Options

ILYA KOVALCHUCK STILL A DEVIL!!!!!

brother123brother123 Posts: 792
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Ah finally the saga ends.

Jesus we've lucked out good this offseason. Now maybe we can pull our heads out of our asses and get the fucking Cup back where it belongs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    brother123 wrote:

Jesus we've lucked out good this offseason. Now maybe we can pull our heads out of our asses and get the fucking Cup back where it belongs.

I am very happy. now my flyers can get a goalie from LA for carter. Oh and no way the devils make it close to the cup.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    brother123 wrote:

Thank god! Do you know the status on Parise?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    and 10,000 people will still show up every game
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    brother123 wrote:

I didn't know there was a status on Parise. As for as I know we have him for this year and then hopefully he'll sign again next. I'd really hate to lose him. He's a tremendous force on the ice
  • Options
    brother123 wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:
    brother123 wrote:

I didn't know there was a status on Parise. As for as I know we have him for this year and then hopefully he'll sign again next. I'd really hate to lose him. He's a tremendous force on the ice

depending on how long the deal with Kova is for. don't be surprised if you see i team like the Leafs or the oilers go for Parise. they will have alot of cap space.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    brother123 wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:
    brother123 wrote:

i was asking you cause i didnt know :lol:

I heard that his contract was up but I have absolutely no details.

We can't lose him, he is one of the big team leaders.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    depending on how long the deal with Kova is for. don't be surprised if you see i team like the Leafs or the oilers go for Parise. they will have alot of cap space.

I'm aware of this. We have a great line now and for him to exit next year is a concern. i'm awaiting the details because if it's a big contract we'll be forced to make room and this could actually hurt us. I'd doubt Lou would do this though.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    you are happy about a 17 year deal? the guy will be 44 and still playing for the devils? i hope for the sake of devil fans, the 17 is a type-o.

fact still remains, the devils will not win another big game with brodeur in net. dude is wayyyyyy past his prime.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    17yr deal that can reach up to 150million?????? That might be the dumbiest contract ever.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    you are happy about a 17 year deal? the guy will be 44 and still playing for the devils? i hope for the sake of devil fans, the 17 is a type-o.

fact still remains, the devils will not win another big game with brodeur in net. dude is wayyyyyy past his prime.

No details are mentioned with the signing what you''ve (and I) read is speculations, rumors. Fact eh? We'll see, nothing is impossible and I know i'm in the minority here being a Devils fan but fuck, I have faith
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    The Flyers can bottle that guy up all day. Glad you kept him! Goal scorer, but not a winner.

17 years? Is this a cicada contract?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    What a bunch of idiot the lawyers the NHL must have had when negotiating the CBA. Not one of them could foresee teams pulling this shit? Morons, and there is nothing they can do about it.
  • Options
    No one is playing at 44 years old and he is clearly not going to play out a 17 year contract (or whatever it ends up being). Come on, I am not even a hockey fan and I know this shit. The Devils are essentially taking a piss on the CBA since the salary cap deals with the average annual salary over the life of the contact, not each years salary.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

no info was released about the contract. the 17 years was just a rumor. Give Lou (a Great GM) the benefit that he knows what he is doing.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    rival. wrote:

no info was released about the contract. the 17 years was just a rumor. Give Lou (a Great GM) the benefit that he knows what he is doing.

See above (edit: well now on the last page). It is all about the cap hit. They know he is not going to play that long but they can front load the contract, make it for 17 years and take less of a cap hit. The salary cap hit is all about the average annual value of the contract, not what he is actually getting paid each year.

Say they front load the contact so he is getting paid $12 mil next year but the average annual salary is like $6.5 over 17 years. The Devils get hit on the $6.5 and not the $12 so they can lessen the hit now when he is productive and then say he retires after 12 years when he is only getting paid $1.5 mil they wont take a hit.
  • Options
    17yr deal that can reach up to 150million?????? That might be the dumbiest contract ever.

