Options

ILYA KOVALCHUCK STILL A DEVIL!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    rival. wrote:
    and a parade/celebration that will be remembered more than the next 50 you cats win combined

Well they only had 54 years to plan it, I hope it was a good parade.

dude, stop taking other people's come back's. fife said the same thing a few pages back.

NYC treats all championship teams with the same praise. sorry you had to share the parking lot with the meadowlands fair.

I am sure he is the only one to ever say or think that.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    this is good though. whoever you root for, it's good to see a 17 page hockey thread in the offseason. good stuff.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    this is good though. whoever you root for, it's good to see a 17 page hockey thread in the offseason. good stuff.
    The thing is I have plenty of friends that are Rangers Fans. We go at it all the time. In truth, please do not take this the wrong way, I wish the Rangers were better. Not saying the Devils are unstopable, but there was a time when the Devils Rangers series was so lopsided for the Devils that it was not fun for our fued. I like that the Rangers are better now it makes it more interesting for me when I go back home. It is also good for hockey in the NJ/NY area.

Do I believe the contract is a farse yes. I also believe there is nothing wrong with it according to the current CBA. I also wish there were more passionate fans in NJ for the Devils but, I believe that putting a franchise 15 minutes from a Original 6 team, the Rangers, an hour from a team that was currently becoming a four time Stanley cup winner the Islanders, and not to far from the Flyers (I'll never have something nice to say about them ;)) was hard for a fanbase to start with. There was and is oversaturation, but I think it is starting to get better.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    The thing is I have plenty of friends that are Rangers Fans. We go at it all the time. In truth, please do not take this the wrong way, I wish the Rangers were better. Not saying the Devils are unstopable, but there was a time when the Devils Rangers series was so lopsided for the Devils that it was not fun for our fued. I like that the Rangers are better now it makes it more interesting for me when I go back home. It is also good for hockey in the NJ/NY area.

Do I believe the contract is a farse yes. I also believe there is nothing wrong with it according to the current CBA. I also wish there were more passionate fans in NJ for the Devils but, I believe that putting a franchise 15 minutes from a Original 6 team, the Rangers, an hour from a team that was currently becoming a four time Stanley cup winner the Islanders, and not to far from the Flyers (I'll never have something nice to say about them ;)) was hard for a fanbase to start with. There was and is oversaturation, but I think it is starting to get better.

i agree with all your points. most of my friends are devil fans, and i can't describe how brutal they were to me during that 24 game winless streak in the late 90's early 00's. it sucked. just sucked. both teams are on fair, level playing ground these days though, and that's good to see. you want a rivarly to be just that. what fun is it if the teams are so lopsided? i hate the isles, but would hate to see them move out of NY, because sports would be losing one of it's greatest rivarlies.

in all seriousness, brodeur is on the decline. i don't think that is much of a secret. i really believe the devils will not win another championship with him in goal. the guy is pushing 40 and still playing 70-75 games a season. that is nuts. getting hedberg was good move, maybe that reduces brodeur's work load to 50 games a season? the rangers stepped in shit with lundqvist (that NYR scout deserves scout of the century for finding him), but the rangers have a great history of burying great goalies with shitty teams.

i admire lou because he built the devils around brodeur. just wish sather (haha, yeah right) would do the same.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    rival. wrote:

There is where I do not agree, Marty did play too much but against the flyers he kept them in the game, he let in a week goal or so but the defense were not protecting his back side. There were to many back door plays that he could not get too and I think with the additions lou made the D will be a lot stronger.

i agree with all your points. most of my friends are devil fans, and i can't describe how brutal they were to me during that 24 game winless streak in the late 90's early 00's. it sucked. just sucked. both teams are on fair, level playing ground these days though, and that's good to see. you want a rivarly to be just that. what fun is it if the teams are so lopsided? i hate the isles, but would hate to see them move out of NY, because sports would be losing one of it's greatest rivarlies.

