Options

The Golf Thread

1420421422423424426»

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,305
    Wobbie said:
    Scheffler is inevitable.  Everyone starts falling apart on the back 9 and he just keeps on going.  Incredible.
    Not saying it will be the same, but rory, speith, koepka, etc. were all supposed to dominate for years, too…
    Scheffler feels different.  Similar to Koepka, but Scottie actually shows up for other events.  And he has already sustained a higher level of play for much longer than them. Time will tell.
    I wonder if he will ever change his backfoot slide thing as he gets older...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    Wobbie said:
    Scheffler is inevitable.  Everyone starts falling apart on the back 9 and he just keeps on going.  Incredible.
    Not saying it will be the same, but rory, speith, koepka, etc. were all supposed to dominate for years, too…
    Scheffler feels different.  Similar to Koepka, but Scottie actually shows up for other events.  And he has already sustained a higher level of play for much longer than them. Time will tell.
    It will.

Another factor could be his new (has it happened?) fatherhood.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Wobbie said:
    I wonder if he will ever change his backfoot slide thing as he gets older...

He'll have to at some point. Age won't let him swing like that.
    That's when he won't win anymore.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,946

Wife and I at Augusta last week. They wouldn't let me make a tee time unfortunately. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Scottie is just going to keep winning huh?  
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Nelly Korda.  5 in a row.  Impressive.

Rahm, Rory, others were dominant only in stretches.  Scottie has the best run post Tiger.    Majors matter but I don’t value them as highly so Koepka isn’t as dominant to me. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

Rahm, Rory, others were dominant only in stretches.  Scottie has the best run post Tiger.    Majors matter but I don’t value them as highly so Koepka isn’t as dominant to me. 
    The Korda stuff is impressive. I’m taking my daughter to the Lancaster CC for the women’s open the Thursday after Memorial Day. Should be awesome. Really looking forward to it. 

I think there’s something to majors, but I hear you. I think the data/stats say Brooks isn’t close to that tier.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491

The Korda stuff is impressive. I’m taking my daughter to the Lancaster CC for the women’s open the Thursday after Memorial Day. Should be awesome. Really looking forward to it. 

wiki just told me Nelly’s sister has 6 LPGA wins and her dad won the 1998 tennis Australian Open.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16