THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    Two things...

1) The o-line looks as miserable as it did last year.
    2) Why the fuck did the NFL move the kickoffs to the 35? That is the dumbest f'n thing they've done in a long time!! 90% of kickoffs are going to be touchbacks this year! They said they did it because they were trying to reduce the number of special teams/kickoff injuries. Seriously?!?! That's bullshit! The Bears have one of if not the best return teams, and now they've taken away a HUGE part of what the Bears relied on....field position! Dumb!!!

2. yep. they said most injuries happen on special teams. i wouldn't be suprised if the bears were to lead the leauge in % of kickoffs returned
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Two things...

2) Why the fuck did the NFL move the kickoffs to the 35? That is the dumbest f'n thing they've done in a long time!! 90% of kickoffs are going to be touchbacks this year! They said they did it because they were trying to reduce the number of special teams/kickoff injuries. Seriously?!?! That's bullshit! The Bears have one of if not the best return teams, and now they've taken away a HUGE part of what the Bears relied on....field position! Dumb!!!

2. yep. they said most injuries happen on special teams. i wouldn't be suprised if the bears were to lead the leauge in % of kickoffs returned

Ha!
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack

and...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp5084

This rule needs to be changed. Is it possible for the NFL to change a rule during preseason and prior to the regular season starting??
    mca47 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Two things...

Ha!
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack

and...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp5084

This rule needs to be changed. Is it possible for the NFL to change a rule during preseason and prior to the regular season starting??

funny thing is, the annoucers said teams could choose to kick off from teh 30
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    oona left wrote:
    My favorite part of the broadcast tonight (albeit so far; the night is young) is when the older tool that is not Dick Stockton introduced his cohort as, "former star quarterback of the Chicago Bears: Erik Kramer!"

I about choked.

Considering the state of Bears QBs over the past 40-50 years, Erik Kramer's brief period of success qualifies him as a star QB.
    oona left wrote:
    My favorite part of the broadcast tonight (albeit so far; the night is young) is when the older tool that is not Dick Stockton introduced his cohort as, "former star quarterback of the Chicago Bears: Erik Kramer!"

I about choked.

Considering the state of Bears QBs over the past 40-50 years, Erik Kramer's brief period of success qualifies him as a star QB.

his 95 season could easily be considered the best ever by a Bear

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/t ... assing.htm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Yep, it definitely could be one of the best ever by a Bears QB when compared to former greats Craig Krenzel, Henry Burris and Shane Matthews.
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    81 wrote:

Yep, it definitely could be one of the best ever by a Bears QB when compared to former greats Craig Krenzel, Henry Burris and Shane Matthews.

All sarcasm aside, Kramer's 95 season was pretty damn awesome, and wouldve been regardless of what team he was on...
    81 wrote:

All sarcasm aside, Kramer's 95 season was pretty damn awesome, and wouldve been regardless of what team he was on...

No doubt about that.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,499
    man you guys have had some shitty quarterbacks!
    www.myspace.com
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    HANIE HANIE HANIE !!!

Jay Quitler Blows
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain

sort of like Eagles runnings backs.

we've been blessed in teh RB and MLB department. not so much at the qb position. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Yep, whether they are seasoned vets, or highly regarded first rounders...Chicago has been the place where QBs come to destroy their careers.

That said, the Bears have also brought in a bunch...a TON of QBs that didn't deserve to start in college let alone play in the NFL!

Like Cutler or not, if he stays healthy (unlikely with that o-line), he'll be #1 in every Chicago QB category in the next two years.
    CServant wrote:
    HANIE HANIE HANIE !!!

Jay Quitler Blows

Thanks for bringing a lot to the discussion.
    mca47 wrote:

Yep, whether they are seasoned vets, or highly regarded first rounders...Chicago has been the place where QBs come to destroy their careers.

That said, the Bears have also brought in a bunch...a TON of QBs that didn't deserve to start in college let alone play in the NFL!

Like Cutler or not, if he stays healthy (unlikely with that o-line), he'll be #1 in every Chicago QB category in the next two years.

It used to kill me when they would list all of the starting QBs over the past 10-15 years when watching a Bears game...thank god we finally have a respectable QB<

Cutler will shatter every Bears QB record.
    CServant wrote:
    HANIE HANIE HANIE !!!

Jay Quitler Blows

Personally if anyone makes this statement, I think they're showing their football IQ is extremely low... Go read the quotes and statements about Cutler by his teammates and rethink your quitting stance. :roll:
    CServant wrote:
    HANIE HANIE HANIE !!!

Jay Quitler Blows

Personally if anyone makes this statement, I think they're showing their football IQ is extremely low... Go read the quotes and statements about Cutler by his teammates and rethink your quitting stance. :roll:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm

just clicked. i'm going to assume he is a denver fan.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1189171/1/index.htm

Good assumption! I will be at the Bears game in Denver... I'm looking forward to Cutler getting booed and then lighting up that sorry ass excuse for a team!!!
    81 wrote:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1189171/1/index.htm

Good assumption! I will be at the Bears game in Denver... I'm looking forward to Cutler getting booed and then lighting up that sorry ass excuse for a team!!!

My friends and I are making the trip out to Denver too! Can't wait for that one...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,499
    hey dopes, get in the pool:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=164467
    www.myspace.com
    Tice called to see if i could play some o line
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    who needs ocho-cinco, plax , syd rice or steve smith when you can have roy williams dropping EVERYTHING that comes to him?
    Davidtrios wrote:
    who needs ocho-cinco, plax , syd rice or steve smith when you can have roy williams dropping EVERYTHING that comes to him?

less than impressed with roy :?

o line looked decent at times

only 1 sack, and that was half on cutler for not throwing it away
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Roy Williams just loves dropping balls.

That sack was all on Cutler. He was out of the pocket...THROW THE BALL AWAY! It was encouraging to see the O-line play better.
  • Well...
    If ya take away the 97 yard TD run...
    And the 74 yard kickoff return....
    And the blocked punt on your own 6.....

Well then the Bears didnt look all that bad.....hehehehehe

Oh wait...
    We CANT take away those 3 plays......heheheheh
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Roy Williams just loves dropping balls.

That sack was all on Cutler. He was out of the pocket...THROW THE BALL AWAY! It was encouraging to see the O-line play better.

i think it's half and half. the line had to break down and/or the recievers had to be covered for him to be scrambling.

either way, i agree, chuck it out of bounds.

it's going to be along frustrating season. my hope is quickly slipping away
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Bright spots in last nights game (only starter wise). Forte looked great on that screen play. O-Line played pretty well. Allowed Cutler to launch two long strikes. D-looked alright. Back line backers played ok.

Shittyness: Roy Williams WTF catch the ball!!! Martz stupid play calling. example: why run a sweep with Barber as we know he is a North/South runner. Special teams look awful. Why did wee get rid of Olsen again?

All in all it is preseason but I think our division might be the toughest in the league. Green Bay is better if you can believe that. Detroit will put up a fight this year. The stupid Vikings are always going to be a pain in the ass.
    My thoughts on last night:

Offense:
    I thought the o-line looked much better than last week and certainly better than the '10 game against the Giants! They at least allowed the possibility of throwing the ball.
    I think Cutler had a solid game. 170-something yards in a half. Not bad. That one sack was just likely a pre-season "oops".
    WTF Roy Williams? How many balls did he drop...3? Wow, he better get his head out of his ass soon, because 2/3 of those balls were perfectly thrown!
    The backs looked solid. I think the Forte-Barber tandem is going to work out nice.
    I know it's only pre-season, but what the hell kind of play calling is Martz doing?!?! My god, the Giants defensive gameplan was perfect against the Martz system. It seemed pretty clear that they were going to allow the short check-down all night. They knew if they could apply pressure, the Bears QBs would have to get rid of it. While the o-line didn't allow the QB to get hit much, those WRs were still setting up their routes by the time Cutler or Hanie had to unload the ball. If this is a trend, you may consider picking up Forte on your fantasy team, because he's going to get a ton of receptions this year!!

Defense/Special:
    The first D looked alright. Major Wright looked like a high school football player on a couple plays last night. Really? Getting juked so bad by Brandon Jacobs to the point where you fall over on your face? Wow! That Tampa 2 secondary is going to get lit up this year. Mark my words....the Bears will be top 5 again against the rush, and they will also be around 20-25 against the pass this year.
    Returns weren't too bad, but Knox needs to remember about that whole "don't catch a punt in your own 10 yard line" thing. The kick coverage was horrible!

Two weeks left, and a LOT of shit to work on!
    Chester and Vernon are being cut today.

I'm a little bummed about both moves, being a Buckeye fan asa well as Rocket grad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Chester and Vernon are being cut today.

I'm a little bummed about both moves, being a Buckeye fan asa well as Rocket grad.

It's tough to be a Buckeye fan lately, huh? :lol::lol:

Neither move is surprising. I think it's safe to call Gholston a complete bust at this point. Don't think Taylor was going to get many opportunities this year now that Barber is here.
    I didn't think Vernon looked all that bad when i saw him. i don't recall seeing him in this weekends game, but i only caught a few minutes sat night and slept thru most of the replay on sunday.

Taylor's clock was ticking as soon as they signed Barber. such is life.

looks like Sanzebacher could stick. can't under estimate a receiver with good hands.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg