Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    We should remember Brooks’ press conference at the US Open when he transfers over to LIV.   If he doesn’t switch then respect for his ripping the media but if he rips the media for asking questions and then he switches a few weeks later than he is disingenuous. 

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    We should remember Brooks’ press conference at the US Open when he transfers over to LIV.   If he doesn’t switch then respect for his ripping the media but if he rips the media for asking questions and then he switches a few weeks later than he is disingenuous. 

Why would a guy who primarily only shows up for majors jeopardize his chances of winning future majors by moving to LIV?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Why would a guy who primarily only shows up for majors jeopardize his chances of winning future majors by moving to LIV?
    Money.  We'll see.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    Going with Rahm for my one and done pick this week. With all the LIV shit going on and Rory/JT last week, kinda feels like he's a bit under the radar.  Had been kinda saving Rory for this week but it's just so damn hard to win 2 weeks in a row.  
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Going with Rahm for my one and done pick this week. With all the LIV shit going on and Rory/JT last week, kinda feels like he's a bit under the radar.  Had been kinda saving Rory for this week but it's just so damn hard to win 2 weeks in a row.  
    JT for me...I am so incredibly bad this year, it's unreal.  Really good golfers miss the cut every time I pick them for like their only MC of the year
  • Options
    JT for me...I am so incredibly bad this year, it's unreal.  Really good golfers miss the cut every time I pick them for like their only MC of the year

I'm up to 5th place of around 70 people in mine.  Had JT for the PGA and Finau last week.  You gotta hit at least 1 major winner to have a good chance to win these pools....major payouts are crazy.  Just saw the winner this week is over $3M.
  • Options
    Incredible leaderboard. Didn’t see much of today 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    Incredible leaderboard. Didn’t see much of today 
    ‘twas good. you oughtta be retired.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Holy shit that rory double.

he’s given 3 shots to the course 
  • Options
    Come on Rory.  Course is playing difficult.  Would be awesome and frustrating to play this course as the pros do.
  • Options
    I don’t dislike the guy, but anyone but scheffler? 
  • Options
    Yeah, I am not excited to see his name at the top of the leader board.  Don’t know why.  
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Woah, helluva putt from Fitzpatrick. 

And then Zalatoris follows it right up.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    This is a very good golf tournament 
  • Options
    Happy for Fitzpatrick.   These guys are good.  That bunker shot under pressure was impressive on 18 for Fitzpatrick.  

• Options
    Was pulling for zalatoris a bit but always been a fan of Fitzpatrick. Seems like a good kid 
  • Options
    I just feel Zalatoris hasn't paid his dues yet.  Won a tour event or two, etc...  I think that is why I don't root for him.  Stupid reason but I think that is why.
  • Options
    I just feel Zalatoris hasn't paid his dues yet.  Won a tour event or two, etc...  I think that is why I don't root for him.  Stupid reason but I think that is why.
    He's only been on the tour for a couple years and has been runner up at three majors. Give the kid a break! lol

I like him. I just hate his stupid putter. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114

LIV should be viewed more as an exhibition and not a full tour which should limit qualification into future majors. It has a limited field, limited schedule, limited participation, guaranteed money not based on performance and no standard qualification / ability for non members  to enter and win the highest weekly prize. Their golfers are more protected employees than tour competitors.

Encouraging comments from USGA president. 

Whan cautioned that the U.S.G.A. would not act rashly but would unquestionably “re-evaluate” its qualifying criteria.

“The question was, could you envision a day where it would be harder for some folks doing different things to get into a U.S. Open?” he said. “I could.”

• Options
    Brooks and Abe ancer
  • Options

Yep, Brooks completely rips on the media for asking him questions about a tour he will join less than a week later.  He wasn’t winning anymore on the PGA and probably doesn’t get the endorsements compared to others so makes sense he is chasing the money,  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    So who's our WCW comparison for Brooks? So far we have....

The Saudi government as Ted Turner
    Greg Norman as Eric Bischoff
    Phil Mickelson as Hollywood Hogan (right down to the black beard/clothes/shades)
    Dustin Johnson as Kevin Nash
    Bryson DeChambeau as Scott Hall
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Yep, Brooks completely rips on the media for asking him questions about a tour he will join less than a week later.  He wasn’t winning anymore on the PGA and probably doesn’t get the endorsements compared to others so makes sense he is chasing the money,  
    He's sponsored by Nike and just signed a huge equipment deal with Srixon/Cleveland.  Dude is making a ton of money on endorsements.  He has been brutal this year but finished top 10 in 3 majors last year.  Huge loss for the Tour.  This whole situation just sucks.
  • Options

He's sponsored by Nike and just signed a huge equipment deal with Srixon/Cleveland.  Dude is making a ton of money on endorsements.  He has been brutal this year but finished top 10 in 3 majors last year.  Huge loss for the Tour.  This whole situation just sucks.
    The Eamon Lynch article on Brooks is pretty good.  This is all bad though.  The 3 biggest heels in golf...4 if you count Sergio, are all gone from the PGA Tour.  Does suck
  • Options

The Eamon Lynch article on Brooks is pretty good.  This is all bad though.  The 3 biggest heels in golf...4 if you count Sergio, are all gone from the PGA Tour.  Does suck
    I'm assuming this is Brooks, Bryson, and Reed?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629

Maybe Phil rather than Brooks?  I wouldn't quite call Brooks a heel.  Bryson and Reed for sure. 
  • Options
    Yeah all the villains are going away. Not good. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, those are the guys I was thinking of.
  • Options
    “You can’t drive a car looking in the rear view mirror”.  This may be the most ridiculous statement I have heard from Koepka. Sounded contrived and clearly he thought of it ahead of time because his delivery was a little clunky like he over practiced it.  

It would be tough to turn down $100M.  Hopefully they will do a lot of good with it and not just buy planes and houses.  My guess is DJ and Brooks will buy planes and houses judging by how they needed to make sure the world was aware of how fantastic their wedding events were on Instagram.  One of the reasons I thought Brooks would go to LIV because he is about money and has an inferiority complex. 

• Options

Pearl Jam bootlegs: