THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• JTH wrote:
    the truly crazy thing is that if you look at the remaining games, there is only one that is "unwinnable" (at Philly). I can easily see the Bears winning the other 5.

Yeah this schedule isn't too bad coming up here.

They have already ruled out Cutler for this Sunday. His ankle must be really bad.
    Unfortunately the Lions have very winnable schedule the remaining weeks as well. Playing Cutler in that game is going to bite Tressman in the ass.
  • Unfortunately the Lions have very winnable schedule the remaining weeks as well. Playing Cutler in that game is going to bite Tressman in the ass.

The injury that is keeping Cutler out is the ankle, not the groin. Trestman definitely left him in there too long vs Detroit, but I don't blame him for playing him when the doctors/trainers cleared him to play.
  • Unfortunately the Lions have very winnable schedule the remaining weeks as well. Playing Cutler in that game is going to bite Tressman in the ass.

The injury that is keeping Cutler out is the ankle, not the groin. Trestman definitely left him in there too long vs Detroit, but I don't blame him for playing him when the doctors/trainers cleared him to play.
    I'm fully aware its the ankle, not the groin. However the ankle injury took place when he was clearly hurting in the Lions game. Once his groin started acting up, he should have been pulled. Trestman left him in too long and he injured his ankle and probably didn't help his groin any either.
  • I'm fully aware its the ankle, not the groin. However the ankle injury took place when he was clearly hurting in the Lions game. Once his groin started acting up, he should have been pulled. Trestman left him in too long and he injured his ankle and probably didn't help his groin any either.

Yeah I don't know if it was the groin or the ankle that first was bothering him against the Lions. Either way, the whole things was not handled well at all. They are aiming for December 1st vs. the Vikings, but he didn't sound too confident about that. Luckily the schedule isn't that hard going forward here.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    If...IF the Bears make the playoffs, they are going to need a healthy Cutler.
    Not knocking McCown. He has done a hell of a job standing in. But those playoff teams are going to put up some big numbers against the Bears D. We need Cutler healthy as he has the means (Bears second in NFL in points before he got hurt) to match those numbers.
  • mca47 wrote:
    Not knocking McCown. He has done a hell of a job standing in. But those playoff teams are going to put up some big numbers against the Bears D. We need Cutler healthy as he has the means (Bears second in NFL in points before he got hurt) to match those numbers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    mca47 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE
    :lol:
    I knew what that video was even before I clicked on it! :lol::lol:
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Great start today, guys.

The PI call against conte was BS. That ball was uncatchable.

But whatever.
    Well, that was pathetic.
    :fp:
  • Madam Cleo's crystal ball sees A.P. setting a single game rushing record against the Bears on Sunday.....that was horrid yesterday.
  • Pathetic. The Rams are a bad running team too. Painful to watch this defense against the run and the pass. Bears have to be last in the league in giving up 3rd down conversions. I was out in LA for the PJ shows....so weird to be watching the bears at 10am.
    Madam Cleo's crystal ball sees A.P. setting a single game rushing record against the Bears on Sunday.....that was horrid yesterday.

If AP doesn't get at least 250 yards on the Bears, he's clearly got a broken leg or something.
    It is going to be UGLY watching AP singlehandedly destroy the Bears.

This is why I'm hoping Cutler comes back sooner than later. Props to McCown for his incredibly play, but Jay has the ability to get the offense 35+ points....which still probably isn't going to be enough. :x :fp:
    I wish the Bears' defense was this effective against the run.
  • The shocking part is the Bears are still alive in this division. NFC North is brutal this year.
  • In case you've never been to Chicago and been to a bar during a Bears game.....typical.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83691222/
    The shocking part is the Bears are still alive in this division. NFC North is brutal this year.
    I knew the NFC North was going to be a close one this year....just didn't expect the team coming out of the North would be so shitty.

Predictions....

Bears 24
    Vikings 37

AP - 267 yards rushing, 120 yards receiving, 4 TDs
    Conte - 6 missed tackles, 7 blown coverages, 3 TDs given up.
    Peppers - Dresses, plays, nobody knows.
    McClellen - 0 Tackles, gets close to the QB once when the Vike's OL trips and falls over his own feet.
    In case you've never been to Chicago and been to a bar during a Bears game.....typical.

*ahem*

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=138209&start=3540#p5369962
  • JTH wrote:
    In case you've never been to Chicago and been to a bar during a Bears game.....typical.

*ahem*

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=138209&start=3540#p5369962
    My bad!
  • JTH wrote:
    I wish the Bears' defense was this effective against the run.

That's definitely in front of the Emerald Isle in Edison Park. I grew up at that bar!
  • mca47 wrote:
    The shocking part is the Bears are still alive in this division. NFC North is brutal this year.
    I knew the NFC North was going to be a close one this year....just didn't expect the team coming out of the North would be so shitty.

Predictions....

Bears 24
    Vikings 37

AP - 267 yards rushing, 120 yards receiving, 4 TDs
    Conte - 6 missed tackles, 7 blown coverages, 3 TDs given up.
    Peppers - Dresses, plays, nobody knows.
    McClellen - 0 Tackles, gets close to the QB once when the Vike's OL trips and falls over his own feet.

You forgot Contes 3 pass interference, 2 holding calls (3 of those 5 penalties on 3rd on longs), and a dropped interception. Otherwise, spot on.
  • Bears 23
    Vikings 20
    Nice shirt.
  • I cant believe Gould missed that
  • I cant believe Gould missed that

I can't believe Trestman didn't leave the offense out there to make it a shorter FG. 47 yards isn't a gimme. Whatever…this team blows anyways. Defense is pathetic.
    I cant believe Gould missed that

I can't believe Trestman didn't leave the offense out there to make it a shorter FG. 47 yards isn't a gimme. Whatever…this team blows anyways. Defense is pathetic.
    Yep. Dumb! It was only 2nd down.... :fp:
  • we really need that one yesterday. Not giving up , but not looking good.
    00' Noblesville, IN 03' Lexington, KY, 13' Wrigley
    johnmc1976 wrote:
    we really need that one yesterday. Not giving up , but not looking good.
    Gonna have to win out. Don't see that happening.
  • mca47 wrote:
    johnmc1976 wrote:

Especially with the Cowboys coming to town after an 11 day rest. You're going down.

Go Romo.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • mca47 wrote:
    johnmc1976 wrote:

Especially with the Cowboys coming to town after an 11 day rest. You're going down.

Go Romo.
    Its over. Actually, if you didn't see it coming after losing to St. Louis you weren't watching very close. Another year of waiting......
    Its over. Actually, if you didn't see it coming after losing to St. Louis you weren't watching very close. Another year of waiting......

Yeah, I don't see the Bears winning out AND the Lions losing two.
    Such a disappointing season. :x
  • mca47 wrote:

Yeah, I don't see the Bears winning out AND the Lions losing two.
    Such a disappointing season. :x

Yep hard to see that. Even if they did somehow make it into the playoffs, this team is going nowhere with that horseshit defense.