Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,065
    Another Liv event with hardly anyone there. Empty courses are lame. The quality of golf is high but obviously not supported world wide 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    edited March 8
    Another Liv event with hardly anyone there. Empty courses are lame. The quality of golf is high but obviously not supported world wide 
    At least they're playing club music though. Who doesn't wanna hear OONCE OOONCE OOONCE when teeing off?

They're also playing a 6700 yard course lol

Garbage
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    edited March 8
    We get an hour more of daylight folks.  Let's turn that afternoon 9 into 18.  

Joined a club a month ago and have never played the back 9 yet.  It is a hilly course, and the combination of daylight, hunger, and tiredness (like to walk for exercise) keeps me from making the turn.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684

Joined a club a month ago and have never played the back 9 yet.  It is a hilly course, and the combination of daylight, hunger, and tiredness (like to walk for exercise) keeps me from making the turn.  
    An electric push cart will change your life.  U walk every round I play.  Great exercise and about 20% less effort than a push cart. 
  • Options
    edited March 8
    mrussel1 said:

An electric push cart will change your life.  U walk every round I play.  Great exercise and about 20% less effort than a push cart. 
    I should get one.  I have a push cart, but I started to carry more.  Doesn’t help I have put on about 20lbs the last 2 years.  Working to get that off now for the summer .  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I should get one.  I have a push cart, but I started to carry more.  Doesn’t help I have put on about 20lbs the last 2 years.  Working to get that off now for the summer .  
    If you do, message me.  Between me and the guys I play with, we have gone through all the major brands.  I carried for a bit but that was hard on my knee as I play with a torn ACL.  Plus the summer with a bag on the shoulder sucks.  Motorized is like having a caddy.  Love it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

If you do, message me.  Between me and the guys I play with, we have gone through all the major brands.  I carried for a bit but that was hard on my knee as I play with a torn ACL.  Plus the summer with a bag on the shoulder sucks.  Motorized is like having a caddy.  Love it. 
    Thanks, will reach out for sure if I decide to pull the trigger.  Walked 18 this weekend (it was a soggy mess which made it even more tiring).  I'll get my legs under me but would be good to get the motorized cart. 

• Options
    Full Swing SEason 2 thoughts thus far.

1) Skipped Tom Kim episode.  Had no interest, but if it was good let me know.
    2) Tough to feel bad for any of these people when they are interviewed in their oceanside homes.  I'm not interior designer or anything, but they look so bland inside.  
    3)  Keegan had to feel silly getting his hopes up after watching this and seeing that Zach was sharing lodging on tour with Justin, Jordan and Ricky.   What a boys club.  Loved Luke Donald's comment that Zach didn't go with the statistical picks (i.e., didn't pick the players playing the best at the time).   
    4) While not a big deal as just golf, I don't see how Zach could be impartial being buddy buddy with some of the other players like that.  
  • Options
    Scottie makes golf look really easy.  What an final round on a difficult course.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Scottie makes golf look really easy.  What an final round on a difficult course.

Switching to the mallet putter sure paid off.  Any time he putts that good he's going to win.  It's scary how good he strikes the ball.
  • Options

Switching to the mallet putter sure paid off.  Any time he putts that good he's going to win.  It's scary how good he strikes the ball.
    What's really scary is all of the different shot shapes he can hit.  I mean I have 11 shot shapes too, but they are random.  He goes up there and hits a high cut into a right pin from 180 yards with an 8.  That's stupid.  If I try that shit, I totally double cross and snap a hook.  

I played yesterday here in VA.  Coming off 3 inches of rain including 1.5" the night before, coupled with 35 mpg gusts and my course is pretty open.  It was absolutely brutal golf.  Had to keep the ball low and super easy to wet chunk any short irons.  Came away with an 82 which I consider a victory.  

Got measured and ordered a Ping driver that should be in soon.  Did a total club fitting for $100 at club champion which is a deal.  I'm excited to throw away this fucking Stealth.  That was the worst driver TM made in a decade+.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

What's really scary is all of the different shot shapes he can hit.  I mean I have 11 shot shapes too, but they are random.  He goes up there and hits a high cut into a right pin from 180 yards with an 8.  That's stupid.  If I try that shit, I totally double cross and snap a hook.  

I played yesterday here in VA.  Coming off 3 inches of rain including 1.5" the night before, coupled with 35 mpg gusts and my course is pretty open.  It was absolutely brutal golf.  Had to keep the ball low and super easy to wet chunk any short irons.  Came away with an 82 which I consider a victory.  

Got measured and ordered a Ping driver that should be in soon.  Did a total club fitting for $100 at club champion which is a deal.  I'm excited to throw away this fucking Stealth.  That was the worst driver TM made in a decade+.  
    Nice!  I love the Stealth myself.  Have been absolutely crushing that thing lately....well at least indoors in my simulator league.  I do have a Ping G425 hybrid that I really like.  Have been tempted to check out a Ping driver.  Love the sound those things make when you hit one in the sweet spot.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Nice!  I love the Stealth myself.  Have been absolutely crushing that thing lately....well at least indoors in my simulator league.  I do have a Ping G425 hybrid that I really like.  Have been tempted to check out a Ping driver.  Love the sound those things make when you hit one in the sweet spot.
    I also love the way the Ping sounds.  Great feedback.  

Do you have the Stealth or the 2?  I have the original and I just can't stand it.  I lost yardage compared to my old SLDR that I had for several years.  I also passed 50 yo in that time, so that doesn't help.  But some people love teh Stealth and some people hate it.  I'm in the latter  Just never felt great to me.  I've tried all sorts of shafts and different setups and now I'm just ready to move on.  
  • Options
    Scottie being able to put again is scary. Tiger-esque yesterday. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Do you have the Stealth or the 2?  I have the original and I just can't stand it.  I lost yardage compared to my old SLDR that I had for several years.  I also passed 50 yo in that time, so that doesn't help.  But some people love teh Stealth and some people hate it.  I'm in the latter  Just never felt great to me.  I've tried all sorts of shafts and different setups and now I'm just ready to move on.  
    I have the original Stealth.  It does seem that people either love it or absolutely hate it.  Have heard about the carbonwood insert cracking on those on a lot of people.  Thankfully haven't had that issue.  Which Ping driver did you end up going with?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I have the original Stealth.  It does seem that people either love it or absolutely hate it.  Have heard about the carbonwood insert cracking on those on a lot of people.  Thankfully haven't had that issue.  Which Ping driver did you end up going with?
    Funny you bring up the crack.  I have a little lateral chip on the bottom-most groove.  Not sure that it affects the play, but it certainly kills any re-sale I might want.  

I went with the G430 MAX.  I didn't really want the LS, as I wanted a bit more forgiveness, but not to the point of the SFT.  I actually hit this and the TM Q pretty closely in the fitting, but I bitched so much about the Stealth for the past year that if I showed up with my group with the new TM, I'd never hear the end of it.  Plus I wanted to change brands, get a different feel.  
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    golf drama. too bad they didn’t just throw down on each other.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Speith was a bitch in that situation with Rory 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Harmans waggling is giving me a migraine. What the fuck is going through his head
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    Tough way to lose for Clark.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    It was.  But boy Xander had it.  Have to make that putt on 17.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    It was.  But boy Xander had it.  Have to make that putt on 17.
    It is crazy how Xander and Cantlay haven't won a major by now.  They'd be Top 10 all time to never win a major, and are best buds.
  • Options
    Scheffler is incredible.  And this was him playing hurt for 3 rounds.  Insane.
  • Options
    Scheffler is incredible.  And this was him playing hurt for 3 rounds.  Insane.
    He played so smart yesterday.  It was really impressive.  He was never in danger and played the long game.  Waited for his competitors to feel the pressure and make mistakes, which they did. 
  • Options
    Just fantastic golf all around this weekend. That was a lot of fun to watch. 

Scheffler continues his Tiger esque run. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    Yesterday was the most golf I've watched so far this year and it felt like a really big deal.  A lot of fun and Scheffler is incredible.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,751
    edited March 18
    Talk about easy money. They had Scottie at +175 when he was leading Xander by a stroke around hole 10 or so. lol, who wouldn't bet that? Xander is a total loser, like Cantley. I was worried about Clark and Harman though. Tough luck for Clark on that last putt. Good luck for me though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I got him at +260 when he was two strokes back....just missed it at +300 or so right before that too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,751
    edited March 18
    I got him at +260 when he was two strokes back....just missed it at +300 or so right before that too
    Nice. He's always a good bet when he's contending....especially when he's making putts. Moments after I bet on him, he missed a pretty easy birdie putt on a par 3. I was like "Oh here we go." But he held on.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Nice. He's always a good bet when he's contending....especially when he's making putts. Moments after I bet on him, he missed a pretty easy birdie putt on a par 3. I was like "Oh here we go." But he held on.
    I didn't think he could continue to hit the ball so straight when he was hurt. For all of Sat and the first 9 Sunday he looked defensive out there.  I thought Harman could get it done.  He was locked in.