Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Spieth with a 9 on 15.  Yikes.  Feels like he need to make a big change...caddie or coach or something.  He's irrelevant most weeks on tour.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I'd be all in on a dogfight between the top 3 on the leaderboard this weekend
  • Options
    Tiger playing 23 holes today and making the cut is pretty pretty wild
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    I woke up this morning with the urge to travel and play some golf this weekend.  Called up Bandon Dunes and booked a flight to Eugene tonight.     Five rounds.  Can't wait.  
  • Options
    This is my favorite sporting event in the world and it’s not close.

JT is dead

Jordan is dead

Rory is dead

DJ is buried under the jail

Rahm talking about them calling play?! LIV made him soft?!?

Tiger will never cease to amaze.

As a NLU stan, pulling hard for Homa. Would be cool with Scottie. 

• Options
    I woke up this morning with the urge to travel and play some golf this weekend.  Called up Bandon Dunes and booked a flight to Eugene tonight.     Five rounds.  Can't wait.  
    Bastard!
  • Options
    This is my favorite sporting event in the world and it’s not close.

JT is dead

Jordan is dead

Rory is dead

DJ is buried under the jail

Rahm talking about them calling play?! LIV made him soft?!?

Tiger will never cease to amaze.

JT and Jordan just need to go away.  They just got beat by Olazabal and Tiger who can barely walk.

Homa would be great but it's hard to see anyone taking down Scottie.  His 72 yesterday was his highest score of the season....LOL.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    Dechambeau cannot win this thing god damn it...
    your boy is like jesus with his cross.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

what’s a “NLU stan”? :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    that was unreal. that’s why we like sports. bryson is probably a better dude than tiger.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I always held out hope, but Tiger ain’t winning anything again.   Cant string together four rounds anymore.  Still, he made the cut which is freakin amazing.  Damn car accident.  He would have won more majors.
  • Options
    Scheffler is inevitable.  Everyone starts falling apart on the back 9 and he just keeps on going.  Incredible.
  • Options
    Scheffler is inevitable.  Everyone starts falling apart on the back 9 and he just keeps on going.  Incredible.
    It’s just so solid. He’s on another level.   Best players since tiger are brooks and Scheffler?
  • Options
    Scheffler is verne’s last shot 
  • Options
    It’s just so solid. He’s on another level.   Best players since tiger are brooks and Scheffler?
    Say Scheffler and Rory.   Brooks has one more major than Rory, but past that his resume is weak.  
  • Options
    81 on Bandon Dunes this morning.  Nothing worse than bogey. Probably my best round ever.  Finished with four bogeys in a row though.  
  • Options
    “My victory was secure on the cross”…on that note, I’m out. Super duper weirdo 
  • Options
    Ha.  Yeah, I would hope God is not out there pulling for Masters titles, but he must be assuming that God is using him to be an example to others. 

But as far sports role models go, I think he is near the top of the list if you value character/family.      

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    81 on Bandon Dunes this morning.  Nothing worse than bogey. Probably my best round ever.  Finished with four bogeys in a row though.  
    I would fall apart the last 4 holes whenever I was approaching my best... Every single time... all in my head.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited April 15
    God clearly said "Suck It" to Colin Morikowa for sure. 

I like Scottie regardless though. Went huge on him when he was +125 while there was a three way tie at -6.

Great Masters!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Tiger playing 23 holes today and making the cut is pretty pretty wild
    Wonder if he gave any advice to the LIV guys on playing a full 72...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I always held out hope, but Tiger ain’t winning anything again.   Cant string together four rounds anymore.  Still, he made the cut which is freakin amazing.  Damn car accident.  He would have won more majors.
    the divorce was the downfall.  I think he won only 1 major after that? so 2009 on he won the masters in 19. not a sniff since.

His injury then divorce.

• Options
    I was rooting for Mirikowa and Dechambeau.  Collin had a shot but he said he got "greedy',...
  • Options
    Yeah that was a bit much.  He does seem like a genuinely good dude but the whole country club kid/bible beater combo is rough.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    God clearly said "Suck It" to Colin Morikowa for sure. 

I like Scottie regardless though. Went huge on him when he was +125 while there was a three way tie at -6.

Great Masters!
    Yeah I ended up hedging when he was +140 near the end of round 3, and with a round 4 parlay of him, Morikawa, Homa, and Bryson finishing in the top-10, I was able to win some money. He's almost a sure thing when in contention in round 4 of a big tournament. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited April 15
    I would fall apart the last 4 holes whenever I was approaching my best... Every single time... all in my head.
    It has to be considered choking, but on those last four holes I had some really great shots.  Just couldn't get up and down.  I was almost relieved when I bogeyed 17  so that I wasn't on 79 watch anymore.  I was consistent on both 9's though which I was happy about.

I had a front nine 54 on Pacific Dunes and 41 on the back.  I got one par on Sheep Ranch on the back nine on my way to an 87. I'm all over the place this trip.  

We were first off the tee at 7am.  Wrapped in 3 hrs, 45 minutes which was ahead of the 4 hour pace they set for us.  I love being first off the tee and walking.   Off on adventure and nobody in front of you to slow it down.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    edited April 15
    Yeah, agreed he seems like a good dude and obviously the best golfer on the planet. The super weird bible thumping just creeps me out.

Edit: On the other side, this is about as great of a quote as you could ever ask for.

“You know, my dad — the way I was raised — my dad stayed home with us,” Scottie Scheffler said. “My mom worked. And my dad never really looked at me as a golfer. He never pushed me to become a good golfer. That was never what he wanted for me. My parents pushed more education and being kind to people. So I think playing junior golf, I think sometimes you see a lot of parents who really want their kid to become really, really good at something, and they think that's what's going to bring them joy. But becoming a really good golfer may bring you a little bit of momentary joy, but it doesn't sustain it for very long. Winning a tournament makes me happy for about five minutes, and then you go do a bunch of other things that are a little bit more difficult than winning the tournament.”
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    It has to be considered choking, but on those last four holes I had some really great shots.  Just couldn't get up and down.  I was almost relieved when I bogeyed 17  so that I wasn't on 79 watch anymore.  I was consistent on both 9's though which I was happy about.

I had a front nine 54 on Pacific Dunes and 41 on the back.  I got one par on Sheep Ranch on the back nine on my way to an 87. I'm all over the place this trip.  

We were first off the tee at 7am.  Wrapped in 3 hrs, 45 minutes which was ahead of the 4 hour pace they set for us.  I love being first off the tee and walking.   Off on adventure and nobody in front of you to slow it down.
    This is awesome stuff. Very jealous. Gotta get out there.
  • Options
    Not saying it will be the same, but rory, speith, koepka, etc. were all supposed to dominate for years, too…

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Not saying it will be the same, but rory, speith, koepka, etc. were all supposed to dominate for years, too…
    Scheffler feels different.  Similar to Koepka, but Scottie actually shows up for other events.  And he has already sustained a higher level of play for much longer than them. Time will tell.