in all seriousness, brodeur is on the decline. i don't think that is much of a secret. i really believe the devils will not win another championship with him in goal. the guy is pushing 40 and still playing 70-75 games a season. that is nuts. getting hedberg was good move, maybe that reduces brodeur's work load to 50 games a season? the rangers stepped in shit with lundqvist (that NYR scout deserves scout of the century for finding him), but the rangers have a great history of burying great goalies with shitty teams.

i admire lou because he built the devils around brodeur. just wish sather (haha, yeah right) would do the same.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    and a parade/celebration that will be remembered more than the next 50 you cats win combined

Well they only had 54 years to plan it, I hope it was a good parade.

eh that's my come back. damm you dirty frank ;)

lets be honest, the rangers are crap right now and the devils will be crap soon enough when they lose Zack and Martin.

GO FLYERS GO
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    WOW watching Dirty Frank and Rival go at it reminds me of the sopranos. watch out for the tire Dirty Frank
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    in all seriousness, brodeur is on the decline.

Lowest GAA in the league last year, nuff said. Their lack of offense held them back, not Brodeur. He's not as sharp as he once was, sure, but he is still great. I can't drink as many car bombs as I once could, so what?

Also, I'm so tired of hearing that the Devils will be nothing once he retires. Anybody remember the 08-09 season when he went down? Devils were as solid as ever. Their success doesn't begin and end with Brodeur. Lou Lamoriello is the best GM in hockey if not all of sports and will always put a competitive team on the ice.

They are a class organization, deal with it. It's not their fault they don't sell out. By the way, never once did they have a cup game at home when you could buy a ticket the day of, bullshit (unless it was from a scalper online because you can not even find a scalper in the lot during final's games). Don't believe any ranger fan that wants to tell you that, it's bullshit.

What's also bullshit is the 2.5 cups statement. Was the post season shortened in '95? No, it was a regular post season needing 16 wins to win the cup. If the regular season was full length that year the Devil's would have still made it, they always do unlike the team across the pond. 16 teams make the post season in hockey, more than any other sport, it seems just about every team makes it. Well, there is one team that always finds a way out, even though "we sell out all of our games." Don't worry, the Devil's would have still made it in in '95.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    JasonE wrote:

Lowest GAA in the league last year, nuff said. Their lack of offense held them back, not Brodeur. He's not as sharp as he once was, sure, but he is still great. I can't drink as many car bombs as I once could, so what?

Also, I'm so tired of hearing that the Devils will be nothing once he retires. Anybody remember the 08-09 season when he went down? Devils were as solid as ever. Their success doesn't begin and end with Brodeur. Lou Lamoriello is the best GM in hockey if not all of sports and will always put a competitive team on the ice.

They are a class organization, deal with it. It's not their fault they don't sell out. By the way, never once did they have a cup game at home when you could buy a ticket the day of, bullshit (unless it was from a scalper online because you can not even find a scalper in the lot during final's games). Don't believe any ranger fan that wants to tell you that, it's bullshit.

What's also bullshit is the 2.5 cups statement. Was the post season shortened in '95? No, it was a regular post season needing 16 wins to win the cup. If the regular season was full length that year the Devil's would have still made it, they always do unlike the team across the pond. 16 teams make the post season in hockey, more than any other sport, it seems just about every team makes it. Well, there is one team that always finds a way out, even though "we sell out all of our games." Don't worry, the Devil's would have still made it in in '95.

call the WAAAAMBULENCE :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    JasonE wrote:

You quoted the wrong person I did not say Brodeur is in decline.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    You quoted the wrong person I did not say Brodeur is in decline.

Sorry.

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,581
    GO LEAFS GO!

hehehe :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    I just want to know who Glen Sather has incriminating photos of.

How the hell does that fool keep his job?
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

You didn't agree with him drafting Hugh Jessiman in '03 while Zach Parise, Ryan Getzlaf, and Mike Richards were still available? Hugh's the only first round player selected in '03 never to dress for an NHL game out of 30 picks! :clap::lol:

When referring to the payroll the New York Rangers had, a wise man once said, "If I had their payroll, my team would never lose." That wise man was Glen Sather. :clap::lol:

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Yeah Gomez seemed to work out so well for the Rangers :roll: . Your team decided to overpay and look what happend you got stuck with someone that did not produce. Like I said if all te trash you can talk is about attendance then whatever. There is only one team that can talk shit and that is the champions.
    They didn't get stuck with him...
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Yeah Gomez seemed to work out so well for the Rangers :roll: . Your team decided to overpay and look what happend you got stuck with someone that did not produce. Like I said if all te trash you can talk is about attendance then whatever. There is only one team that can talk shit and that is the champions.

Yeah but it set them back for quite some time.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

$7 million a year for Gomez and neither him nor Jagr could play with eachother for shit. Nice move Slats! :clap::lol:

• Options
    JasonE wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

$7 million a year for Gomez and neither him nor Jagr could play with eachother for shit. Nice move Slats! :clap::lol:
    True, but at least he can play with Gionta lol
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

I think we should ask Brian Leetch what he thinks of Glen Sather. :lol:

I know, I know, that was a low blow.

• Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

:lol: we're wondering the same thing, trust me.

two seasons ago i was face to face with him on an escalator inside the garden. i had so many thoughts and words going through my mind, i couldn't get one out. my chance to tell him off outside of the pearl jam forum escaped me. :(
  • Options
    JasonE wrote:
    I think we should ask Brian Leetch what he thinks of Glen Sather. :lol:

I know, I know, that was a low blow.

mike richter too. sather let it known he wasn't high on richter.

man, talk about trying to run the wrong guys out of town.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Personally, I think the contract is valid and if the players association launches an appeal Ilya will likely win. This may be an attempt to circumnavigate the intent of the salary cap but the NHL has to prove it, playing into his 40's is not out of the question, more and more players are doing it. Somehow I think Ilya will be a devil next year. To me if the NHL teams want to risk signing a guy for 10-12 or 17 years then they are crazy anyways, typically hockey players start to decline in the mid 30's due to the physical nature of the game. So teams like Chicago, Detroit and New Jersey could be stuck with players that are past their prime.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    rival. wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

:lol: we're wondering the same thing, trust me.

two seasons ago i was face to face with him on an escalator inside the garden. i had so many thoughts and words going through my mind, i couldn't get one out. my chance to tell him off outside of the pearl jam forum escaped me. :(
    I ran into milbury at the coliseum back in 02 or 03. I wanted to say so many bad things like why did you draft a goalie you dumbass and all . I just shook his hands and said hey mike keep up the good work cause his daughter was with him. If he didn't have his daughter with him I woulda gotten in his face and went off at him. It pisses me off we coulda had kovy or gaborik and instead we wound up with dippy.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    JasonE wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

I approve this post.

Fuck the Rangers.

Ok now as the Kovy turns. . .

I still say we should sign him for less. That's just me. If the NHLPA finds nothing wrong with this then all the better

I don't think Kovy is the solution to our problems but it's a step in the right direction. The Devils have good to great players it's just getting them to mold is the problem. If Kovy brings his A game and it rubs off on others then it'll be worthwhile. if, by signing kovy, we can retain key players in the off season of next year. . even better.
  • Options
    where is this at?

thought they only had 48 hours since monday to make some decisions?
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    where is this at?

thought they only had 48 hours since monday to make some decisions?
    Appealed by the NHLPA, I think they only had a week to do the appeal then after that they had all kinds of time (?).
    Owners expect a quick resolution and they're probably right.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Today is the day :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539

so back to square one

heard that the NHL has the right to punish NJ via cap hit, draft pics or money, but it's doubltful they will
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    smarchee wrote:

so back to square one

heard that the NHL has the right to punish NJ via cap hit, draft pics or money, but it's doubltful they will
    Oh that would be so nice. Anything to set the Devils back a bit is awesome.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    Ilya Kovalchuk is a free agent!!!!!!!!

hopefully, as he stated he wants to be a devil, he'll return as a Devil. If he does then that'll be good for us only if, we can make a good bid for Parise to return next year.