Options

Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Good luck with the solo gig. Let us know if you're ever playing in Houston.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Good luck with the solo gig. Let us know if you're ever playing in Houston.

thanks a lot!

and Gary...no worries about posting the blog!

here's the setlist for tomorrow's show.....
    photo1-10.jpg
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    last night was a lot of fun. big thanks to Better Dan, Flagg & themessenger for coming out! there were some other PJ folks there, but i didn't know their board names. in any case, thanks a lot for coming out you guys! it was a trip revisiting some of my old songs...some that i hadn't played in 10+ years. :shock: i also had some fun with a few covers...played Tom Petty's "Walls", did a duet with my wife on Damien Rice's "Cold Water" & even snuck in a little Pearl Jam by playing "Last Soldier." i really had a lot of fun. looking forward to the next show already!!

in Cluthe/Lee news....we have several songs that are just about done & we should be posting a couple of them this week. Chris just wrapped up the mixing for a song i wrote called "Red Clouds" & another song, "Unfolding" is just about done as well. we'll be sure to let you all know when they've been posted!

thanks again for the support, everyone. it means an awful lot to both of us.

Matt
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    It was a great show last night...really enjoyed the original tunes and covers. I'll be at the next one for sure!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    It was a great show last night...really enjoyed the original tunes and covers. I'll be at the next one for sure!

thanks, Daniel!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    two new songs (Unfolding/Red Clouds) will be on our site later this week! plenty of new music swirling between Dallas & Columbia these days! :)

thanks for listening,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hey everyone....
    we should have those 2 new songs (Unfolding/Red Clouds) up by the end of the weekend!

also, we're taking a new & exciting approach to mixing & mastering our 3rd album (still untitled at this time) & i'm just about to start working on the preliminary steps that we need to take. sorry that's so vague, but we want to see if it'll work out.

we'll let you know when those songs are posted!

have a great weekend...

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hi there....
    we just posted 2 new songs (Unfolding/Red Clouds) on our page! the web pages are listed below. we're really excited to share these songs with everyone, so take a listen!

thanks,
    Matt & Chris

listen: www.cluthelee.com
    read about: http://leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com/
    follow us: @clutheleemusic
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    new tunes bump.
    please listen.
    :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Great songs!!!! :clap::clap:
    Just had to listen from the PC, this stupid thing won't let me listen to them. Really enjoyed Red Clouds, like you said, can see it being great live. Hope one day to see you guys live, maybe in Oz hey? :P :D thanks for the stories behind both too, always makes it more interesting to know the backstory. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    mfc2006 wrote:
    new tunes bump.
    please listen.
    The new songs again are great guys! Red Clouds seems like a moment that had to be captured and I'm glad you did, it's a song that would be great to build an album around..... ;)

Just sayin'...... :D

Discovered that I can stream songs from the site perfectly from my android..... :D

What does the change of location mean for you now Matt?
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    new tunes bump.
    please listen.
    The new songs again are great guys! Red Clouds seems like a moment that had to be captured and I'm glad you did, it's a song that would be great to build an album around..... ;)

Just sayin'...... :D

Discovered that I can stream songs from the site perfectly from my android..... :D

What does the change of location mean for you now Matt?

thanks for listening, Gary! :) glad you liked Red Clouds....it's a quirky little song & that bridge comes out of nowhere. we had a lot of fun with that one! i'm also glad that you can stream the songs!

the move was a bit hectic & my wife & i are glad that it's over! we moved to Dallas for my wife's internship. the upside for me is...well, we aren't in Waco anymore! ha! also, there was nowhere to play live in Waco & that is not the case here. i've already played one show & have a few more lined up. so, it's allowing me to develop the new songs in front of an audience, gauge their reaction & bring those new idea/experiments back to recording with Chris. it's making me play more (which is good) & write more (which is great!).

it's only temporary, though. we'll be moving again later this year. we have our eyes on Portland or Seattle. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Bump
    New songs up at www.cluthelee.com
    "Unfolding" and "Red Clouds"
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    :shock: :o

holy crap. some cool news to share....

we've mentioned that we were having a sound engineer do the mastering for our 3rd album....well, we gave him all of the tracks for one of the album songs...a song called "It Spins" & it is blowing up in my ears. wow. chris & i both knew that this album had a different feel to it...it's a bit dirtier & louder...it rocks more. but damn. the mastering is taking it to a whole other level. so stoked to release this album & share it with you all. we won't be posting the mastered (final) versions online...they will only be available if you buy the cd/download (hopefully vinyl!).

thanks for the love & support!!!
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    :shock: :o

holy crap. some cool news to share....

