i was suprised how bad atlanta looked

the D line was dominating today.

o line sitll needs work. 4 sacks is 3 to many
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Great win today!
    Big game next week!!!

The Bears actually looked....good?!?! Wow!
  • mca47 wrote:
    Great win today!
    Big game next week!!!

The Bears actually looked....good?!?! Wow!

They did look pretty damn good. O-line still a little shaky. Falcons were going after Carimi big time. I guess that's expected w/ a rookie OT.

If they can pull out 1 of the next 2, that would bea hell of a start to the season.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited September 2011
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    bears looked awesome, can't wait till week 3!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RiotZact wrote:
    bears looked awesome, can't wait till week 3!

one week does not make a season. annoucers kept blabbing about how they held GB in check 3 times last year....they never mentioned the beat down the Pats gave em.

that said, the D line looked 100 times better than last year's d line and that's where it all begins on defense. Peppers was his normal self, but melton was also tearing it up inside. the new guy from houston did a nice job and #94 stood out during the few series he got, including blowing up the screen when their RT went with turner.

cutler could have easily had at least one more INT if not two more.

still...long way to go, but there is reason to be optimisitc.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Superbowl talk already??? Come on now. :roll:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Where is this super bowl talk you speak of?

pay attention girl.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

pay attention girl.

:?:
    81 wrote:
    Super Bears

Super Bowl
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

pay attention girl.

:?:
    81 wrote:
    Super Bears

Super Bowl

you obviously don't know bears football.....

Super Bears

Super Bowl isn't superbowl talk....it's more of, this is our goal...it's where we want to go...it's not saying we are headed their, or even that we are a favorite to get there.

now get back to your cricket infested packer thread. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Super Bears

Super Bowl isn't superbowl talk....it's more of, this is our goal...it's where we want to go...it's not saying we are headed their, or even that we are a favorite to get there.

Ahh well I stand corrected then...but isn't that every team's goal?!! Bears fans are confusing fuckers.

And watch it - my thread may be a little dead but that's because the Packers are so amazing that there's not even anything to discuss. Their awesomeness is just common knowledge :mrgreen:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Super Bears

Ahh well I stand corrected then...but isn't that every team's goal?!! Bears fans are confusing fuckers.

And watch it - my thread may be a little dead but that's because the Packers are so amazing that there's not even anything to discuss. Their awesomeness is just common knowledge :mrgreen:

nothing confusing about that.

the packers inability to play naia level defense IS amazing.

it'll be interesting to see how the bears D stacks up agaist the saints.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

nothing confusing about that.

the packers inability to play naia level defense IS amazing.

it'll be interesting to see how the bears D stacks up agaist the saints.

We've got some work to do on our secondary, that's for sure. The Packers are by no means perfect and I'm sick of everyone picking them to go back to the Bowl this year. Lots of upsets yesterday, lots of great young players this season, it's anyone's game really (well except maybe KC's... :lol: )

I'm not denying that the Bears played well - they sure did, even I was impressed. But at the same token the Falcons were not the same team the Packers played in the postseason last year. Next week will definitely be a huge determinant of where the Bears really are at.
    Atlanta wasn't the same team...they were suppose to be better....Jones was suppose to put them over the top...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Atlanta wasn't the same team...they were suppose to be better....Jones was suppose to put them over the top...

i disagree...the only major difference was their center was hurt...they are essentially the same 14-2 team with more experience. this was a good, quality dominant win for da bears
    why must we all argue
    RiotZact wrote:
    why must we all argue

Just a little friendly division rivalry!

:D

Actually, I love it when both the Bears and Packers are doing well, it makes the season much more interesting! And now that the Lions have a respectable team, it's even better.
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

i disagree...the only major difference was their center was hurt...they are essentially the same 14-2 team with more experience. this was a good, quality dominant win for da bears

It definitely was a dominant win. I was just shocked at how little the Falcons went downfield.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    why must we all argue

Just a little friendly division rivalry!

:D

Actually, I love it when both the Bears and Packers are doing well, it makes the season much more interesting! And now that the Lions have a respectable team, it's even better.

I agree, and as much as the fans may annoy me (none of you on here :) ) I still like the bears as a team, jay doesn't seem to have any sort of mortal hatred toward the packers like most fans do and him and Aaron seem to be pretty good friends. Lovie has that hate in him a lil bit but he's not a dick about it at all and I respect that, hes feelings for the packers are similar to mine to the bears, good luck to both sides this year and long live the greatest rivalry in football!!!
    Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

It definitely was a dominant win. I was just shocked at how little the Falcons went downfield.

they did go downfield but the bears usually bend, but dont break.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Davidtrios wrote:

Yep. That's what's nice about the Cover 2. While you'll give up a good number of yards passing, if you have the talent, you should be able to stop the big plays.
    The Bears have a good run defense and 2 very talented and quick linebackers who can plug holes. Without those two things, the cover 2 wouldn't come close to being effective.
  • mca47 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Yep. That's what's nice about the Cover 2. While you'll give up a good number of yards passing, if you have the talent, you should be able to stop the big plays.
    The Bears have a good run defense and 2 very talented and quick linebackers who can plug holes. Without those two things, the cover 2 wouldn't come close to being effective.

D-line pressure is key w/ cover 2. D-line played great on Sunday. Still drives me nuts that the CBs play 8 yards off the WRs!
    54 ran out of town due to an emergency with his mum. hope all is well.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    his mother passed away monday.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

Just heard that. That's too bad. I wonder if he'll play on Sunday. I couldn't imagine playing a football game a few days after losing your Mother.
    81 wrote:

Just heard that. That's too bad. I wonder if he'll play on Sunday. I couldn't imagine playing a football game a few days after losing your Mother.

i could...but i have no heart. :lol:

i think he plays..and one of two things happens...he either plays like shit because his mind isn't there....or he takes out his loss on the saints. i think the latter...

most of the time, you bury someone within 4 or 5 days...she died monday...do planning on tuesday....visitation on wed and thursday, burial on friday....maybe burial is sat....fly to NO and play sunday.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg