Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    That's good stuff
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    that is great.  busy laughing here.
  • Options
  • Options
    Good, indeed, though No Laying Up has been using the Brooks Was Here thing for a long time
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    Lol....so this guy just writes song parodies about golf?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, the internet is wild, huh?  Golf Twitter specifically

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    Yeah, the internet is wild, huh?  Golf Twitter specifically

Well I've just given "Golf's premier parodist" a follow so, yeah, it is!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114

Players  like Cantlay would have difficulty getting into the majors in the future without tour wins and what could be declining world rankings. Players like Koepka and Reed made more sense because they have automatic qualifiers from prior major wins, for the next few years at most.

If these guys want Saudi blood money in obscurity playing after five second ads on you tube next to bad bunny, so be it. In five years, good luck getting into majors or endorsement deals.

PGA is announcing increased prize money next year and a new 3 week international series. Hopefully the majors and OGWR  will update qualifications soon.. Exhibition series like LIV should have no place in OGWR rankings and no opportunities for major qualifications, as these players are now paid employees and not golf competitors 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    Reed wearing a LIV Golf hat because no one wants to sponsor him is just perfect.....

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited June 2022
    First Ireland golf round in the books.  Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links.  A Bernard Langer design.  Accidentally played from 7100 yards as didn’t think 6500 meters was that long.  Had a blast even though shot a 46-46.  So much fun.  

Portmarnock Golf Club was completely full.  But got to ease into links golf by myself which was nice.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 632
    They probably get a lot of business from confused tourists booking the wrong course...I'm teeing it up for 4 days in Surrey (London suburbs) after the Amsterdam show.  Have fun!
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    ddeschler said:
    They probably get a lot of business from confused tourists booking the wrong course...I'm teeing it up for 4 days in Surrey (London suburbs) after the Amsterdam show.  Have fun!
    Good for you.  Have a great time.  

I wanted to play 36 today but need to ease my way into this.  13 rounds ahead of me.  Stayed at the hotel so only 150.  WAnted to stay close to Portmarnock Golf Club just in case a spot opened.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    And it's close to the airport!  I've played Royal Dublin, which is a decent links.  The Island is also supposed to be decent, in that area as well.  What's the full itinerary look like?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    ddeschler said:
    Good for you.  Have a great time.  

I wanted to play 36 today but need to ease my way into this.  13 rounds ahead of me.  Stayed at the hotel so only 150.  WAnted to stay close to Portmarnock Golf Club just in case a spot opened.
    You're playing 13 rounds in Europe?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    Watched about 5 mins of the LIV broadcast.  They do show a ton of actual golf shots which is nice but holy shit these announcers are nauseating.  Jerry Foltz in particular.

• Options
    ddeschler said:
    And it's close to the airport!  I've played Royal Dublin, which is a decent links.  The Island is also supposed to be decent, in that area as well.  What's the full itinerary look like?
    Day 1: Crowded House concert in Dublin
    Day 2:  Portmarnock Hotel Golf
    Day 3:  Portstewart Strand
    Day 4: Portstewart Strand
    Day 5: Royal Portrush
    Day 6:  County Sligo and Lahinch
    Day 7:  Go to JP McManus Pro-am to hopefully see Tiger Woods at Adare Manor
    Day 8:  Lahinch
    Day 9: Ballybunion x2
    Day 10: Adare Manor
    Day 11:  Tralee
    Day 12:  Old Head
    Day 13: Royal County Down

SiX nights in Budapest to relax after all the Ireland mess and then one night to see PJ in Paris.  

What courses are you playing?
  • Options
    That's wild man!  Sligo and Lahinch on the same day!  Not terribly close to each other.  Old Head and Royal County Down far apart as well.  That's a dream list.  Try to find some rest in there, pace yourself, and good luck!  Old Head must be seen to be believed.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    It's light in Ireland until about 10:30 right now, so those double rounds are definitely doable.

At least Ireland has built some highways in the last 10 years so I think Sligo-Lahinch is a shorter drive than it used to be.

When I first moved here it took 3 1/2 hours on country roads to get from Galway to Dublin. Now you can do it in 2 hours.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I had paid for two rounds at places because my brother was coming too in 2020 and 2021 before the covid cancellations,  but he couldn’t do the trip this year.  So that is why I have some double rounds booked.  If I am exhausted I will just skip one.  Couldn’t get a refund.  I had to fit in Royal County Down if I could find an opening and that was the only one.  Had two paid rounds at Old Head so figured I should drop that in too and just have lots of long drives.  Never know when can make it back here.

played Portstewart Strand today. My god what an awesome, but tough and tiring course.  I give it up to you Irish golfers.  Definitely in shape.  American golf couldn’t survive without the golf cart.
  • Options
    I had paid for two rounds at places because my brother was coming too in 2020 and 2021 before the covid cancellations,  but he couldn’t do the trip this year.  So that is why I have some double rounds booked.  If I am exhausted I will just skip one.  Couldn’t get a refund.  I had to fit in Royal County Down if I could find an opening and that was the only one.  Had two paid rounds at Old Head so figured I should drop that in too and just have lots of long drives.  Never know when can make it back here.

played Portstewart Strand today. My god what an awesome, but tough and tiring course.  I give it up to you Irish golfers.  Definitely in shape.  American golf couldn’t survive without the golf cart.
    You're walking all of these rounds?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Pretty much have to at these courses.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Caddies, carts or carry?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Caddies, carts or carry?
    Pushcarts, but a few will be caddy.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Caddies, carts or carry?
    Geez.  I walked three days in a row (18 each) a few weeks ago and my arthritic knee was friggin' angry for about 5 days.  I would have no chance doing what you're doing.  I could play 13 days in a row, but not push a cart. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Caddies, carts or carry?
    Geez.  I walked three days in a row (18 each) a few weeks ago and my arthritic knee was friggin' angry for about 5 days.  I would have no chance doing what you're doing.  I could play 13 days in a row, but not push a cart. 
    I had knee issues last summer.  Walked 7 rounds in three days to start a golf trip.  I canceled rounds the next two days as I couldn’t walk very well.  I am trying to be careful this time by exercising ahead of time and then taking it slow up and down hills.  I can feel some of the knee pain starting to flare up a little.  I may cancel the two-a-days.  Back issues too.  I always try to do too much on vacations.
  • Options