Options

Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Wanted to echo the thanks! We so appreciate all the love around here!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Hey guys! I have been M.I.A. from this thread for way too long! Just heard 'Birds' and really like it. A bit different to the others and I don't like having to 'compare' all the time but it kind of has a bit of a Nick Cave sound to it. Really good and I like the words. ;)
    My brother is member on here now! YAAAAAAAAAAY! He's actually been a fan since 1998 but hasn't joined til now so I'll show him this thread and tell him to have a listen too.
    Have a great day guys, take care. :D:D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Thanks Loulou! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Thanks a lot, Lorna! Hope all is well!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Another new tune called "Crying Shame" will be posted later this week!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    New song called "Dear Woman" up on our Reverbnation page! Enjoy!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    New song called "Dear Woman" up on our Reverbnation page! Enjoy!!!

I'm really excited about this song!!! Hope you all enjoy it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OOoooOOOooo Bring on the Blues Boys!! Love the new song!! 8-)8-)8-)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    OOoooOOOooo Bring on the Blues Boys!! Love the new song!! 8-)8-)8-)

thanks loulou! we wrote that in an afternoon. as "on the spot" as matt and i can pull off living 1200km away from one another.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    just posted an unreleased song of mine called "Phone Call" that was written in July. thanks for listening!
    read about it here: http://leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com/
    listen to it here: www.cluthelee.com
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Bump!
    A beautiful song guys. :D I listened to it as I was doing some pottering around the garden. Sat the speaker near the window. Love the way it starts. Thanks for the heads up Matt!
    Check it out people's !!!!!!!!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Loulou wrote:
    Bump!
    !
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hey everyone....

just wanted to let you know that we still have copies of our 2nd album, Life Can Go, available for sale. they're only $12 each & the shipping is included in the cost. if you have any questions, just pm me or shoot us an email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:presentlyfalling@gmail.com">presentlyfalling@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->! thanks!

in other news....
    -we have 4 new songs being recorded, mixed & mastered right now. they are: Crying Shame, Don't Be A Number, Forever & One Day. we'll let you know when they're finished!
    -we've recently posted 3 new songs (Birds, Dear Woman & Phone Call) that are all available to stream at our website, www.cluthelee.com
    -speaking of the website.....the new website is coming along nicely (according to our developer) and should be up & running sometime in the next couple of months.

hope this finds you all well,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    photo2-18.jpg

Just thought we should share what we've been up to....we decided to mix up the blog a little bit by having only one of us post about each song. Hope you enjoy them...we definitely had a lot of fun writing, recording & mixing them.

-ONE DAY-
    (Chris) One Day is a song that I wrote up after taking our dog for a walk one evening. It’s funny how music comes creeping into my head and in this case I had the main chords nailed down by the time I got home. Matt and I were talking about this song a few days ago and he said he wrote something like it a long time ago and that it was basically the same chord structure! Crazy! The lyrics Matt added are intense. To me it seems like he is singing out about making the most of your life. The lines “you only have one breath, one smile..” have spoken to me as of late.

-CRYING SHAME-
    (Matt) This song came together very quickly. It's a basic chord progression that I just started picking through & a vocal melody quickly formed. The message of this song is to stay true to yourself & change your life if you see it heading down a dark path. It's good to learn from the past, but you must be aware of how your present actions can affect your future. Chris' parts are hauntingly beautiful & very subtle. I don't think I've ever heard him play this way before.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hey everyone...
    Chris & I received the video from the PJ20 Wishlist pre-party! He's going to go through it , edit it & compile a sweet little dvd containing live footage + some other stuff we filmed both before and after PJ20. just keep in mind, this has not been edited yet...it's raw footage. enjoy!

Matt

1st set:
    We Will Remain:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiw-eIWz ... =autoshare
    Setting Sun:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKd0eFtU ... =autoshare

2nd set:
    Defrost Mode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQzPjnLF ... =autoshare
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    happy wednesday, everyone! quick update for you all....