Prongers deal, while not as long is structured the exact same way.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Not the first time this has happened. Won't be the last... Probably the biggest talent that has been an UFA since the last CBA, so it was bound to be a long one...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    wow, sorry i missed an article that did say that ESPn is reporting that it is a 17 year contract. Lou, Lou have you made a mistake here?
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    wow, sorry i missed an article that did say that ESPn is reporting that it is a 17 year contract. Lou, Lou have you made a mistake here?

You serious? Read all the posts, he is not playing for 17 years. It is all about the money and the salary cap hit.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    fife wrote:

You serious? Read all the posts, he is not playing for 17 years. It is all about the money and the salary cap hit.

i know he is not going to be playing for 17 years, i said his contract is for 17 years. I did read the post.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    fife wrote:

i know he is not going to be playing for 17 years, i said his contract is for 17 years. I did read the post.

Gotcha, was just confused as to why you were saying it was an awful deal.
  • Options
    [
    You serious? Read all the posts, he is not playing for 17 years. It is all about the money and the salary cap hit.[/quote]

i know he is not going to be playing for 17 years, i said his contract is for 17 years. I did read the post.[/quote]

Gotcha, was just confused as to why you were saying it was an awful deal.[/quote]

no problem, I do actually think it is a bad deal. they still have to sign Parise this coming year and i think he is better all around than Kova.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    [

i know he is not going to be playing for 17 years, i said his contract is for 17 years. I did read the post.[/quote]

Gotcha, was just confused as to why you were saying it was an awful deal.[/quote]

no problem, I do actually think it is a bad deal. they still have to sign Parise this coming year and i think he is better all around than Kova.[/quote]
    That's why the 17 years... Should keep the average down to get both of them after some of the old vets get shipped off...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    no problem, I do actually think it is a bad deal. they still have to sign Parise this coming year and i think he is better all around than Kova.[/quote]

That's why the 17 years... Should keep the average down to get both of them after some of the old vets get shipped off...[/quote]

but I think Zack is going to want a contract like this for him and i don't know if NJ will so that. I can really see Zack going to the leafs or the oilers. they have the cap room.
  • Options
    fife wrote:

but I think Zack is going to want a contract like this for him and i don't know if NJ will so that. I can really see Zack going to the leafs or the oilers. they have the cap room.
    I'm an optimist... No way Lou would not have Zach in the back of his mind when he does this... He will backload Zach's contract... I bet he gets one done before the season...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    fife wrote:

I'm an optimist... No way Lou would not have Zach in the back of his mind when he does this... He will backload Zach's contract... I bet he gets one done before the season...

maybe, just please don't let him go to the leafs. as a non-leaf fan living in Toronto i hate them already but if they get Zack than the whole "we will win the cup this year" cheer will come back and then i will have to kill someone and then end up in jail.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    fife wrote:

maybe, just please don't let him go to the leafs. as a non-leaf fan living in Toronto i hate them already but if they get Zack than the whole "we will win the cup this year" cheer will come back and then i will have to kill someone and then end up in jail.
    LOL, I never met a non-leaf Toronto type...
    How's that working out...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    i hope zach doesn't leave us next year. He's an awesome player and I agree. While Kovy is great he's no Parise
  • Options
    [
    I'm an optimist... No way Lou would not have Zach in the back of his mind when he does this... He will backload Zach's contract... I bet he gets one done before the season...[/quote]

maybe, just please don't let him go to the leafs. as a non-leaf fan living in Toronto i hate them already but if they get Zack than the whole "we will win the cup this year" cheer will come back and then i will have to kill someone and then end up in jail.[/quote]
    LOL, I never met a non-leaf Toronto type...
    How's that working out...[/quote]

its actually alot of fun sometimes. I get free tickets all the time to see them play as i have a friend who works at a bank and they have season tickets. i tend to be the guy who gets into fights with the fans as i boo everything the leafs do. the only other team i hate as much is the Pens. 2 years ago i went to a leaf pens game and booed both teams.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    brother123 wrote:
    i hope zach doesn't leave us next year. He's an awesome play and I agree. While Kovy is great he's no Parise

gained TONS of respect for zach during the olympics. he truly is a talented player. i just have to hate him as a ranger fan. but i am OK with cheering for him once every 4 years for team USA.