Options

ILYA KOVALCHUCK STILL A DEVIL!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    the good - the devils got screwed.

the bad - the NHL has probably lost one of it superstars to the KHL.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I think the Devils won't sign him now... and as someone who is entering their first season ticket year... none too pleased.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I think the Devils won't sign him now... and as someone who is entering their first season ticket year... none too pleased.

tell them you want a refund..or be like me and go to the games just to see friends and girls
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

tell them you want a refund..or be like me and go to the games just to see friends and girls
    Going to give them a shot... If they don't get him, I want to see if they go after Kaberle
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    the rangers will sign him and he will score 45. you heard it here! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

:lol:
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    rival. wrote:

too bad our cap cant fit his demands
    plus he's been accused of bad karma in the lockerroom .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Good riddance.

Now they're investigating Luongo, Savard, Pronger and someone else's.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Good riddance.

As they shoud...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Good riddance.

hossa...but how can they null a contract that has started already

and at least with hossa he is getting like 21/2 -3 mil in the last years...not $ 400,000 :lol:
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Rygar wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Good riddance.

and at least with hossa he is getting like 21/2 -3 mil in the last years...not $ 400,000 :lol:
    No idea. I don't know if they'd have to come up with some sort of penalty for the year(s) already gone per contract or what.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Good riddance.

No idea. I don't know if they'd have to come up with some sort of penalty for the year(s) already gone per contract or what.

leave it to the jersey a- holes to fuck up the whole league :mrgreen:
  • Options
    The OP might want to change the thread title...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    It's all fun and games until someone adds 5 years at the league minimum to the end of a $100 million contract.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Rygar wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Good riddance.

The Redwings have Zetterberg and Franzen in long 10+ year cap friendly deals but I think they should be OK since they will be around 40 when the deals expire (not an unheard of age in that franchise).
  • Options
    At least the saga is over now.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    The OP might want to change the thread title...

Still a Devil.

Now. . . the question that needs to be answered next year: can we retain Parise.

Question now is: Who's leaving with the Devils being roughly 3 million over the cap
  • Options
    johnny mac to get fired after the west coast trip. you heard it here.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

At some point, they gotta do something and it's not like they can go back to July 1st and replay the whole free agent signing period over again.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

At some point, they gotta do something and it's not like they can go back to July 1st and replay the whole free agent signing period over again.

i can't stand the devils, but i do like maclean. for his sake, if he were to get canned this early in the season, there should be no love loss amongst the fans that have supported him for so long. so dangerous for a player to become a coach / front office personal for the team he played practically his entire career with. one minute you are worshipped, the next minute you are hated.

bizarre and uncharacteristic year for the devils. interesting to see how this one will turn out.

anyone know what brodeur's current contract situation is?
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    rival. wrote:

i can't stand the devils, but i do like maclean. for his sake, if he were to get canned this early in the season, there should be no love loss amongst the fans that have supported him for so long. so dangerous for a player to become a coach / front office personal for the team he played practically his entire career with. one minute you are worshipped, the next minute you are hated.

bizarre and uncharacteristic year for the devils. interesting to see how this one will turn out.

anyone know what brodeur's current contract situation is?

One more year (at $5.2 mil) after this season...

Their defensemen aren't all that great as it is, and they've had some injuries there so that doesn't help... combine that with Brodeur (and Hedberg) not playing well, and it's been a disaster.

As a Pens fan, I remember MacLean for years as a Penguin killer, but I have nothing but respect for him... he might end up being a good coach, and he was handed some issues, but that team looks like a mess from the outside.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539

Kovalchuk is going to bring that franchise down and I wouldn't be surprised if they become uncompetitive for many years while he's there with that contact
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    hehehehehehehehe
  • Options
    apparently the NJ Devils are having issues with the city of Newark about the arena with JVB..I also know the Ilya deal was all Vanderbeek, and apparently he was plugging Ilya in hope Prokorov would buy the Devils. This was so not a Lou move, If Im Lou I trade Ilya to NYR for Drury, Rosival, and a 1st rounder..Drury comes off the books this year, Rosi next year and than you are Kovi free. Quote from an ex-devil player to 4 of us in a NJD suite after a game..."get a good look @ Zac, because there is no way he will be back, Lou cannot sign him"...and I think Lou knew that. I still never count them out though
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    how's this signing working out for you?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,581
    He scored a nice goal the other night................................oh yeah wrong net :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    He scored a nice goal the other night................................oh yeah wrong net :lol:
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Looks like this is the only NJ Devil Thread :lol: :fp:

So anyway... Game 3 at the Rock... I am sure there will be more Flyers than Devils fans there...

However my seats were sold at a face instead of profit to give to Devil fan... I am an idiot :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif