Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    Over 2000 strokes
    Did he get one? I watched that for about ten minutes. It's gotta feel like some kind of torture after a while...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh wow...he's still going. hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    Still going...20+ hours. I've had it on in the background most of the day when I wasn't on calls.

Big Cat was just talking about what would be the funniest amount of time this takes and it was either Friday afternoon or a year from now
  • Options
    Still going...20+ hours. I've had it on in the background most of the day when I wasn't on calls.

Big Cat was just talking about what would be the funniest amount of time this takes and it was either Friday afternoon or a year from now
    Haha

Yeah, I was never a Barstool guy but discovered these golf guys they have over the last year or so. Their youtube channel is pretty entertaining. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Haha

Yeah, I was never a Barstool guy but discovered these golf guys they have over the last year or so. Their youtube channel is pretty entertaining. 
    I really don’t like the rappaport dude, but the others are okay. So much golf social media content these days 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552

Haha

I really don’t like the rappaport dude, but the others are okay. So much golf social media content these days 
    Can’t listen to Barstool.  Too many product placements and non-golf tangents.  Just not what I am looking for.  Lots of good stuff out there though.
  • Options
    A full 24 hours, almost 3k shots. He’s now about to sleep in the simulator. Amazing stuff really
  • Options
    They streamed him sleeping and he's slowing getting up. Truly amazing content.  Borderline the Truman Show
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    I can't believe he's still going.  That dude is crazy....he's not stopping until he gets one.  The most entertaining golf stuff Barstool puts out has nothing to do with the Foreplay guys..those guys are awful.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,522
    Hopefully he doesn't end up hurting himself. That is a lot of swings.
  • Options
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • Options
    edited January 4
    He did it!  Over 2,600 swings....crazy!

• Options
    That was incredible content...how mad are Riggs and them?
  • Options
    Unbelievable. 

I tuned in before falling asleep last night and he was yelling how he hates his life and that he should never have left his union job as a pipefitter or something to have to deal with trolls on twitter all the time. Dude was losing it. lol 

Glad he finally got it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Unbelievable. 

I tuned in before falling asleep last night and he was yelling how he hates his life and that he should never have left his union job as a pipefitter or something to have to deal with trolls on twitter all the time. Dude was losing it. lol 

Glad he finally got it!
    HAHA. I saw that too, an incredible meltdown.

Such great content and goes right into Kapalua tonight!
  • Options
    Unbelievable. 

Glad he finally got it!

I am so fucking happy Hawaii is here...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Unbelievable. 

Glad he finally got it!

Same...not to be too dramatic, but might be my favorite non-major tournament. Given there hasn't been any golf, the scenery, the time difference/primetime and typically a good field, it's the best.  A great thing to look forward to right away in the new year
  • Options
    Unbelievable. 

Glad he finally got it!

Same...not to be too dramatic, but might be my favorite non-major tournament. Given there hasn't been any golf, the scenery, the time difference/primetime and typically a good field, it's the best.  A great thing to look forward to right away in the new year
    Clifford, you have inspired me. Might have to have a pint of Alien Church tonight to celebrate. 

God Speed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 5
    Unbelievable. 

Glad he finally got it!

Clifford, you have inspired me. Might have to have a pint of Alien Church tonight to celebrate. 

God Speed. 
    I’ve been thinking about it all evening trying to have some self control and wait till tomorrow. Between this and the sixers, chances are I don’t hold firm 

wait dammit…sixers are tomorrow 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Reed has to pay lawyers fees for the people he sued. What a dumbass 
  • Options
    Report: Head of LIV Golf accused of campaign involving 'wrongful kidnapping and detention' | Golf News and Tour Information | GolfDigest.com

All the money in the world won't change who your boss is and where the money comes from.  There is comfort I guess in that plenty of companies and governments (USA) take the money too.  "Wrongful kidnapping and detention" is probably their version of being nice.
  • Options
    Trying to be a mediocre parent while watching the golf on one screen to see if this Am can pull it off and football on another.

This is pretty cool though. 
  • Options
    Kid is unreal 
  • Options
    lol he’s gonna win
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    Cool story.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    That was pretty cool.  I thought he was done for sure after that shank and double bogey.  I wonder if he's going to just turn pro at this point.  Pretty sure he'll have all the same exemptions with this win that he had from winning the US Am.  
  • Options
    Fuzzy NIck Dunlap
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Planning a trip for September to play out at PGA West.  Those last three holes are fun on the stadium course.  18 really does seem similar to 18 at Sawgrass.  Both times I bailed out to the right and then have a longer nerve wracking shot to the green with left being dead.  

Sawgrass rates are out of control.   Ridiculous.
  • Options
    That was pretty cool.  I thought he was done for sure after that shank and double bogey.  I wonder if he's going to just turn pro at this point.  Pretty sure he'll have all the same exemptions with this win that he had from winning the US Am.  
    I think the only exemption he loses is the open championship.

Apparently he was already in Torrey as a sponsors exemption, so not urgent to make a decision but am sure it would be nice to be able to keep the money. 

Assume he bails on school. I would 
  • Options
    I think the only exemption he loses is the open championship.

Apparently he was already in Torrey as a sponsors exemption, so not urgent to make a decision but am sure it would be nice to be able to keep the money. 

Assume he bails on school. I would 
    Yeah I'd prob bolt too.  But he's probably already doing well with NIL money so maybe he'll just play out his college season and then turn pro this summer.  Either way, he's in a great spot.