Options

ILYA KOVALCHUCK STILL A DEVIL!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    OK Conspiracy theorists...
    ESPN is reporting that the Devils and Lou were aware that the NHL was going to turn down the contract BEFORE the press conference announcing the signing of Ilya...

Why would they do that... Force the league to make the decision, so that the NHLPA get involved? Lou gets his way on these types of contracts (he obviously was against it)?

I am having trouble understanding this if they really wanted Kovalchuk...

the main thing to take out of this is that nobody really gives a fuck besides 8,000 or so in new jersey :lol:

More people showed up for pearl jam concert there and even that wasn't sold out haha
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    metsfan wrote:
    OK Conspiracy theorists...
    ESPN is reporting that the Devils and Lou were aware that the NHL was going to turn down the contract BEFORE the press conference announcing the signing of Ilya...

Why would they do that... Force the league to make the decision, so that the NHLPA get involved? Lou gets his way on these types of contracts (he obviously was against it)?

I am having trouble understanding this if they really wanted Kovalchuk...

the main thing to take out of this is that nobody really gives a fuck besides 8,000 or so in new jersey :lol:

More people showed up for pearl jam concert there and even that wasn't sold out haha

not even close pj crowd was bigger than any cup game
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    yeah, not too sure why a player would voluntarily go to a team that draws 9,000 ppl for a home game, and 13,000 for a playoff game.

but to each their own.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    rival. wrote:
    yeah, not too sure why a player would voluntarily go to a team that draws 9,000 ppl for a home game, and 13,000 for a playoff game.

but to each their own.
    money20house.jpg
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    rival. wrote:

but to each their own.
    money20house.jpg

where did you get a picture of my crib ?

habs suck :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar wrote:
    rival. wrote:

but to each their own.
    money20house.jpg

where did you get a picture of my crib ?

habs suck :mrgreen:
    You wish! (on both counts!)
  • Options
    you want a dude that wears leather skirts!?

:lol:

http://www.kiltmen.com/celeb-ilya_kovalchuk1.JPG
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    you want a dude that wears leather skirts!?

:lol:

http://www.kiltmen.com/celeb-ilya_kovalchuk1.JPG

oh my lord :lol:
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    metsfan wrote:

Good point. New Jersey has never been a good state/venue in general for large crowds. I would say the Giants and Jets are the exception, but only playing 8 home games a year helps. Even when the Nets were conference champions (twice), their following regular seasons were far from selling out. Basketball is much more popular than hockey too so it's nothing against the Devils why they don't sell out.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    JasonE wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Good point. New Jersey has never been a good state/venue in general for large crowds. I would say the Giants and Jets are the exception, but only playing 8 home games a year helps. Even when the Nets were conference champions (twice), their following regular seasons were far from selling out. Basketball is much more popular than hockey too so it's nothing against the Devils why they don't sell out.

thats why giants/jets are labeled NY teams, and when the nets move to brooklyn, the devils will be the only professional team in the state. i'm originally from jersey, and that is pretty shitty.

bergen county really should be considered a borough of NYC.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    You guys are jokers. I am sorry the Devils cannot sell out as much as the Rangers. I guess you guys would rather have more people, mostly corporate tickets, in your building then a team that actually can play. I am speaking to Ranger Fans. If your only argument is the Devils suck because they do not sell out their building then you must not know much about hockey. In a way I am glad they do not sell out so when I come back for a visit there are tickets available. Now continue watching your pathetic team go another year without giving the fans any hope.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    You guys are jokers. I am sorry the Devils cannot sell out as much as the Rangers. I guess you guys would rather have more people, mostly corporate tickets, in your building then a team that actually can play. I am speaking to Ranger Fans. If your only argument is the Devils suck because they do not sell out their building then you must not know much about hockey. In a way I am glad they do not sell out so when I come back for a visit there are tickets available. Now continue watching your pathetic team go another year without giving the fans any hope.

and with all that said i'd rather be a rangers fan than a fairweather devils fan any day

empty arena till the post season..what a joke

and wait till fathead retires ...be lucky to get 5,000 per game
  • Options

this.

and devil fans are the ones with their blinders on. they are clearly a franchise in decline and not one fan can admit to it. ranger fans are realists... when the team sucks, we admit it.
  • Options

and with all that said i'd rather be a rangers fan than a fairweather devils fan any day

empty arena till the post season..what a joke

Fair-weather, yeah ok. Go enjoy mediocrity while I enjoy a competitive team.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

this.

and devil fans are the ones with their blinders on. they are clearly a franchise in decline and not one fan can admit to it. ranger fans are realists... when the team sucks, we admit it.

How are they in decline? Tell me. So when Marty retires the team will not win anymore? Please, the difference between the Rangers and Devils is the GM. Lou is way more prepared for the present and future the Glen. Sather is not even in the same league as Lou.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

since when are the devils anything more than mediocre? since the lock out you guys have only won one more playoff game than the rangers. and that includes us not making it last season.

one and done. story of the NJ devils. san jose sharks of the east!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

this.

Sather is not even in the same league as Lou.

captain obvious.

go take a peak at the blueshirt thread... we've been calling for his head for years.
  • Options
    JasonE wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

jets and giants sell out cause of the ny fanbase. if they were always a jersey team they wouldn't sell out. they be like the jaguars.

• Options
    talk shit when you can sell out a playoff or even a stanley cup game. funny how i coulda gotten good seats day of the stanley cup a few years back. hell even the islanders sold their playoff games back in the early 00's no one in jersey cares bout sports. look at how awful the nets did when they were in the nba championship. the nets were giving away tickets basically for free just so the arena was\sold out.

the devils are just as much as pathetic as the rags are. keep going one and done year after year and keep loosing good players like gomez and martin and soon to be parise. thats something any fan should be proud after not to long ago being a dynasty.

• Options
    rival. wrote:

since when are the devils anything more than mediocre? since the lock out you guys have only won one more playoff game than the rangers. and that includes us not making it last season.

not to mention we are 4-1 against them in the playoffs i think
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    talk shit when you can sell out a playoff or even a stanley cup game. funny how i coulda gotten good seats day of the stanley cup a few years back. hell even the islanders sold their playoff games back in the early 00's no one in jersey cares bout sports. look at how awful the nets did when they were in the nba championship. the nets were giving away tickets basically for free just so the arena was\sold out.

the devils are just as much as pathetic as the rags are. keep going one and done year after year and keep loosing good players like gomez and martin and soon to be parise. thats something any fan should be proud after not to long ago being a dynasty.

Yeah Gomez seemed to work out so well for the Rangers :roll: . Your team decided to overpay and look what happend you got stuck with someone that did not produce. Like I said if all te trash you can talk is about attendance then whatever. There is only one team that can talk shit and that is the champions.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

exactly. and their one win was when jagr had an arm hanging on by a thread (played 2 games with his arm in a sling) and an injured lundqvist.

that '97 series was great. winning in NJ with graves' wrap around in OT. similar to matteau.

remember richter in game one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaW2U77wUoU
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

if you are going with history, 2 cups since WWII.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

if you are going with history, 2 cups since WWII.

and a parade/celebration that will be remembered more than the next 50 you cats win combined
  • Options
    and a parade/celebration that will be remembered more than the next 50 you cats win combined

Well they only had 54 years to plan it, I hope it was a good parade.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

Yeah Gomez seemed to work out so well for the Rangers :roll: . Your team decided to overpay and look what happend you got stuck with someone that did not produce. Like I said if all te trash you can talk is about attendance then whatever. There is only one team that can talk shit and that is the champions.
    yea and look what the devils are doing. overpaying for a guy in his prime just like the islanders did in yashin. but good on lou for finding a way around the cba :roll:.

i can't believe i'm even defending the rags but when you can't even sell out a stanley cup game or a playoff game that's pretty pathetic. i also love how devils fan pop outta the swamplands on as soon as the devils sign a big name player. where were all of you this recent post season on here.

• Options

something you or your team will NEVER EVER EVER experience in your life.I mean the parking lot is cool and all .... :lol::lol:
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

yea and look what the devils are doing. overpaying for a guy in his prime just like the islanders did in yashin. but good on lou for finding a way around the cba :roll:.

i can't believe i'm even defending the rags but when you can't even sell out a stanley cup game or a playoff game that's pretty pathetic. i also love how devils fan pop outta the swamplands on as soon as the devils sign a big name player. where were all of you this recent post season on here.

Watching the games playing, playing with my kids, on other boards, really did not come to this one for hockey talk more PJ talk. I have been watching the Devils since i was 8 or so so a good 24 years now. I for got I needed to prove how big of a fan I am on a Pearl Jam board.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

something you or your team will NEVER EVER EVER experience in your life.I mean the parking lot is cool and all .... :lol::lol:

Well I still have the Yankees :D .
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options

dude, stop taking other people's come back's. fife said the same thing a few pages back.

NYC treats all championship teams with the same praise. sorry you had to share the parking lot with the meadowlands fair.