THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    JTH wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    An "asshole" for discussing the injury with the coaching staff only to be told "go back out there"?
    He was a "pussy" in the NFC Championship game for sitting out with an injury, now he's an "asshole" for gutting it out? :fp:
    The guy can't seem to do anything right....
    Yep. I"m pretty sure he told Forte to run directly into Fairley's arms on that 2-point conversion attempt.

Oh, and Gould's godawful onside kick attempt? That was Cutler's fault, too.

Right? I mean, did anyone actually watch the post-game interviews or read up on the game? Facts, schmacks. :fp: :lol:

I do blame Jay for Alshon's dropped TD though. Everyone knows Alshon can't catch a perfectly thrown ball! Stupid Jay! I also blame Jay for Alshon's non-TD catch that would have won the game too. A better throw wouldn't have resulted in a bobbled catch...clearly. I also blame Jay for B.Marsh's dropped passes. Clearly thrown too hard for the million dollar WR to pull in.
    F you Jay! Pussy/Asshole!
    :lol:
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    mca47 wrote:
    I do blame Jay for Alshon's dropped TD though. Everyone knows Alshon can't catch a perfectly thrown ball! Stupid Jay! I also blame Jay for Alshon's non-TD catch that would have won the game too. A better throw wouldn't have resulted in a bobbled catch...clearly. I also blame Jay for B.Marsh's dropped passes. Clearly thrown too hard for the million dollar WR to pull in.
    You know that shorthanded goal the Hawks gave up last night?

You guessed it.
    JTH wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    You know that shorthanded goal the Hawks gave up last night?

You guessed it.
    I was wondering what the hell happened! Makes sense. Fn #6!
    I wonder if Kevin Butler is embarassed to say he once wore #6 as a Chicago Bear? I bet he is.
  • mca47 wrote:
    Cutler had nothing to do with it. He kept asking the coaches if they wanted him to keep playing saying he didn't want to be a detriment to the team if he wasn't performing...
    From ESPN Chicago...

"It's not as if the Bears didn't discuss pulling Cutler beforehand. They talked about it throughout the second half as Cutler struggled.
    "I just asked him at one point, 'Do I look OK and am I still getting it done?'" Cutler said. "Because I felt really restricted in the pocket with what I was able to do. [The ball] wasn't getting out as quick. Some of my throws didn't have as much on them as I wanted. I knew Josh was ready to go and I just didn't want to get to the point where I was hurting us more than I was helping us."
    "With Cutler's full blessing, Trestman finally changed quarterbacks for the last drive. It almost worked."

An "asshole" for discussing the injury with the coaching staff only to be told "go back out there"?
    He was a "pussy" in the NFC Championship game for sitting out with an injury, now he's an "asshole" for gutting it out? :fp:
    The guy can't seem to do anything right....

Yep. No matter what Cutler does, people will find something wrong with it. Trestman and his staff should be embarrassed by their performance yesterday.

And McCown is starting this Sunday.
  • mca47 wrote:
    What was cutler doing out there int he second half? His groin injury was clearly bothering him and affecting his play. Really selfish on his part to stay out there and really stupid of the coach(es) to let him play. They have a decent backup QB. But they wait until the final drive of the 4th quarter to put him out there, behind by 8 points. I like Cutler, but he's a real asshole. Put your team first!

I stand corrected. Good to know, thanks!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    mca47 wrote:
    What was cutler doing out there int he second half? His groin injury was clearly bothering him and affecting his play. Really selfish on his part to stay out there and really stupid of the coach(es) to let him play. They have a decent backup QB. But they wait until the final drive of the 4th quarter to put him out there, behind by 8 points. I like Cutler, but he's a real asshole. Put your team first!

I stand corrected. Good to know, thanks!
    Sorry, wasn't trying to come off as an ass. It just drives me nuts when people point blame at a guy who was just doing as he was told and was more than willing to sit aside for the good of the team. Read lots of blogs and comments from people who just made me want to :fp:
    Glad to hear McCown is starting. I hope that doesn't mean Jay's ankle or groin is that f'd up. If Trestman rushed him back too soon, played him too early (and too long) and he's going to have to battle this injury the rest of the season...coach is going to have a lot of pissed off Bear fans.
    I think we're super lucky to have a quality backup. Hard to find in the NFL!
    Tillman on IR!

