Options

Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    mfc2006 wrote:
    photo3-15.jpg
    no, this isn't the artwork...ha! but we did decide on the title of our 3rd album (due out this Fall). pre-orders for Where It Began will start in mid-to-late Summer! :D

Looking forward to no.3 Matt. I caught a couple of your songs while playing random at work and it was a nice surprise... Sundown and On A Wire.. :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I'll preorder the vinyl!

:lol: I know it's too damn expensive to make, but damn that would be cool. Count me in for a pre-order.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    :o I have been M.I.A. around here lately, have a lot of exciting stuff to catch up on by the looks of it! Great stuff! :D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    I'll preorder the vinyl!

:lol: I know it's too damn expensive to make, but damn that would be cool. Count me in for a pre-order.

Trust me....we want to have it pressed on vinyl. WAY too expensive, man.

We'll announce the pre-order details in mid-to-late Summer. ;)

We still have a few copies of our first two albums. If any of you are interested, shoot me a pm.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    i just recorded a new song called "Take Flight"....psyched to finish it & share it with you all!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Hi Matt and Chris! :wave:
    Just listened to Snaphot and First Light, as always, really enjoyed them. Thanks! :) Really loved the mandolin in Snapshot, made for a unique difference from the other tunes. Thanks for sharing these with us and count me in too for a vinyl copy! :D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    Just listened to Snaphot and First Light, as always, really enjoyed them. Thanks! :) Really loved the mandolin in Snapshot, made for a unique difference from the other tunes. Thanks for sharing these with us and count me in too for a vinyl copy! :D:D

Thanks, Lorna!! There's also some mandolin in First Light. :)

Pressing an album to vinyl is too damn expensive! :cry:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Thanks, Lorna!! There's also some mandolin in First Light. :)

Pressing an album to vinyl is too damn expensive! :cry:
    Oh yeah there was too! :fp: my little one was kinda yelling through that one so I had another listen. :lol: expensive schmensive!! :P I'll buy it! :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    What is the minimum you can get pressed just out of curiosity?

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Loulou wrote:

It depends on which distributor is selected. Some have a minimum of 1000 - some fewer. We've looked into some places - but just can't afford the cost. It is a long range goal of ours to do this - even a 45 RPM would be cool. Thanks for all the support Loulou!! 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Page #1 has been updated with new information! Thanks for all the "looks" and support! We really do appreciate it! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:

It depends on which distributor is selected. Some have a minimum of 1000 - some fewer. We've looked into some places - but just can't afford the cost. It is a long range goal of ours to do this - even a 45 RPM would be cool. Thanks for all the support Loulou!! 8-)
    Aaah, I see. Yeah that's quite a few. :? Well maybe one day. ;):D
    Page #1 has been updated with new information! Thanks for all the "looks" and support! We really do appreciate it! :D
    Wooooooo! Really excited to hear this! :D can't wait to hear it. :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Wow.

I just read through some of the first few pages. What a trip this has been!!! I hope you're all still enjoying the music we're making. As I type this, I'm listening to the rough version of our 3rd album, Where It Began.

When Chris first sent me an instrumental demo, we had no idea what would come from this. That demo turned into our first song "Presently Falling"...which was followed by "Setting Sun." Wow. Maybe I'm just up late at night after having some friends over & enjoying a beer or two...but it's more than that. I'm listening to our new album for a reason....taking notes for final mixing before we send these songs to be mastered by Wil.

I am blown away. Truly. In every sense. These songs truly sound different. They flow, they react, they emote.

Your support has me feeling very small....and very humbled. Thanks. We just can't say that enough....

Thanks.

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    quick update before the site change!

-we just posted a video of Snapshot on facebook. check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150858314106608
    -2 new songs (Take Flight/Open Heart Beating) coming very soon! stay tuned to our fb page & website (www.cluthelee.com) for updates
    -the mastering is coming along nicely! another song is being mastered this week!

lots more info/news/updates to share in the next few weeks. thanks for your support & we'll see you on the new board!

Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Really enjoying the final version of Snapshot. Great song guys!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Really enjoying the final version of Snapshot. Great song guys!

Thanks, Daniel!! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    writing some new tunes & enjoying some Old Rasputin! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    some exciting news:

The album process for Where It Began is moving along nicely! Chris submitted the album for copyright yesterday, so we can check that off the list! The album contains 13 songs. We also submitted 5 songs (b-sides) along with the album for future release! The artwork is coming along as well & we are on track for a Fall 2012 release! Pre-order info will be coming in the next few weeks. 8-)

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Great news, Matt! 'Count Down' just played on my spotify shuffle 8-)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options

Nice! 8-) Thanks for listening, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

Count Down? Awesome! Feels like eons since we recorded that one. I think Matt had that one way before we started playing together.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Count Down? Awesome! Feels like eons since we recorded that one. I think Matt had that one way before we started playing together.

Yup. I wrote that song back in 2002, I believe.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    up late mixing a song called "Take Flight".....and taking some notes on some songs that are still "in process"....
    it's hard to focus on being excited about the new album when you hear something new that you wish was on that album......there's something about this new song called Disappear...just the tone of it....damn.

Chris can flat-out play the guitar. good god. stoked to be writing music with him.

cheers,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Update on our 3rd album, Where It Began

-Chris is meeting with our sound engineer today. Wil will start mastering the 4th song today!
    -I talked to my sister, Maura yesterday. The artwork is coming along nicely & she expects to have some roughs prepared for us by mid-July. She's designing 3 separate roughs & Chris & I will pick one for the album art.
    -We will be including lyrics again for this release.
    -We're easily on schedule for a Fall release. We'll be starting the pre-order shortly after the artwork is finalized. The pre-paid pre-order will be just like the first two albums. We've yet to determine the price, but it'll be at or around the same price as our last album ($12).
    -The album will also be available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, etc just like the previous albums.
    -The website's debut will coincide with the album release. For now, the address will re-direct you to our reverbnation page where you can hear a ton of our songs.
    -You can follow us on twitter: @clutheleemusic or @mattcluthe & find us on Facebook here for the latest info: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ClutheLee ... 9719963329
    -You can email us here (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:presentlyfalling@gmail.com">presentlyfalling@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->) with any questions or to join our mailing list.
    -One more thing....NEW SONGS (Take Flight/Open Heart Beating) will be posted soon!

Ok...I think that's it! Have a great weekend!

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Great news Matt & Chris!! I hadn't listened to you in a few weeks but I just put on On A Wire and maybe tomorrow I'll have to give you a blast through the phones!! ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Great news Matt & Chris!! I hadn't listened to you in a few weeks but I just put on On A Wire and maybe tomorrow I'll have to give you a blast through the phones!! ;)

Cheers, Gary! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    it's been a very busy week for Chris & I outside of music, so the new songs aren't ready yet. look for two new songs (Take Flight/Open Heart Beating) soon! have a great weekend, all!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    i posted two old solo acoustic demos (You Dream In Color/Clouds Are High) on our page. hope you guys enjoy them! www.cluthelee.com

new tunes soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hey everyone....
    we still have a few copies of our first two albums (Here We Are/Life Can Go) available. we're looking to clear out our inventory & are thinking about dropping the price a bit to move these. any money made from this quick sale will go towards manufacturing/production cost for our forthcoming 3rd album, Where It Began. if you're interested, either send me a pm here or email us here: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:presentlyfalling@gmail.com">presentlyfalling@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.

thanks for the constant love & support!
    Matt

photo2-23.jpg
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hey everyone---
    quick update for ya. i'm in the process of packing up for our big move to Portland in a few weeks, so the music has taken a bit of a backseat for now. we still have a few songs that are in the mixing stages & hope to have them completed soon, but it may be a couple of weeks. the mastering is going really well & another song was finished earlier this week with another planned for next week. so, we're at the halfway mark! :) we're both still writing & exploring new ideas. plugging in & working on new stuff has been quite therapeutic during this crazy time. as soon as we wrap up these songs, we'll let you know!

cheers,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com