THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• I would seriously consider giving #54 a call.........

Of all the things that need an upgrade at Soldier Field, WIFI was very low on my list.....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... 3655.story

I don't think Urlacher would make much of a difference. At this point, I'd much rather have these young guys play and see what we have there.

Soldier Field is such a dump. How about they improve the fucking mess that is the parking and bathroom situations there first???
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I would seriously consider giving #54 a call.........

Of all the things that need an upgrade at Soldier Field, WIFI was very low on my list.....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... 3655.story

I don't think Urlacher would make much of a difference. At this point, I'd much rather have these young guys play and see what we have there.

Soldier Field is such a dump. How about they improve the fucking mess that is the parking and bathroom situations there first???
    I'm looking forward to seeing how Bostic and Greene play, and play together. I'm just hoping for a tiny glimmer of hope at this point from the D.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Buddy of mine just let me know that he's got an extra ticket for Monday night's game.

I really need to think about this one. Monday night in Lambeau would be fun as hell, but do I really want to go up there just to be an eyewitness to the slaughter?
  • JTH wrote:
    Buddy of mine just let me know that he's got an extra ticket for Monday night's game.

I really need to think about this one. Monday night in Lambeau would be fun as hell, but do I really want to go up there just to be an eyewitness to the slaughter?

That's a tough call. I've always wanted to see the Bears play up in GB, so it would be hard to turn that down as bad as the game will probably be.
    I just found out the ticket is free and that I've got a free place to stay. I think I'd be foolish to pass on this.
  • JTH wrote:
    I just found out the ticket is free and that I've got a free place to stay. I think I'd be foolish to pass on this.

Oh wow, even better. You have to go. At least it will be a great tailgate! And who knows, maybe the Bears win...NFL has been crazy this year.
    Bears 10
    Deer Fuckers 37

Gonna be ugly...and I'm not talking about Packer fans...

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Bear down!!!

Great job by McCown. Run D still sucks. Sounds like Cutler will be ready for Sunday vs. Detroit.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I say they rest Jay, stay with the hot hand! mccown looked so poised and looked like he was calm and knew the offense well. it's refreshing to see a bears qb that doesnt throw from his backfoot. jay will never learn :roll:
  • davidtrios wrote:
    I say they rest Jay, stay with the hot hand! mccown looked so poised and looked like he was calm and knew the offense well. it's refreshing to see a bears qb that doesnt throw from his backfoot. jay will never learn :roll:

If Cutler is ready, he'll play. He's having his best season as a Bear. Sure, McCown looked good last night, but the guy is a career backup QB for a reason. I can't wait to hear all the meatballs calling into sports radio this week saying McCown will take us to the Super Bowl.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    davidtrios wrote:

If Cutler is ready, he'll play. He's having his best season as a Bear. Sure, McCown looked good last night, but the guy is a career backup QB for a reason. I can't wait to hear all the meatballs calling into sports radio this week saying McCown will take us to the Super Bowl.

Sign Luke McNown! Cut Jay, sign a Safety!
    davidtrios wrote:
    I think they should rest Jay. The last thing we need is a guy with a groin injury running for his life from guys like Suh.
    I don't understand your comment though. The Bears were #2 in the NFL in points scored with Jay before his injury. Jay was #4 in QBR...
    Am I missing something?
    davidtrios wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

Sign Luke McNown! Cut Jay, sign a Safety!
    :fp:
  • mca47 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    I think they should rest Jay. The last thing we need is a guy with a groin injury running for his life from guys like Suh.
    I don't understand your comment though. The Bears were #2 in the NFL in points scored with Jay before his injury. Jay was #4 in QBR...
    Am I missing something?

If he is 100%, then play him. If he's not 100%, don't play him. It's pretty simple.
    who the fuck is Luke McNown? Cade's brother?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    mca47 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    Am I missing something?

If he is 100%, then play him. If he's not 100%, don't play him. It's pretty simple.
    Agreed.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Cutler cleared to play. Will start against Detroit. Suh will be looking for blood.
  • Cutler cleared to play. Will start against Detroit. Suh will be looking for blood.

We better win on Sunday. I fucking hate the Lions. Pretty sure I hate them more than the Packers at this point.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Another day at the office for Stafford and CO.
    I blame Trestman for this loss. Cutty played well considering his groin injury and his ankle injury. Trestman should have pulled him earlier.
    Also, the 4-1 running play... :fp:
    The 2 pt RUNNING PLAY!?!?! :fp:
    We can't run for shit! The passing game is all we had and for the most part it worked well today. Ugh!
  • mca47 wrote:
    I blame Trestman for this loss. Cutty played well considering his groin injury and his ankle injury. Trestman should have pulled him earlier.
    We can't run for shit! The passing game is all we had and for the most part it worked well today. Ugh!

