THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    soldier field had astro turf back in the 80's. what's the big deal about switching to field turf?

good question. :lol:

Bears have said they want grass. Phillips, Angelo and Lovie all appear to favor grass, so grass it is.

There was also an informal poll of 30 some odd players in today's paper. 18 picked grass.

The informal poll was dumb...the players that picked grass weren't picking that pile of shit at solider field that they call grass. They would prefer grass that is in good condition...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    soldier field had astro turf back in the 80's. what's the big deal about switching to field turf?

good question. :lol:

Bears have said they want grass. Phillips, Angelo and Lovie all appear to favor grass, so grass it is.

There was also an informal poll of 30 some odd players in today's paper. 18 picked grass.

The informal poll was dumb...the players that picked grass weren't picking that pile of shit at solider field that they call grass. They would prefer grass that is in good condition...

here it is.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football ... ayers.html

On Sunday and Monday, the Sun-Times polled 32 players expected to make the regular-season roster. Only a dozen voted for FieldTurf, two for DD GrassMaster, which is featured at Lambeau Field, and the remaining 18 for grass . . . with a caveat.

“Natural grass,” Bears Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs said. “But good natural grass.”
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    On Sunday and Monday, the Sun-Times polled 32 players expected to make the regular-season roster. Only a dozen voted for FieldTurf, two for DD GrassMaster, which is featured at Lambeau Field, and the remaining 18 for grass . . . with a caveat.

“Natural grass,” Bears Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs said. “But good natural grass.”
    [/quote]

I think it's become obvious that good natural grass is not possible here.

you have obviously seen my back yard. :lol:

but seriousl, the problem is the resodding. if they didn't fuck it up with concerts and what not, you could just put down the field and leave it. every now and then airete it and call it a day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

you have obviously seen my back yard. :lol:

but seriousl, the problem is the resodding. if they didn't fuck it up with concerts and what not, you could just put down the field and leave it. every now and then airete it and call it a day.

Even with all the concerts and shit, it's hard to believe they can't find a way to have a decent playing field year-round. They need to get "the sodfather" from the white sox grounds crew over to soldier field.
    i agree.

look at wrigley. they had to paul shows and only had to fix a small portion of the field by the gate down in right where all the big equipment came in
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i agree.

look at wrigley. they had to paul shows and only had to fix a small portion of the field by the gate down in right where all the big equipment came in

Yeah, it's pretty mind-boggling that this is such an issue. Get Roger Bossard over there and he will fix everything. :lol::D:D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:

Thanks for the link 81!

Good read!
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Thanks for the link 81!

Good read!

Read that yesterday. Really good read.

I don't give a shit what Cutler does when out in public, facial expressions, attitude towards the media, etc... just win some fucking football games.
    I don't give a shit what Cutler does when out in public, facial expressions, attitude towards the media, etc... just win some fucking football games.

completely agree.

i enjoyed the part about the toughness the most. i was thinking, if his career continues to progress, he could be the new face for ron santo's walk for the cure. i'm still amazed at the amount of cash ronny raised. he was a good egg.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So I know we usually do our week to week score predictions...

How about we start this off by predicting overall wins and losses?

11-5
    Also, lets predict how many sacks the Bears give up this year...

Sacks: 35
    17 less than last year.
    Sun 9/11 Atlanta Falcons Atlanta W
    Sun 9/18 New Orleans Saints at New Orleans 1:00 pm
    Sun 9/25 Green Bay Packers Green Bay 4:15 pm
    Sun 10/2 Carolina Panthers Carolina W
    Mon 10/10 Detroit Lions at Detroit W
    Sun 10/16 Minnesota Vikings Minnesota W
    Sun 10/23 Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Tampa Bay W
    Bye
    Mon 11/7 Philadelphia Eagles at Philadelphia 8:30 pm
    Sun 11/13 Detroit Lions Detroit W
    Sun 11/20 San Diego Chargers San Diego 4:15 pm
    Sun 11/27 Oakland Raiders at Oakland W
    Sun 12/4 Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City W
    Sun 12/11 Denver Broncos at Denver W
    Sun 12/18 Seattle Seahawks Seattle W
    Sun 12/25 Green Bay Packers at Green Bay W
    Sun 1/1 Minnesota Vikings at Minnesota

looks like i ended up in that 11-5 range as well. non division schedule doesn't look too bad other than a handful of games
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:

17 less than last year.

i know we haven't seen the O line play a game yet, but i'm feeling good about it. I don't care what the players and coaches are saying about olin not being there. almost feels like it is lip service.

if we go two per game, that's 32. sounds doable if the o line plays decent and they call a bunch of short quick passes vs. the 7 step drops that htey started with last year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

17 less than last year.

i know we haven't seen the O line play a game yet, but i'm feeling good about it. I don't care what the players and coaches are saying about olin not being there. almost feels like it is lip service.

if we go two per game, that's 32. sounds doable if the o line plays decent and they call a bunch of short quick passes vs. the 7 step drops that htey started with last year.

