Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    I actually have stockpiled balls haha .well known in these parts for collecting balls. I have 100s. And give them to my friends. I golf on a budget 
     A real tight one
     I have clubs from 12 years ago .
    I don't understand why amateur golf needs any messing with. What would help more is speed of play . Not distance at amateur level.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Yeah, like Rory and Tiger said, the greedy pros and manufacturers want to keep it the same for marketing purposes.  Really dumb and most amateurs are not using a golf club even remotely close to the pros.    Amateurs are using game improvement clubs. 

I would keep using the golf balls until you run out.  Unless you need to maintain a handicap or something.  

• Options
    Yeah I'm sure most will just carry on if not playing comps
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    I care why should I have to buy new balls so a pro doesn't bully a course.
    I'm not driving a ball 300 yards in England in December . Or in July for that matter. It's the clubs that need changing.

That's my thought.  They're changing this for everyone so the top .0001% of golfers stop overpowering courses.  Is me occasionally ripping a drive 290 at my local muni and still ending up with a bogey ruining the sport of golf?!?!?  The whole thing seems a bit short-sighted.
  • Options
    That's my view too.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited December 2023
    I don’t disagree.  But they announced bifurcation a few months back and apparently a lot of people bitched about it so they changed their mind.  

This is a big nothing burger though as I think it will take about five rounds to get used to new distances.  Although I will be pissed when I don’t clear the hazard by a couple yards.  Ha.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    Yep it's bullshit. The bifurcation route is what they should've done. Same thing in baseball with aluminum vs wooden bats. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wait...so now in addition to rolling back the ball for everyone, they might do something with drivers as well? What the hell is this? How is making the game more difficult for average amateurs supposed to help grow the game? A clear argument can be made that the advancements in ball and club technology that's made things easier for us has helped the sport's popularity over the last decade or so. Now they want to undo that? I don't get this at all. At least we have a few years. 

They should curtail this stuff for the pros, not everyone else. This is ridiculous. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wait...so now in addition to rolling back the ball for everyone, they might do something with drivers as well? What the hell is this? How is making the game more difficult for average amateurs supposed to help grow the game? A clear argument can be made that the advancements in ball and club technology that's made things easier for us has helped the sport's popularity over the last decade or so. Now they want to undo that? I don't get this at all. At least we have a few years. 

They should curtail this stuff for the pros, not everyone else. This is ridiculous. 
    Yeah this is all pretty crazy.  Making it more difficult for 99.9% of golfers because the top 0.1% of golfers are shooting -30 in tournaments will just never make sense to me.  
  • Options
    All complete bollocks 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited December 2023
    So why don't we make it easier for amateurs?  Lets get our drives going an extra 20 yards?  30 yards?   I'm not concerned at all about an amateur hitting their drives 3-5 yards less.     This is a whole lot of nothing.   Bifurcation, no bifurcation.  Just don't care.  
  • Options
    Sounds like Rahm to LIV is a done deal and it's over $500M.  Just crazy.  But it still won't get me to watch LIV.  Sadly he's another great player that most will only see at the 4 majors.  
  • Options
    Sounds like Rahm to LIV is a done deal and it's over $500M.  Just crazy.  But it still won't get me to watch LIV.  Sadly he's another great player that most will only see at the 4 majors.  
    Between this and the rollback...just a really bad week for golf. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So it is official. I guess more guys will go to this stupid league that no one cares about now?

Sooner than later golf will be like tennis where all anyone bothers to watch would be the majors. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So it is official. I guess more guys will go to this stupid league that no one cares about now?

Sooner than later golf will be like tennis where all anyone bothers to watch would be the majors. 
    Sadly it looks like this is where we're heading.  No one will give a shit about either tour and the majors will be the only thing that really matter.  
  • Options
    The greed amongst the current group of players is unfathomable.  They are way overvaluing themselves.  They are only concerned about taking and not maintaining a good thing for the next generations.  They worked hard to get as good as they are, but nobody gives a sh*t about them without the PGA tour that was built by the people before them.  

Sure Rahm is a little hyprocritical, but I'd find it difficult to turn down that much money (frankly, I wouldn't).

• Options
    Cantlay and Xander next?  2 players that value themselves like they are multiple major winners but in fact winless.  
  • Options

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    ^^^ “this process will help my bank account”

plain and simple.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Oh what a load of shit. He's going to a tour that no one watches or cares about.  Just be real and say they offered me a half billion and I couldn't say no.  
  • Options

Oh what a load of shit. He's going to a tour that no one watches or cares about.  Just be real and say they offered me a half billion and I couldn't say no.  
    c’mon! he’s helping to “grow the game”! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Is this real?

go to hell.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    He wants to grow the game. His move to Liv guarantees millions and millions less people will watch him play golf. It also likely means less people will watch the tour he is leaving. Seems as if that is the opposite of growing the game. 

Fuck Liv. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    he got a cool faux letterman jacket, too. :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    edited December 2023
    Rahm recently came across as one of the most thoughtful and interesting golfers. 

His Arizona state reputation was that he drank and liked chicks with bit tits…nothing wrong with that.

Based on his past comments, especially that the format is a joke and his legacy is most important, he’s the biggest fucking fraud of them all. 

Fuck Phil. Fuck Norman. Fuck rahm. Fuck the pga

Golf is dumb.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Maybe $600 mil will buy him a jeweler who can take a couple links out of a watch 

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684

He also has a giant, sweaty ass.  

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Tee time booked at Royal Melbourne (West) for next November.    Pearl Jam and golf.  can’t wait.  East was already full.  
  • Options
    This is amazing...that Barstool Jerry dude started a livestream at 9PM last night and said he's not stopping until he gets a hole in one. 1600 shots and 14+hours in and he's melting down. Says he can't quit...incredible stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd4IuhAcI50

• Options
    Over 2000 strokes