Completely agree…this one is on Trestman. Should have taken the 3 points in the 1st half instead of going for it on 4th and 1. Cutler should have been pulled in the 3rd quarter when it's obvious that he was hurt. And then that 2 point conversion play??? What the fuck was that??? They had a TO to use and they didn't use it…no need to be rushed there. Take a TO and figure it out. And don't run the fucking ball when you have Marshall and Jeffrey. Brutal.
    mca47 wrote:

Completely agree…this one is on Trestman. Should have taken the 3 points in the 1st half instead of going for it on 4th and 1. Cutler should have been pulled in the 3rd quarter when it's obvious that he was hurt. And then that 2 point conversion play??? What the fuck was that??? They had a TO to use and they didn't use it…no need to be rushed there. Take a TO and figure it out. And don't run the fucking ball when you have Marshall and Jeffrey. Brutal.
    Not sure why they called a man to man (cover 1) with the Lions 3rd and 10. Peanut is a hell of a CB, but to call man on that play at that point in the game?!?!? :fp: As shitty as our safeties are, there is no reason to not to provide safety support on that play!!!

Terrible!!!
  • What was cutler doing out there int he second half? His groin injury was clearly bothering him and affecting his play. Really selfish on his part to stay out there and really stupid of the coach(es) to let him play. They have a decent backup QB. But they wait until the final drive of the 4th quarter to put him out there, behind by 8 points. I like Cutler, but he's a real asshole. Put your team first!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • What was cutler doing out there int he second half? His groin injury was clearly bothering him and affecting his play. Really selfish on his part to stay out there and really stupid of the coach(es) to let him play. They have a decent backup QB. But they wait until the final drive of the 4th quarter to put him out there, behind by 8 points. I like Cutler, but he's a real asshole. Put your team first!

I don't blame Cutler for wanting to play. Most players are going to stay in there until the coaches take them out. I put this one on the coaches…no reason for Cutler to have been out there when it was clear that he was hurt. :fp:

I don't blame Cutler for wanting to play. Most players are going to stay in there until the coaches take them out. I put this one on the coaches…no reason for Cutler to have been out there when it was clear that he was hurt. :fp:
    I put blame on Cutler. It is not fair to the other players. If Cutler is not 100%, and cannot perform is job,then he should have taken himself out. Its a TEAM game. Especially when the backup quarterback is capable.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

• Especially when the backup quarterback is capable.

This & his contract coming up may be why he decided to stay in :ugeek: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • I put blame on Cutler. It is not fair to the other players. If Cutler is not 100%, and cannot perform is job,then he should have taken himself out. Its a TEAM game. Especially when the backup quarterback is capable.

I completely get what you're saying and some blame should be put on Cutler, but the coaches have to step in at some point. Cutler is out there limping around and they continued to put him back in there.
  • I put blame on Cutler. It is not fair to the other players. If Cutler is not 100%, and cannot perform is job,then he should have taken himself out. Its a TEAM game. Especially when the backup quarterback is capable.

I completely get what you're saying and some blame should be put on Cutler, but the coaches have to step in at some point. Cutler is out there limping around and they continued to put him back in there.
    Oh trust me...
    Trestman is an ass.
    When Cutler started limping around, and grabbing his TRESTICLES, he should have been yanked.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    What was cutler doing out there int he second half? His groin injury was clearly bothering him and affecting his play. Really selfish on his part to stay out there and really stupid of the coach(es) to let him play. They have a decent backup QB. But they wait until the final drive of the 4th quarter to put him out there, behind by 8 points. I like Cutler, but he's a real asshole. Put your team first!

Cutler had nothing to do with it. He kept asking the coaches if they wanted him to keep playing saying he didn't want to be a detriment to the team if he wasn't performing...
    From ESPN Chicago...

"It's not as if the Bears didn't discuss pulling Cutler beforehand. They talked about it throughout the second half as Cutler struggled.
    "I just asked him at one point, 'Do I look OK and am I still getting it done?'" Cutler said. "Because I felt really restricted in the pocket with what I was able to do. [The ball] wasn't getting out as quick. Some of my throws didn't have as much on them as I wanted. I knew Josh was ready to go and I just didn't want to get to the point where I was hurting us more than I was helping us."
    "With Cutler's full blessing, Trestman finally changed quarterbacks for the last drive. It almost worked."

An "asshole" for discussing the injury with the coaching staff only to be told "go back out there"?
    He was a "pussy" in the NFC Championship game for sitting out with an injury, now he's an "asshole" for gutting it out? :fp:
    The guy can't seem to do anything right....
    mca47 wrote:
    An "asshole" for discussing the injury with the coaching staff only to be told "go back out there"?
    He was a "pussy" in the NFC Championship game for sitting out with an injury, now he's an "asshole" for gutting it out? :fp:
    The guy can't seem to do anything right....
    Yep. I"m pretty sure he told Forte to run directly into Fairley's arms on that 2-point conversion attempt.

Oh, and Gould's godawful onside kick attempt? That was Cutler's fault, too.