Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Reed talking about how the team golf aspect of LIV is refreshing. Dude, your college teammates accused you of cheating and everyone on the Ryder/presidents cup teams hate you 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Here is an article about how difficult Brookline will be:  https://golf.com/travel/the-country-club-us-open-host-wicked-good/?amp=1

Will be interesting to see if this article is another in a long line of wishful thinking.  
  • Options
    Reed talking about how the team golf aspect of LIV is refreshing. Dude, your college teammates accused you of cheating and everyone on the Ryder/presidents cup teams hate you 
    Hilarious.  These guys will do and say anything for money.  Like Mickelson not having the guts to state specific human rights.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Shit like this is why it will be hard to take LIV seriously.

• Options
    Haha.  This is all pretty crazy.
  • Options
    Cool to see a woman win a Euro tour event.  Granted the tees were closer for the ladies but still to win by nine shots is impressive. 
  • Options
    Tour couldn’t get luckier with this weekend leaderboard 
  • Options
    What a final group this was today.   Nice win for Rory and being able to hold off JT and Tony for 18 holes.  

And he still wins about 30% of what Charl won playing 54 holes against a bunch of nobodies.
  • Options
    “One more than someone else”
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Great comment. Ironic that JT and Rory were there at the end being the biggest champions (i.e., proponents) for the PGA right now.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Great comment. Ironic that JT and Rory were there at the end being the biggest champions (i.e., proponents) for the PGA right now.
    It would be interesting to know the difference in sponsorship value between teh PGA tour and all of the homes it reaches, and LIV.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    got lucky
    Whos' the wanker w the PJ hat?
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,972
    got lucky
    Some fat man who put on a tonne
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    got lucky
    You look good, stop it.
  • Options
    got lucky
    You look better than Louie.  You'd think with all that money, he'd fix the teeth. 
  • Options
    I stood with louis wife on the  Thursday.  Classy lady
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Rob I'm noticing that you had more access than others.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Rob I'm noticing that you had more access than others.
    We went in both days at the  club members  entrance.  Took a chance and they  just scanned our tickets which i got off ebay for £2 each . 3 day tickets. And let us through . But the players  walk through the communal path between range. Putting  green and tee. Its all very  open and close to the players. But yes  we did just wonder up the other  side of the  barrier when those pics were taken.
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    It's been a least 3-4 years since I've played a round.  I used to play once a week....it's just gotten away from me.
    Thinking about buying some new sticks.  My old ones are, well, old as shit.

Any recommendations?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Tour couldn’t get luckier with this weekend leaderboard 
    Yep. And the crowd was fantastic too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    It's been a least 3-4 years since I've played a round.  I used to play once a week....it's just gotten away from me.

Any recommendations?
    If it's been that long,  you probably want some game improvement irons. Taylormade Stealths should be on the short list. 
  • Options
    I played first time in 5 years.  Dear lord
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mca47 said:

Any recommendations?
    Get fitted for clubs.  That's the one thing you always read is that no matter what level you're at, getting fitted for clubs that suit you is the way to go.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Any recommendations?
    Get fitted for clubs.  That's the one thing you always read is that no matter what level you're at, getting fitted for clubs that suit you is the way to go.
    I don't believe that most golfers benefit from this in a way that offsets the increased cost,  custom shafts, etc.  It doesn't take a 20 to a 15. It's not that shafts don't matter,  they do.  But I also think you adjust your swing over time. Just my opinion. 
  • Options
    Not necessarily saying fully custom clubs but just having an idea of what type of shaft you need and if you need longer/shorter length irons can make a huge difference IMO rather than just buying right off the shelf.  I bought off the shelf many years ago before I knew what I was doing with equipment and turned out I needed my irons lengthened an inch and a half.  Made a huge difference for me.
  • Options
    Right, the comparison is that you wouldn't run a race with everyone wearing the same size shoes
  • Options
    Not necessarily saying fully custom clubs but just having an idea of what type of shaft you need and if you need longer/shorter length irons can make a huge difference IMO rather than just buying right off the shelf.  I bought off the shelf many years ago before I knew what I was doing with equipment and turned out I needed my irons lengthened an inch and a half.  Made a huge difference for me.
    Yes,  I can see a length issue.  

When it comes to steel irons,  I just don't think there's a world of difference that makes the cost and time worth it.  It's more useful for your driver. I ended up taking the Ventus off my Stealth and putting on the shaft from my old SLDR. I think I just had conformed my swing to that shaft over the years 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    I think the biggest winners in the whole LIV thing are the caddies. They're getting zero scrutiny or attention and they're going to make big bucks. Especially the ones caddying for the guys that struggled on the PGA Tour.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    I think the biggest winners in the whole LIV thing are the caddies. They're getting zero scrutiny or attention and they're going to make big bucks. Especially the ones caddying for the guys that struggled on the PGA Tour.
    No Laying Up had some unverified information that they are getting mid 6 figure bonuses and there was some comments on Twitter about their transportation, access to locker rooms and lounges and all.