesn't want to be part of anymore animal cruelty! ;):mrgreen:

Enough of that! I told you why he has to wear the jacket! :evil:

It just kinda helps that it's funny, he goes all schmoozy in it and looks cute :oops: ;):mrgreen::lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

We're already asking for a honeymoon! We can't take the piss! :lol:

Oh it's worth a try! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    It just kinda helps that it's funny, he goes all schmoozy in it and looks cute :oops: ;):mrgreen::lol:
    He's just trendy.
    right... can somebody tell me how to find out where to get these shoes:

http://www.weddingsdesigns.com/page/40/

They pop up everywhere on a google image search... but none of the sites tell you what they are.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Those are pretty!
    redrock wrote:
    Those are pretty!
    and then there are these:

http://www.crystalbridalaccessories.co. ... a-hill.htm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Yeh I'm starting to get the whole shoe thing.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138

They pop up everywhere on a google image search... but none of the sites tell you what they are.
    Post on Confetti or somewhere I am sure someone has tracked them down :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Yeh I'm starting to get the whole shoe thing.

Welcome to the dark side! :mrgreen:
    dottles wrote:

Post on Confetti or somewhere I am sure someone has tracked them down :)
    good idea... are you like the wedding guru or wha? :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Getting married in a little over a month, not even sure of the venue yet.

:D
  • Getting married in a little over a month, not even sure of the venue yet.

Are you joking? Please tell me you're joking :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

• chimechime Posts: 7,838

Are you joking? Please tell me you're joking :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

My sister's whole wedding was planned start to finish in 6 weeks ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?

Nope! It will be one of two places... We should know on Friday. Still plenty of time!
  • *reads posts*

*meltdown*

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    *reads posts*

*meltdown*

calm down Sian, calm down!! :lol::lol:
    good idea... are you like the wedding guru or wha? :mrgreen:

Nah, I am just one of these very inane people, they call me google in my office - how sad is that!
    Plus my family is huge, thus lots of weddings :mrgreen:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    chime wrote:

So was mine. Actually planned within a week of deciding on possible date. Started with registry office - got the date, got venue same day (after calling a couple of venues who panicked when I was talking about 6 weeks away, we got one of those boats going down the river towards Windsor). The rest of the week was for the cake, catering, invitations, etc. Oh... my outfit was a bit at the last minute - the week-end before :oops:

It can be done Sian! :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:
    chime wrote:

So was mine. Actually planned within a week of deciding on possible date. Started with registry office - got the date, got venue same day (after calling a couple of venues who panicked when I was talking about 6 weeks away, we got one of those boats going down the river towards Windsor). The rest of the week was for the cake, catering, invitations, etc. Oh... my outfit was a bit at the last minute - the week-end before :oops:

It can be done Sian! :mrgreen:

I don't believe you :P

To be honest, our wedding plans would probably take that long if we sat down and condensed them, but, as i'm making a lot of stuff myself, it'll take a while. I do plan on having a couple of months free before the wedding though, as in everything done. I wouldn't be so bothered but my MoH is getting married 4 weeks before me... in Scotland :roll: :D

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561

Booked ours on the Tuesday or Wednesday - got married on the Friday. :D
    Claireack wrote:

That way he couldn't chicken out?
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Claireack wrote:

That way he couldn't chicken out?

Was still convinced right until we got there that he would!! :D (nagging works!)
    *reads posts*

*meltdown*
    it's ok Sian... it's not YOUR wedding :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Sian's cake selections:

weddingcakes14.jpg

:D8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:
    Sian's cake selections:

weddingcakes14.jpg

:D8-)

Haha! Thanks! :D Although I do really like those... you couldn't be further away from our cake :lol:

My friend had a Corpse Bride topper on a chocolate cake at her wedding 5 years ago, looked lovely so it did :D

• *reads posts*

*meltdown*
    it's ok Sian... it's not YOUR wedding :D
    *breathes into paper bag*

I'm ok... i'm ok... I just had scare for a minute there... I thought he said he's getting married in little over a month and doesn't have a venue yet! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:wtf:

Haha! Thanks! :D Although I do really like those... you couldn't be further away from our cake :lol:

My friend had a Corpse Bride topper on a chocolate cake at her wedding 5 years ago, looked lovely so it did :D
    I've asked my brother to make the cake :D I think he's terrified lol but I know he would do an amazing job if he figures out where to start. Even if it's a mess, I reckon it will be great.

For flowers, we haven't really got a budget :oops: so I might just buy my own bouquet and improvise with the rest. Anyone got any suggestions? :oops: I was in Italy a couple of weeks ago and there were a couple of weddings and they had this netting all over the place tied into bows and it looked lovely and really simple and classy so I might do something like that.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life