Options

Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    1/28/2012 show update:

Unfortunately, Chris won't be able to make it down to TX for the show. It won't be the same without him, but I'm still going to play a solo set. I'll be reaching back & playing some old solo songs, some songs from my old band (End Result), some random covers and of course...some Cluthe/Lee songs as well! More info coming soon.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    That's the end of my Christmas break, looking forward to hearing some news from you guys soon. Thanks for the first two installments and all the Lost Dogs you've sent links for! Hope you both have a great New Year and hope your creativity reaches even more ears next year. Round of applause!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Cheers mate! We've both been writing alot & should have some new ones out in the next few weeks! Happy New Year to you & your loved ones : )
    veddertown wrote:
    That's the end of my Christmas break, looking forward to hearing some news from you guys soon. Thanks for the first two installments and all the Lost Dogs you've sent links for! Hope you both have a great New Year and hope your creativity reaches even more ears next year. Round of applause!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Chris & I want to thank you all for making 2011 a year that we'll never forget. 2012 is shaping up to be a great year as well!! we'll be back in the next week or 2 with some new tunes. thanks for your constant love, support & encouragement...we're having a blast & appreciate your support more than you'll ever know.

cheers,
    Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,029
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Chris & I want to thank you all for making 2011 a year that we'll never forget. 2012 is shaping up to be a great year as well!! we'll be back in the next week or 2 with some new tunes. thanks for your constant love, support & encouragement...we're having a blast & appreciate your support more than you'll ever know.

cheers,
    Matt & Chris
    sweetness!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    LukinFan wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

cheers,
    Matt & Chris
    sweetness!
    :thumbup:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Chloe don't know better.........

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6O0MBM6W

Chloe's just like me......
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Chloe don't know better.........

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6O0MBM6W

Chloe's just like me......
    i loved that :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Thanks, Dimi!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I already told you guys on Facebook, but I'll say it here too. You guys rocked this.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    I already told you guys on Facebook, but I'll say it here too. You guys rocked this.

thanks a lot, man! hope everyone is enjoying it! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    quick little rainy day update.....
    -new tunes are coming very soon...as in, later this week!
    -if you'd like a copy of our Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns cover, please email us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:presentlyfalling@gmail.com">presentlyfalling@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> to be added to our mailing list & we'll send you the song!
    -i am playing a solo acoustic show in the Dallas area on Sat, 1/28. more info on that later this week.
    -lots of new songs are being recorded/mixed/written as i type this!

see ya,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Can't wait to hear this!!! Im in Surfers Paradise, Queensland at the moment and can't download it but it gives me something to look forward to when I get back. Good luck with the solo Matt! :thumbup:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    Can't wait to hear this!!! Im in Surfers Paradise, Queensland at the moment and can't download it but it gives me something to look forward to when I get back. Good luck with the solo Matt! :thumbup:

JEALOUS!! ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY! 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:

JEALOUS!! ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY! 8-)
    Thanks Chris! :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    hey everyone!
    we just posted 2 new songs (She/Fragile Ones) on our page! we've been really busy over the last couple of weeks & we should have more new music to share with you all very soon! also, if you're in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, i'm playing a solo acoustic show on Sat, Jan 28th at Dunn Bros in Addison. if you want more info, just shoot me a pm. hope this finds you all well & thanks for your support!

Matt

read about She/Fragile Ones: http://leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com/2012/01/shefragile-ones.html
    listen to She/Fragile Ones: www.cluthelee.com
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    bump for the new tunes! hope you guys enjoy them! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Matt are you gonna be selling cd's next Saturday night?
    mfc2006 wrote:
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

sure, i can bring some cd's! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    :clap: finally able to check out all your new tunes! I can't download them from my IPad so I've had to wait until my stupid computer decided to work. They all sound great, worth the wait for sure. Well done guys! Sending out another 'break a leg!' to Matt for his solo performance too! :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    :clap: finally able to check out all your new tunes! I can't download them from my IPad so I've had to wait until my stupid computer decided to work. They all sound great, worth the wait for sure. Well done guys! Sending out another 'break a leg!' to Matt for his solo performance too! :)

as always, THANK YOU LORNA!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    My broadband was being tetchy last night but apparently it's ok today so I'll give the new tunes a listen later.... ;)

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    I need Here We Are on vinyl :thumbup:. I'll take it on Cd though :lol:

Robley
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

sure, i can bring some cd's! :)
  • Options
    I need Here We Are on vinyl :thumbup:. I'll take it on Cd though :lol:

Robley

believe me, we looked into it for both albums....it's just so friggin' expensive. we'd have to sell them for $38 each just to break even. :shock:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    **weekend new songs bump!** :)

happy saturday, everyone!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I'm really liking the new songs guys, I ended up spending an hour on the site listening to a load of the non album songs again. There's definately a couple of really good albums hiding in there... :)

• Options
    Thanks, Gary!!

We're excited to release our 3rd album later this year! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Cheers Gary! Glad you liked what you heard.
    veddertown wrote:
    I'm really liking the new songs guys, I ended up spending an hour on the site listening to a load of the non album songs again. There's definately a couple of really good albums hiding in there... :)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    quick wednesday update for you guys....
    -She & Fragile Ones have been posted on our page! The response has been great & thanks for the support!
    -We have several new songs (In My Time, Red Clouds, Unfolding & Crooked Building) that are in various stages of recording/mixing. It's a safe bet that 2 of these will surface within the next week or two. We'll keep you posted!
    -I am playing a "timeline" show at Dunn Bros in Addison, TX (D/FW area) this Saturday from 8-10 pm. What I mean by timeline is that the songs will range from when I started writing songs on guitar (back in 1997) all the way to my work with Cluthe/Lee. The setlist is almost finalized & will be played in chronological order...it should be a trip! I know that a few folks from the board are going & hope to see some more of you there!

Well, that's it! Happy Wednesday, everyone....

Matt

new blog w/ info about the timeline show:
    http://leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com/2 ... -info.html
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Just thought I'd copy and paste Matt's email. Hope you don't mind Matt but it's a cool little story and it's great to get the lowdown on your concept. Good luck with the show, we'll all be thinking about you!! ;)

hi everyone...

when i landed this gig at Dunn Bros, i had a crazy idea to try something different for this show....something that i'd never tried before. as the weeks went on, it felt less & less crazy. so, here i am ready to play songs that i haven't played in 10+ years. first, a little history.

i love music. i always have & i know that i always will. i have memories of sitting in front of my sister's mirror when i was a little kid strumming my mom's acoustic guitar. of, course, i wasn't playing....merely making noise & driving my family crazy. i would put a cd or tape (yup, i'm showing my age) and act like i was in the band. i think i was 7 or 8 years old at the time.

growing up in our house, there was music everywhere. my dad would shake the walls listening to classical music records, my sisters would listen to 80's pop, rock and country & my brother was listening to a little bit of everything. so, it's been with me my whole life.

in high school, i met a guy in art class & we started a band. i sang lead vocals & played drums. my bandmates were much better than i was. it's a tough thing to sing in a band when you're 14 or 15. my voice would change mid-song. ha! in any case, we played a handful of shows and had a lot of fun. at this point, i was writing teenage lyrics...but couldn't write the songs i was hearing in my head b/c i couldn't play guitar or piano.

when i went to college, i met a guy in my english comp class. we got to talking about music & i found out that he was in a band. he told me that their drummer had an injured wrist & asked if i could fill in for one show & a few practices. i agreed...as long as he taught me guitar. the first lesson, he showed me the 8-10 basic chords & told me to keep practicing. that was all the encouragement i needed.

once i had the chords down, i started writing simple songs (still some of my favorite to write). after a year or so of practicing, i played my first solo acoustic show as the "opener" for a night of karaoke at a local bar.

this timeline show has allowed to me look back & re-learn some of those old songs & i've had a lot of fun practicing over the last few weeks. it's been interesting to go through dozens of old notebooks...reading the old lyrics. it's hard to believe that i wrote them.

for this show, i will be playing a variety of songs. some from when i started writing/playing, some from my days of singing lead & playing rhythm guitar in End Result, some newer solo songs, and it will conclude with songs that i've worked on & recorded with my bandmate in Cluthe/Lee, Chris Lee. i've also thrown in a couple of covers here & there that were written by some of my favorite songwriters. my wife will be joining me on stage for a couple of songs & it should be a lot of fun.

i'd like to thank everyone that's ever told me to keep at it. it's a trip to look back....but this show has me even more excited about looking forward. see you at the show!

Matt

Details:
    Who: Matt Cluthe
    When: Saturday, Jan 28 2012
    Where: Dunn Bros (Addison)
    Address: 3725 Belt Line Rd Addison, TX 75001
    Cost: Free!