-we have a few new songs that are almost done & we'll be posting them soon!
    -aside from those songs, we have plenty of new ideas floating around & i just started working on one of them last night called "Fragile Ones." Chris wrote the music for it & it's really great!
    -I will be playing a solo acoustic show at Dunn Bros in Addison, TX (Dallas area) on 1/28/2012. If Chris is able to come down, this will be a full Cluthe/Lee show (and I hope he can make it!). If not, I'll be playing songs from my solo days, from my old band End Result & from my current work with Cluthe/Lee. The show will run from 7-10pm.
    -we've received the video footage from the PJ20 pre-party & Chris is working on compiling it all into a cool little dvd-type-thingy. more info on that soon!

hope all is well & thanks for your support!

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Still waitin' on that northeast tour announcement, boys.

;)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Still waitin' on that northeast tour announcement, boys.

;)

man, that would be awesome! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    hey everyone...
    Chris & I received the video from the PJ20 Wishlist pre-party! He's going to go through it , edit it & compile a sweet little dvd containing live footage + some other stuff we filmed both before and after PJ20. just keep in mind, this has not been edited yet...it's raw footage. enjoy!

Matt

1st set:
    We Will Remain:
    Setting Sun:

2nd set:
    Defrost Mode:
    WOW :shock: Wish I could have been there!!! Great videos Chris and Matt, loved Setting Sun!!! Thanks for posting, patiently waiting for an Aussie tour. ;):D Hey hope that little guy is okay Matt, our little one had an allergic reation to something a week ago and we had to take her to the hospital. I know that's nothing comparison but I was still in hysterics so I can only imagine what you guys must be feeling. :? Hope all is well guys :wave:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    thanks, Lorna! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    new tunes coming very soon......
    :ugeek:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Happy Saturday Campers!!

Matt and I just posted a new song called "Don't Be A Number" over at www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling
    Go on over and take a listen! We've got a lot going on with music lately. Looking forward to sharing! Stay posted on what we're doing by checking the links on page 1, top post.

Thanks for the support on here you guys! Much love!

Chris
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Sunday bump. See above post to listen to our new song.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I finally got caught up on listening to the additions since the PJ20 weekend and as usual there are some really nice tunes and lyrics. Given some proper time spent together you guys could be on the verge of a really great album. And I don't mean that what you've recorded so far isn't.......

Oh you know what I mean!! :D Keep it up guys, your music needs to be heard by more people!! Not watched any of the vids yet but will get to it soon. Roll on number three..... :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Thanks a lot, Gary!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!! Thanks for your constant love, support & encouragement!!!

Cheers,
    Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!! Thanks for your constant love, support & encouragement!!!

Cheers,
    Matt & Chris
    You guys give us so much so it's all deserved. Hope you both have a great weekend. Looking forward to the next installment from you... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Cheers,
    Matt & Chris
    You guys give us so much so it's all deserved. Hope you both have a great weekend. Looking forward to the next installment from you... :D

Cheers mate! We're stoked to keep it going...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    mfc2006 wrote:
    hey everyone...

Matt

1st set:
    We Will Remain:
    Setting Sun:

2nd set:
    Defrost Mode:

Awesome job guys.

I'm thinking I should cover Setting Sun at my next show. ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    hey everyone...

just wanted to give you a quick update of what we have going on. things are a bit hectic for Chris & I right now, so we've slowed down a little bit to catch our breath, but we still have plenty of things going on!

-two new songs (She & Unfolding) are almost done. i'm mixing "She" right now & Chris is working on adding his parts to "Unfolding." these should be posted by the end of the year. we've also been working on a cover that we may share with you all sometime soon.
    -we're working on tracking the next album right now. this (untitled at the moment) album will contain 15-16 songs & so far we've picked 12 of those final 15-16 songs. we're also excited to have my sister, Maura, on board again to do the artwork! she did all of the artwork for our first two albums & we're lucky that she likes us enough to give it another shot! ha! the album is still several months away from being released (Summer 2012 would be a fair guess) and we'll keep you updated on its progress!
    -our new website (http://www.cluthelee.com) should be up & running within the next 2 months or so! Jake (Maura's husband & my brother-in-law) is building the site from scratch & it will contain some very cool interactive features. more on that as it gets closer...
    -lastly, Chris & I will be playing a show on 1/28/2012 at Dunn Bros in Addison, TX (Dallas area)! we're really excited to play another show & our hope is that this will kick off a busier year show-wise. we're not touring or anything, but we'll be out there.

hope you all had a great Thanksgiving & we are truly thankful for your love, support & encouragement!

cheers,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com