we've mentioned that we were having a sound engineer do the mastering for our 3rd album....well, we gave him all of the tracks for one of the album songs...a song called "It Spins" & it is blowing up in my ears. wow. chris & i both knew that this album had a different feel to it...it's a bit dirtier & louder...it rocks more. but damn. the mastering is taking it to a whole other level. so stoked to release this album & share it with you all. we won't be posting the mastered (final) versions online...they will only be available if you buy the cd/download (hopefully vinyl!).

thanks for the love & support!!!
    Matt
    Wow that sounds really exciting, can't wait to hear the difference. Vinyl hey?...........wooooooooooooooooo! :D count me in for the CD anyway even if the vinyl doesn't happen. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    Wow that sounds really exciting, can't wait to hear the difference. Vinyl hey?...........wooooooooooooooooo! :D count me in for the CD anyway even if the vinyl doesn't happen. ;)

thanks, Lorna! we're really excited!!! :D:D we can't guarantee a vinyl release, but we're certainly looking into it. it's so expensive & our band is 100% self-funded, so we'll see. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

thanks, Lorna! we're really excited!!! :D:D we can't guarantee a vinyl release, but we're certainly looking into it. it's so expensive & our band is 100% self-funded, so we'll see. :)
    That's understandable, I've heard its pretty pricey. Look forward to the albums release anyway! ;)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    2/28 Update!

-Two new songs (Crooked Building/In My Time) have been posted!
    -New blog with song notes, album news, Austin Wishlist pre-party news has also been posted!
    -The links:
    (to listen)
    www.cluthelee.com
    (to read)
    http://clutheleemusic.blogspot.com/

thanks for the support, everyone!!

-Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    new song bump! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    we'd love to hear your thoughts about the new songs......
    good or bad!

thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    happy friday!

i'm excited to start working on vocals & lead guitar for a new song that Chris wrote later tonight. my neighbors are going to love me. :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Hey Matt and Chris! :wave:
    Finally listening to those last new songs this morning, they sound great! Liked the mellow, In My Time but now Crooked Building is getting me more geared up for Soundwave festival today! Woooooooooooo! Thanks again for sending me those mp3s, my PC is dick face! :roll:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    Hey Matt and Chris! :wave:
    Finally listening to those last new songs this morning, they sound great! Liked the mellow, In My Time but now Crooked Building is getting me more geared up for Soundwave festival today! Woooooooooooo! Thanks again for sending me those mp3s, my PC is dick face! :roll:

hey! thanks, Lorna!! glad you like them! :)

we should have some new tunes out within the next week or so...our "working song list" is growing by the day. there are a couple that are nearly finished that i'm really excited about...."The Ghost" & "First Light"...

cheers!
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    good or bad!

thanks!
    Hey guys, nice work again! Crooked Building caught my attention the quickest, there's almost a whiff of Mark Lanegan in there for me and the guitar sound is really great by the way. I know it's not really heavy but it's definately approaching a harder style than a lot of your previous stuff, I like it! Hopefully album three will have a few of these. Not to say I don't love the more mellow stuff! I wasn't so sure about In My Time at first but I was listening to it really late and didn't want to wake the baby so I gave it a couple more listens through the headphones and that was all the problem was, I just didn't play it loud enough! I think what you guys are doing is on par or better than a lot of established, successful artists so hang in there and keep producing this fine music and someone will sit up and really take notice. I have to say as a final point, I think you guys have really improved as writers but more so as musicians and to be gelling so well when you are virtual strangers in the flesh is pretty astounding.... :clap:

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    thanks for your thoughts & support, Gary!! :)

song update....
    2 new songs (The Ghost/Give Yourself Away) are entering the mixing stage & should be posted within the next week or two. they sound completely different & we're excited to share them!

recording update....
    i had some fun recording with the mandolin today. there's a great tune called First Light that sounds nice with a little mandolin here & there. then there's a new song i wrote on the mandolin called Snapshot. it's always fun to break away from your comfort zone & try something new.

photo3-13.jpg
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    good or bad!

thanks!
    I have to say as a final point, I think you guys have really improved as writers but more so as musicians and to be gelling so well when you are virtual strangers in the flesh is pretty astounding.... :clap:
    Well said Garry. :D

Can't wait to hear the new songs, especially with the mandolin in it. Great stuff! ;)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    (quick update of sorts...)

Two new songs (The Ghost/Give Yourself Away) are coming soon......Give Yourself Away is done & mixed...The Ghost is getting close! We'll be releasing them at the same time.

The mandolin song (Snapshot) is still in the recording stages. Chris' parts are done and mine are as well....I just need to record my wife's vocals & then I'll start mixing!! I can't wait to hear how she sings this song! :)

Cheers,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    i'd like to wish a very happy birthday to bandmate & one of my best friends....

Cheers, Chris!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    super quick update:
    two new songs (The Ghost/Give Yourself Away) are close to being finished & should be posted online next week!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Looking forward to new songs as usual Matt. Pass the birthday wishes on to Chris from the veddertown household.... :D