Yeah, I just don't see any situation where they can be worse than last year. And not only were they getting better at the end of the year last year, but I think bringing in new blood to the line can only help. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Crimini does.
    While I was a little upset in losing Cutler's favorite target last year in Olsen...I think Davis and Spaeth will certainly add a degree of pass and run protection that hasn't been seen before.
    agreed. we are looking at a big 6 man front line with a couple of maulers on teh right to hopefully open up some nice running holes.

i know it's way early and everything could crap out, but it could be a very exciting offense

only think i've heard so far that i don't care for is the crapping on Knox.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    agreed. we are looking at a big 6 man front line with a couple of maulers on teh right to hopefully open up some nice running holes.

i know it's way early and everything could crap out, but it could be a very exciting offense

only think i've heard so far that i don't care for is the crapping on Knox.

Yeah, Chicago teams have the tendency to find a way to crap out...but I think they really improved in the offseason. While they didn't go nuts like the Eagles did, I do think they've upgraded two of their biggest "holes" from last year...that being the O-line and the WRs. When was the last time we had ONE additional option for WR let alone 4-5? Granted, they are not all #1's...but I think the "Martz system" may finally be able to shine this year...probably before it fizzles out, because afterall they do have a "C" on their helmet. :lol:
    they didn't have as many holes as the eagles either.

the D line should be good. LB's should be solid as always. little worried about the CB's, but it seems the safety position could be good for the first time since Brown's days. I dig the Wright kid. he looked good last year before he was busted up.

Super Bowl Super Bears :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

the D line should be good. LB's should be solid as always. little worried about the CB's, but it seems the safety position could be good for the first time since Brown's days. I dig the Wright kid. he looked good last year before he was busted up.

CB definitely worries me. Tillman isn't getting any younger and I don't trust Jennings/Bowman.

I'm actually goin to the game on Saturday night. It goes against my rules as a sports fan to go to any type of preseason game, but the tickets are free and I love tailgating, so I figured why the hell not. We'll probably leave by halftime if we even make it that long...
    81 wrote:

CB definitely worries me. Tillman isn't getting any younger and I don't trust Jennings/Bowman.

I'm actually goin to the game on Saturday night. It goes against my rules as a sports fan to go to any type of preseason game, but the tickets are free and I love tailgating, so I figured why the hell not. We'll probably leave by halftime if we even make it that long...
    If it's free, you might as well! Tailgating alone will make it worth it!

I normally hate watching pre-season games, but I really want to watch some f'n football! What are the odds it's on TV here in AZ? I'm sure the NFL network will have it, but probably won't be on until next Tuesday! haha
    mca47 wrote:

If it's free, you might as well! Tailgating alone will make it worth it!

I normally hate watching pre-season games, but I really want to watch some f'n football! What are the odds it's on TV here in AZ? I'm sure the NFL network will have it, but probably won't be on until next Tuesday! haha

Yeah, there aren't many chances to tailgate in warm weather around here so you gotta take advantage when you can.

Not gonna lie...I'm also pretty damn excited to watch some actual football even if it's pre-season.
    had a dream

Super Bowl Champs.

That is all
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,499
    81 wrote:
    had a dream

Super Bowl Champs.

That is all

dream team.
    www.myspace.com
    O line looks like shit. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    My favorite part of the broadcast tonight (albeit so far; the night is young) is when the older tool that is not Dick Stockton introduced his cohort as, "former star quarterback of the Chicago Bears: Erik Kramer!"

I about choked.
    Kramer had a couple of real nice seasons

His 95 season might have been the best qb season in bears history

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... amEr00.htm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    81 wrote:
    had a dream

Super Bowl Champs.

That is all
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • After Knox had that 70 yard return.....

He should have gone to the sideline....
    And spiked the football off Mart'z nuts.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Two things...

1) The o-line looks as miserable as it did last year.
    2) Why the fuck did the NFL move the kickoffs to the 35? That is the dumbest f'n thing they've done in a long time!! 90% of kickoffs are going to be touchbacks this year! They said they did it because they were trying to reduce the number of special teams/kickoff injuries. Seriously?!?! That's bullshit! The Bears have one of if not the best return teams, and now they've taken away a HUGE part of what the Bears relied on....field position! Dumb!!!