:fp: :fp:
  • mca47 wrote:
    Tillman on IR!

Getting killed with injuries this year. Just one of those seasons…fucking brutal. Hopefully Emery is ready to rebuild this defense in the offseason. I can't believe we've turned into a team that has a great offense and shitty defense. It has been the opposite my whole life.
    mca47 wrote:
    Tillman on IR!

Yeah, but it's IR with designation to return!

So he can come back for the playoffs! :lolno:
    JTH wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Tillman on IR!

:lol::lol: :fp:
  • mca47 wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Tillman on IR!

:lol::lol: :fp:

He'll be back just in time for our super bowl run!

I have a feeling that Peanut has played his last game as a Bear.

:nono: His last REGULAR SEASON game as a Bear. :lolno:
  • JTH wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Tillman on IR!

Um....playoffs?

He'll be back just in time for our super bowl run!

You're probably right. While injury prone this year, he was still playing solid. He'll want (and is worth) waaaay more than the Bears will offer or can afford. I hope we can keep him, but I'm almost certain he'll be gone...just hope he doesn't go to another NFC North team!
  • Cutler officially out this week. This season has become pretty depressing with all these injuries...
    Cutler officially out this week. This season has become pretty depressing with all these injuries...
    I thought that was determined a few days ago. No surprise I guess.
    Baltimore is a very beatable team even with a backup QB. I just hope Flacco has one of his "off" games...though your average college QB could probably put up 300+ yards on this Bears defense. :x
  • Playing Cutler last week was just nonsense....

Ravens 24
    Bears 21
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mca47 wrote:
    Cutler officially out this week. This season has become pretty depressing with all these injuries...
    I thought that was determined a few days ago. No surprise I guess.
    Baltimore is a very beatable team even with a backup QB. I just hope Flacco has one of his "off" games...though your average college QB could probably put up 300+ yards on this Bears defense. :x

Yeah, Baltimore has not been impressive at all this year. Even the games that they have won have been ugly. They have zero running game, but the Bears D could probably help change that. :fp: McCown has looked good when he has played so I think the Bears can take this one. Either way, I expect one of those ugly games with a final score around 17-14 or something like that.
    Bears 30
    Ravens 24
  • Bears 28
    Ravens 17

:corn:
    Nice shirt.
    Bears 28
    Ravens 17

:corn:
    I don't think you're too far off the mark on that one. I was thinking something like...

Bears 31
    Ravens 17
  • Hopefully the rain delay will help the bears pathetic defense.
    Bears!!!!!!
  • mca47 wrote:
    Bears!!!!!!

Crazy game. Awesome win in those conditions. Detroit and GB lose too….Bears are in a good spot right now.
  • reminded me of PJ concert in Wrigley this past summer. So glad they pulled it out. Back in first baby...........................
    00' Noblesville, IN 03' Lexington, KY, 13' Wrigley
    over 100 yards given up in penalty yardage? You're not supposed to win those kinds of games.
  • JTH wrote:
    over 100 yards given up in penalty yardage? You're not supposed to win those kinds of games.

Yep. It wasn't pretty but a win is a win. Can't believe this team is tied for first place right now.
    the truly crazy thing is that if you look at the remaining games, there is only one that is "unwinnable" (at Philly). I can easily see the Bears winning the other 5.
  • JTH wrote:
    the truly crazy thing is that if you look at the remaining games, there is only one that is "unwinnable" (at Philly). I can easily see the Bears winning the other 5.

Yeah this schedule isn't too bad coming up here.

They have already ruled out Cutler for this Sunday. His ankle must be really bad.
    JTH wrote:

Yeah this schedule isn't too bad coming up here.

They have already ruled out Cutler for this Sunday. His ankle must be really bad.
    Yeah, they say he was still in a walking boot after the game yesterday.
    Looks like the NFC North is gonna come down to the very last week.