Options

ILYA KOVALCHUCK STILL A DEVIL!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    rival. wrote:
    brother123 wrote:
    i hope zach doesn't leave us next year. He's an awesome play and I agree. While Kovy is great he's no Parise

gained TONS of respect for zach during the olympics. he truly is a talented player. i just have to hate him as a ranger fan. but i am OK with cheering for him once every 4 years for team USA.

as a rangers fan, it seems you have to cheer for everone who doesn't have talent. ;)
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    fife wrote:
    as a rangers fan, it seems you have to cheer for everone who doesn't have talent. ;)

yeah, that pretty much sums up ranger fans alright. humor keeps the heart going. i thank the rangers for keeping my heart pumping.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    fife wrote:

yeah, that pretty much sums up ranger fans alright. humor keeps the heart going. i thank the rangers for keeping my heart pumping.

don't worry it could be worse. you could be a flames fan. :D
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    rival. wrote:
    fact still remains, the devils will not win another big game with brodeur in net. dude is wayyyyyy past his prime.

Didn't he have the lowest GAA in the league last year? The Devil's offense (or lack there of) kept them from advancing last season, not Brodeur in net.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    $100 million for a Russian?
    :lol::lol::lol:
    I dont care how long the term is, $100 mil is a bad deal.

(Parise to the Oil next year? I like the sounds of that ...... he might even be willing to come here now!)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    17 years? why not make it 50 years.

stupid. stupid stupid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    don't like this guy

don't like the Devils

both will increase with this signing

hope it doesnt work out
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    smarchee wrote:
    don't like this guy

don't like the Devils

hope it doesnt work out

pretty much sums it up :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,581
    17yr deal that can reach up to 150million?????? That might be the dumbiest contract ever.

You got it. I think he is great pure goal scorer. But I would never had signed him for that kind of cash, I think he is selfish, plays when he wants to play, & is a big baby. I'm going to say he has a brutal year, signs the big deal and then he will disappear...You heard it hear first.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    A lot of jealous Ranger fans on here who would have been jumping for joy had they signed him. Try making the post season in a sport where 16 teams get in.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Options
    JasonE wrote:
    A lot of jealous Ranger fans on here who would have been jumping for joy had they signed him. Try making the post season in a sport where 16 teams get in.

ohhhh, snap! ;)

do devil fans really think they have earned the right to talk shit? the playoff argument from devils fans is pretty stale considering you guys can't seem to make it past the first 5 or 6 games of the first round.

edit:

let me guess your response is "at least we get there man!"

yahoo! 100 point season and first round exit in the playoffs. realllll successful season you got on your hands there.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    rival. wrote:
    JasonE wrote:

ohhhh, snap! ;)

do devil fans really think they have earned the right to talk shit? the playoff argument from devils fans is pretty stale considering you guys can't seem to make it past the first 5 or 6 games of the first round.

edit:

let me guess your response is "at least we get there man!"

yahoo! 100 point season and first round exit in the playoffs. realllll successful season you got on your hands there.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

i'll trade the devil's 2.5 cups for that one. who has a celebration parade in a parking lot?
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

i'll trade the devil's 2.5 cups for that one. who has a celebration parade in a parking lot?
    Yeah I wish there was a good comeback for the parking lot, but alas :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

lol. im originally from bergen county... thankfully my family was already ranger fans and raised me in a blueshirt. but yeah... NJ doesn't have many options for a parade. can't exactly go for a drive on the parkway or turnpike. they still should have done something in liberty state park or something, i dunno. anything but the meadowlands parking lot.
  • Options
    brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    smarchee wrote:
    don't like this guy

don't like the Devils

hope it doesnt work out

So why, tell me, post in a thread about the Devils and Ilya??
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

my comeback would have been that it is easy to plan a large parade when you have what 80 year to plan it. :lol:
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    my comeback would have been that it is easy to plan a large parade when you have what 80 year to plan it. :lol:

hey! don't give the devil fans any ideas!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    fife wrote:

don't worry none of us will still be alive when the rangers or the Devils win another cup.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    :twisted:
    Well I grew up a Ranger fan... now live in Bergen County and my kids became sick Devil fans since I got tix easily... now have to live with all things Zach and Martin :roll: :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    Well I grew up a Ranger fan... now live in Bergen County and my kids became sick Devil fans since I got tix easily... now have to live with all things Zach and Martin :roll: :lol:

don't worry, Zack won't be there for that much longer.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    fife wrote:

don't worry, Zack won't be there for that much longer.
    I don't know about that... The length of the contract brings the average down enough that I think Lou can pull it off... Of course they will have no centers, but that's another issue...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    I am happy that we got him, but I hate the 17 year idea.

Too much time for injury, and he isnt gonna be motivated to perform if he knows he is getting 6 mill a year no matter how good/bad he does.

I have been a Devil fan since i was a kid, and i still am... but i dont agree with the 17 year part...

Still going to go to 5+ games though cause i want to see him :mrgreen:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    fife wrote:

don't worry none of us will still be alive when the rangers or the Devils win another cup.

yea cause the flyers have won alot recently :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    yea cause the flyers have won alot recently :roll:
    Kate Smith, RIP... well rot in hell more like it...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    don't worry, Zack won't be there for that much longer.[/quote]
    I don't know about that... The length of the contract brings the average down enough that I think Lou can pull it off... Of course they will have no centers, but that's another issue...[/quote]

I actually think that the devils are going to be going through alot of changes in the next couple of year. The Devils are going to need a goalie in a couple of years, they are going to need some dman and also as you said some centers. Zack i don't think is going to want to be around a team that is going to be rebuilding from scratch soon. thats why i see him going to a up and coming team like the oIlers.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Still trying to figure this one out...so he turned down a 12 yr $101 million dollar deal with Atlanta to accept a 17 yr $102 million dollar deal with NJ? Now I may not know anything about math (I do..a lot) so he accepted MORE yrs (5) for an extra $1 million? Wow..I'd fire his agent this moment..stupid deal
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    [hey! don't give the devil fans any ideas![/quote]

don't worry none of us will still be alive when the rangers or the Devils win another cup.[/quote]

yea cause the flyers have won alot recently :roll:[/quote]

neily babe where did this come from?
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    Still trying to figure this one out...so he turned down a 12 yr $101 million dollar deal with Atlanta to accept a 17 yr $102 million dollar deal with NJ? Now I may not know anything about math (I do..a lot) so he accepted MORE yrs (5) for an extra $1 million? Wow..I'd fire his agent this moment..stupid deal

i would choose NJ over Atlanta any day of the week.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    [hey! don't give the devil fans any ideas!

don't worry none of us will still be alive when the rangers or the Devils win another cup.[/quote]

yea cause the flyers have won alot recently :roll:[/quote]

neily babe where did this come from?[/quote]

im sorry i thought you were a flyers fan ...but after reading the whole thread the only thing i know isthat u live in toronto and hate the leafs and pens :mrgreen: