Comments

• sheila0225 wrote:
    Fuck the bears. Heplhehehehe

:mrgreen:
    Nice shirt.
  • Hey you got a field goal nice job. ;) lol
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    What a great day for football, eh?! :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

Any you were worried. :roll: ;):lol:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:thumbdown:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Any you were worried. :roll: ;):lol:

Yeah, silly on my part!!! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Wow did the bears look terrible yesterday!! Someone needs to tell devon hester that you dont dive forward with no contact on 3rd and long when youve only gained 5 yards..I understand that contact is coming but come on. He did it twice yesterday. I guess the better solution would be not to throw those wr screen passes on 3rd and long!!

That fake on the punt late in the 4th was pretty impressive though. Too bad it got called back.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    This is it and I'll stop, I promise!!!! :lol:

chif.gif
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    This is it and I'll stop, I promise!!!! :lol:

chif.gif

:lol::lol: poor bears, they played a good game, got ripped off on that punt return IMO, Cutler didn't seem to be himself, even when he wasn't under pressure he was making bad passes, O line held up better than usual, still had the dropped passes though
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Ugly, ugly game.

My thoughts and grades:
    Offense: Fire Martz. That guy is worthless. The Packers D just sat back in zone the entire game covering a bunch of WRs who don't deserve to be playing in the NFL. I understand the tendency to want to throw the ball more when you fall behind, but that is unacceptable. 4 yards rushing? WTF?!?!
    QB: B- Cutler was put in a tough situation. Having to pick apart a very good defense that is just sitting back on coverage knowing they are going to throw on every snap.
    WR: D I'm not giving them a "F" for the simple fact that they didn't mix up the play call, but when you have 6-7 dropped balls some of which would have not forced a punt...unacceptable! Knox may be one of the worst WRs the Bears have had in a while. Too many dropped balls, runs terrible routes, and doesn't attempt to help/fight for a ball (even the announcers commented on that and Buck and Aikman are generally worthless). Hester still can never get open - doesn't know where the sticks are, terrible personal foul at the end of the game when trying to come back - he should be benched for that alone!!! Williams is worthless. The only bright spot in this group is Sanzenbacher.
    RB: F Just because they never ran the f'n ball!!!
    O-line: C They actually did a pretty good job in protection, but they collapsed on the run.

Defense:
    D-line: C Got a couple of sacks and a few hits, but once again, this Cover-2 cannot work unless they get constant pressure on the QB. Too many holes against the run too.
    LB: A- Urlacher and Briggs finally showed up.
    Secondary: C Not bad against a tough group of WRs and Aaron Rodgers picking them apart. Hard to cover a guy for as much time as Rodgers had in the pocket.

All in all, I think the team deserves a C for this game. The coaching is to blame for this showing. Martz needs to go. At some point Lovie is going to have to stop defending him, because if this keeps up, Martz is going to drag him out the door with him.
    Oh, and did anyone else find out who that "holding" was really called on during that "fake punt return"?
    The commentators couldn't find it, but didn't really seem to care. I saw nothing wrong, and I thought it was a brilliant play. Is it possible a flag was thrown because the ref thought that couldn't/shouldn't happen, then called it a holding for no other reason but to save face?
    mca47 wrote:
    Oh, and did anyone else find out who that "holding" was really called on during that "fake punt return"?
    The commentators couldn't find it, but didn't really seem to care. I saw nothing wrong, and I thought it was a brilliant play. Is it possible a flag was thrown because the ref thought that couldn't/shouldn't happen, then called it a holding for no other reason but to save face?

Nope, I didn't see a hold anywhere, and neither did any of the other 50 people in the bar I was at. The refs this year have been awful across the board. It just gets worse and worse every year. Something needs to be done about all the bad and missed calls.
    The only bright spot in this group is Sanzenbacher...

God your right and makes me laugh and ill at the same time!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Wma31394 wrote:

Buckeye recievers can play in the NFL....he doesn't have the speed of some of the others buckeyes that have come up before him, but he catchs that damn ball.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    Ugly, ugly game.

My thoughts and grades:
    Offense: Fire Martz. That guy is worthless. The Packers D just sat back in zone the entire game covering a bunch of WRs who don't deserve to be playing in the NFL. I understand the tendency to want to throw the ball more when you fall behind, but that is unacceptable. 4 yards rushing? WTF?!?!
    QB: B- Cutler was put in a tough situation. Having to pick apart a very good defense that is just sitting back on coverage knowing they are going to throw on every snap.
    WR: D I'm not giving them a "F" for the simple fact that they didn't mix up the play call, but when you have 6-7 dropped balls some of which would have not forced a punt...unacceptable! Knox may be one of the worst WRs the Bears have had in a while. Too many dropped balls, runs terrible routes, and doesn't attempt to help/fight for a ball (even the announcers commented on that and Buck and Aikman are generally worthless). Hester still can never get open - doesn't know where the sticks are, terrible personal foul at the end of the game when trying to come back - he should be benched for that alone!!! Williams is worthless. The only bright spot in this group is Sanzenbacher.
    O-line: C They actually did a pretty good job in protection, but they collapsed on the run.

Defense:
    D-line: C Got a couple of sacks and a few hits, but once again, this Cover-2 cannot work unless they get constant pressure on the QB. Too many holes against the run too.
    Secondary: C Not bad against a tough group of WRs and Aaron Rodgers picking them apart. Hard to cover a guy for as much time as Rodgers had in the pocket.

All in all, I think the team deserves a C for this game. The coaching is to blame for this showing. Martz needs to go. At some point Lovie is going to have to stop defending him, because if this keeps up, Martz is going to drag him out the door with him.

i wouldn't grade Cutler that high. he had a number of over throws, and interceptions...that were on him. i'd give him a D. looks like he is developing a case of happy feet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

Buckeye recievers can play in the NFL....he doesn't have the speed of some of the others buckeyes that have come up before him, but he catchs that damn ball.

Yea terry glenn, boston, ginn (solid return man)...santonio went therr too right?? No I like sanzenbacher but hes not a number one or two. Its funny and sickening that our best is a #3. Hes a solid possesion receiver and seems to know how to run a route unlike everyone other bear.
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Ugly, ugly game.

My thoughts and grades:

Defense:

i wouldn't grade Cutler that high. he had a number of over throws, and interceptions...that were on him. i'd give him a D. looks like he is developing a case of happy feet.

ahhah yea mabye a C- since you only saw his "jerkface" 2 or 3 times comaired to 10 times vs. the saints. Hard for me to rip him too much with no line and wr's.
    Wma31394 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

Yea terry glenn, boston, ginn (solid return man)...santonio went therr too right?? No I like sanzenbacher but hes not a number one or two. Its funny and sickening that our best is a #3. Hes a solid possesion receiver and seems to know how to run a route unlike everyone other bear.

gonzalez
    joey galloway
    chris carter
    Hartline
    Jenkins
    Robiskie

just to name a few more....they also pump out alot of DB's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, he definitely was a little "off" in some of his throws. Ok...I'll give him a "C".
    I truly believe if you were to put Brady, Brees, or Rodgers at QB for the Bears in that game, I don't see the final score being much different.
    Every replay they showed was of Bears WRs being covered and once the play broke down them not trying to get open. I'll put the handful of bad tosses on Jay, but that's it. The WRs are miserable, the play calling is miserable, and more often than not....the protection is miserable.
    On the rare occasion Rodgers had to scramble around, it was amazing to see how his receivers and tight end would do whatever they could to get open, and the result was more often than not was a positive result. Jay could run for his life and our receivers just stand there and watch him get nailed!

Is there some way to find out what team leads in dropped passes? I know commentators often mention those stats, but it would be interesting to see how many have been dropped thus far by the Bears compared to other teams.
    drops have killed, agreed.

do we even have a TE than runs patterns any more?

might as well just dump it off to forte on screen's and other rb patters. that's the only thing that does work.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    drops have killed, agreed.

do we even have a TE than runs patterns any more?

might as well just dump it off to forte on screen's and other rb patters. that's the only thing that does work.

Yeah, Forte is pretty much our best receiver. Sadly, teams are starting to realize that. McCarthy, a couple days prior to the game said they were going to do everything to make sure Forte didn't get his touches.
    Clearly, they figured out how to stuff those screens/dump-offs.

Back to square one. :(

Kellen Davis did catch that one TD, but he also had a pretty crucial drop too.
    Yeah..tight ends accross the league are putting up big numbers this year and i thought we had a decent one in olson..but i guess tight ends arent really used in martz offense. So we pick up this guy davis to block..and we all have seen that he cant. Was a nice td though. Cutler is forcing things now since he has no confidence in the line or wr's..so I dont blame him for forcing the issue a bit. I hate to have such a talent like him just "manage" the game like so many bears qb's in the past have done.
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Yeah..tight ends accross the league are putting up big numbers this year and i thought we had a decent one in olson..but i guess tight ends arent really used in martz offense. So we pick up this guy davis to block..and we all have seen that he cant. Was a nice td though. Cutler is forcing things now since he has no confidence in the line or wr's..so I dont blame him for forcing the issue a bit. I hate to have such a talent like him just "manage" the game like so many bears qb's in the past have done.

Yeah, it's pretty sad.

To your TE point...
    What I don't get is why did they bring in Spaeth, who is known as a great blocking TE, if he's never on the field? Seems like Martz keeps getting his story mixed up with reality.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Cutler's now whining about being hit. :lol:
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Cutler's now whining about being hit. :lol:

i would too after getting killed on a weekly basis
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Bears 24
    Panthers 10
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    if they don't beat the panthers....this season is over.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bears 24
    Panthers 10

Yea i like the bears to cover the 7. Panthers d is terrible. Bears are due for a good game.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp8216

Hampton declines white house invite becasue

wives and kids not invited. :roll:

he's not a fan of BO. :roll:

he says after 25 years, it's time to give the 85 bears a reset. ok...this one i get. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    if they don't beat the panthers....this season is over.

Season was over when Angelo didn't address the fact that his O-line sucked and needed replacements as well as his wide receiver core.....c'mon man. Nobody on the Bears wide receiver roster starts anywhere else in the NFL, including Hester.